|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - To be the Final Game in the Witcher Series

Default Witcher 3 - To be the Final Game in the Witcher Series

February 7th, 2013, 21:47
CD Project RED issued a press release a couple of days ago announcing this game, as we told you here. Reading through the press release we learn that:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the final episode of the award-winning RPG series and the last part of the legend of Geralt of Rivia. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is the most robust and breathtaking game ever created by CD Projekt RED. Open world free-roaming exploration is an adventure in itself as the player will gallop through war-ravaged lands, sail misty waters and track down dangerous beasts for money.
Thanks to Lemonhead in our forums for catching this as well.

Thanks also goes to our forumites who are discussing the features in the game here.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 7th, 2013, 21:47
This is actually incorrect - http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/06/th…her-after-all/

'Furthermore, CEO Adam Kicinski has stated that the "franchise will be continued."'

killias2:
Steam is the only answer. It's convenient, it's easy to use, it's simple and fast. It's great.

killias2

Sentinel

February 7th, 2013, 22:02
So, future games will be open world sandbox in the Witcher setting with customizable protagonist?

Sign me up!

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

February 7th, 2013, 23:09
I guess this is what's happening when we rely on one source for information - and som information might also be lost in translation here, I think….

Anyway, thank you for this Great to know

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 8th, 2013, 08:25
Please just kill him off so we can actually start playing our own Witcher, instead of the bullshit playing as Garret. This false "neutral protagonist" narrative is just ridiculously bad.

CD Project RED 'had' ('has' if they pull their head our of their …) so much potential with this world and talent to waste on false narrative stories and quests. It's like their are two different teams one really talented writers creating some original quests. Then some evil team sneaks in at night and completely screws up the quests with fake neutral choices.

Please don't make me remember that stupid quest in Witcher 1 chapter 3 "the girlfriend choice" or even worst Abigale.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

February 8th, 2013, 09:13
CDP does not control or own The Witcher though. The author (Andrzej Sapkowski) does, and so far the whole series (books, that is) has been about Geralt as far as I know. Simply adding another main character is not up to CDP at all, it's up to Sapkowski.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

February 8th, 2013, 09:25
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
CDP does not control or own The Witcher though. The author (Andrzej Sapkowski) does, and so far the whole series (books, that is) has been about Geralt as far as I know. Simply adding another main character is not up to CDP at all, it's up to Sapkowski.
You would think people would know that. The Witcher is based on Geralt because that is what the author wanted in his contract more than likely. The series is based on just him not others. Suffice it to say I don't care what route they take character choices are set protagonist doesn't matter to me.

Variety is the key word all games shouldn't follow the same pattern just because some want certain features. There is room for all types of rpg's. I know one thing they better not kill him as that will be very cliched if they do. I don't need another ME3.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 8th, 2013, 09:55
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
What… gave you this idea?

Sapkowski - an antisocial grump - doesn't give a damn about The Witcher games and he never influenced development in any way.

Actually, he despises them a little bit. And I can't blame him for that. The Witcher games may be ambitious and fun but… Gerlat has never been a jedi knight with time stopping spells and fireballs, living in a high fantasy world. Gaming industry has a weird definition of "faithful adaptation".

Rzepik

Traveler

February 8th, 2013, 11:16
As somebody who likes the Witcher "world" but greatly dislikes games that force you into a set role\gender, I'm happy! I just wish they did it from the outset rather than after 3 games. It's not like the games follow the books anyway, but I guess they were afraid that fans wouldn't buy them if they weren't about Geralt.

Elel

Watchdog

February 8th, 2013, 11:23
I - for one - would welcome the chance to create my own persona - and especially to have a wider arsenal to choose from.

As long as the writing is still at the same high level - I'd consider that a major step up.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 8th, 2013, 12:38
Originally Posted by CountChocula View Post
So, future games will be open world sandbox in the Witcher setting with customizable protagonist?

Sign me up!
Sandbox? Sign me out.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - To be the Final Game in the Witcher Series