|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Wizardry 7

Default Wizardry 7

January 30th, 2013, 20:03
How many beat "Mighty Mouse" and the Horror of 1000 Eyes in Wiz 7?

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer

January 30th, 2013, 20:50
Originally Posted by PetrusOctavianus View Post
How many beat "Mighty Mouse" and the Horror of 1000 Eyes in Wiz 7?
I did!
It was with a party with max 1 class change per member and at not particularly high levels (say, around 25 - 28).
Both encounters took many tries (Beast of 1000 Eyes especially) and in both faerie ninja was the only survivor (resulting in a major level discrepancy between him and the others ).
IIRC, my strategy for the mouse was something along armormelt, summons, ninja in shadows and counting on luck, I´ve no idea about the Beast, except that each attempt was long, involved crapload of deaths/resurrecting, counting on luck and I probably had some bat necklaces equipped.
Last edited by DeepO; January 30th, 2013 at 21:26.

DeepO

deep outside

January 30th, 2013, 21:24
thanks for the spoiler. one day I'm going to finish Wiz 7. Its such a shame that Wiz Gold is such a clunky interface.

Back in the day Wiz 7 was known for its faction system. I never got too much into replay and never got that far in the game. Is Wiz 8's faction system greatly simplified compared to 7?

I've tried to play Wiz 5 and 6 but I can't past how primitive it is. I did try another crack at Wiz 4 with a walkthough, but even with the walkthrough it still proved difficult.

Not having an automap is part of the charm of some of these old games. Graph paper is your friend.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

January 31st, 2013, 00:04
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
I did!
It was with a party with max 1 class change per member and at not particularly high levels (say, around 25 - 28).
Both encounters took many tries (Beast of 1000 Eyes especially) and in both faerie ninja was the only survivor (resulting in a major level discrepancy between him and the others ).
IIRC, my strategy for the mouse was something along armormelt, summons, ninja in shadows and counting on luck, I´ve no idea about the Beast, except that each attempt was long, involved crapload of deaths/resurrecting, counting on luck and I probably had some bat necklaces equipped.

I don't remember my tactic against the mouse, but I did beat on first try with four of my guys ending up dead.
Against the Beast I succeeded when I realized Resurrection could be cast in combat. I finished the combat with four characters barelt alive. My guys were multiclassed and levels 28-36.

Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
one day I'm going to finish Wiz 7. Its such a shame that Wiz Gold is such a clunky interface.

Back in the day Wiz 7 was known for its faction system. I never got too much into replay and never got that far in the game. .
Avoid Wiz Gold like the plague. The Diplomacy doesn't work and the voice acting is some of the weakest I've heard.

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer

January 31st, 2013, 04:12
Originally Posted by PetrusOctavianus View Post
I don't remember my tactic against the mouse, but I did beat on first try with four of my guys ending up dead.
Against the Beast I succeeded when I realized Resurrection could be cast in combat. I finished the combat with four characters barelt alive. My guys were multiclassed and levels 28-36.
Cool .
Seems like the mouse wasn´t all that fiendish for you after all (personally I remember it as being easier than the Beast as well, even though it, IIRC, granted more experience).

Also, seconding the Wizardry Gold not recommendation.

DeepO

deep outside

January 31st, 2013, 09:28
Originally Posted by DeepO View Post
Cool .
Seems like the mouse wasn´t all that fiendish for you after all (personally I remember it as being easier than the Beast as well, even though it, IIRC, granted more experience).
Well, my guys were probably higher levels than yours, and had more classes and thus higher skills. I beat him while traveling further down the dungeon, while I saved the Beast for the return journey.

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer

February 8th, 2013, 09:44
Multiclassing is the way to go with W7, you should do this at lvl10 since you need much more xp to level after that and all your toons will have much more abilities. My party was a Faerie Thief-Ninja/Dwarf Fighter-Valkyrie/Rawulf Priest-Lord/Gnome Mage-Bishop/Felpurr Bard-Samurai and Elven Alchemist-Ranger, that way you can have most gear also.

I killed all the monsters, but not after I first killed the lesser ones to see what they drop and make a save after I got the best item
I do remember a bigger fight where X marks the spot on the island but that did not always spawn and I forgot how those monsters were called.

Inner peace through superior firepower, currently killing Gonds on NWN server
www.gondorvsmordor.com/gvm1
Last edited by Chaozrulez; February 8th, 2013 at 09:55.

Chaozrulez

Keep'em rollin'

Send a message via Skype™ to Chaozrulez
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Wizardry 7