|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grimoire - The Campaign is Over. Time For a New one

Default Grimoire - The Campaign is Over. Time For a New one

February 14th, 2013, 17:57
The IndieGoGo campaign for Grimoire is over ending at $10.598 of an asked $250.000. The demo is still not done, so we have that to look forward to as we can look forward to the new campaign.
Well, the IndieGoGo campaign has come to an end. Thanks to all the people who pledged.
I have quite a few things to do. As a minimum I have to put the URL into the new demo of where our new campaign is running so I have to package up the demo this weekend for installation.
When the new site is ready I will put the link to it up on this one and will mail it out to all who have previously pledged, just so they will know where it is.
All pledgers will be getting the super demo by private email. The public demo will be available to everybody but only those who pledged at least $25 will get the super demo which will be roughly equivalent in size to the original demo released in 1997.
Sometime in February I will see if I can get stuck into implementing the pledges. As of this time it is no big deal, less than a day or two of work if I have them all in front of me. The biggest problem is corresponding with pledgers to get the specs on their contribution to game content.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 14th, 2013, 17:57
Of course Cleve can do what he wants, but I would think releasing the "super demo" to everyone might be a better choice since I would think he'd want to impress as many potential backers as possible.

Fargol

Watcher

February 14th, 2013, 18:02
Maybe he should spend more time doing what he promised people he would do, instead of telling everyone every detail of what he intends to do.

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

February 14th, 2013, 18:07
I think he should consider therapy.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 14th, 2013, 18:40
He should, but Cleve probably thinks therapy is something he should be giving and not receiving.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 14th, 2013, 18:46
Just give everyone the same demo, it doesnt make sense what he's doing….

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

February 14th, 2013, 20:14
he's not giving $25 contributors the full game? I'm guessing "super-demo" is the largest state of the game.

super-demo was not on the grid of my betting pool. did anyone bet this?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

February 14th, 2013, 20:24
Just put out the damn demo already, for Pete's sake. This ain't rocket science, if you want your product to survive, give the crowd something to sample.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

February 14th, 2013, 20:44
I think his concern will be to get the demo out for his next Indiegogo campaign.

I don't see anything wrong with the super demo idea for backers - I expect the normal demo will be adequate for those who are undecided about whether they like this kind of game or not. I think the best thing he could do is to have a pre purchase offer on the game and offer the super demo to all pre-purchasers. Really best to do that through a site.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2013, 00:01
Originally Posted by screeg View Post
Maybe he should spend more time doing what he promised people he would do, instead of telling everyone every detail of what he intends to do.
^this

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2013, 03:09
He got $10k for fucking nothing.

I can't believe this guy. He is a mind boggling nightmare.

darkling

Keeper of the Watch

February 15th, 2013, 08:38
Cleve should get therapy and I seem to recall way back a doctor coming in and giving a remote diagnosis in the G R I M O I R E I S C O M I N G S U M M E R 2 0 0 2 thread. The exchange with Dr Sestan here and here wasn't quite as epic as I remember but the thread is just as entertaining. But with this remark "Normally I don't encourage the Narcissistic Personality Disordered types, as
it invariably causes them more harm, sometimes even triggering a conversion
to an axis I diagnosis with profound psychosis (Cleve this may have already
happened!)," he may have been right. Ultimately I want to feel sorry for him but he makes is so incredibly hard but its fun gawking on the journey down.

He does at least owe the people that pledged a copy I think and not just a demo since he is keeping their money.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2013, 08:42
The "superdemo" supposedly covers the same areas as the original demo. How long was the original Grimoire demo?

Raggie

Watchdog

February 15th, 2013, 10:21
I wonder how much of the $10,000 he raised assembling two different demos will take.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

February 15th, 2013, 10:25
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
he's not giving $25 contributors the full game? I'm guessing "super-demo" is the largest state of the game.

super-demo was not on the grid of my betting pool. did anyone bet this?
I never would've guessed "super demo.," nor would I have guessed a second IndieGoGo campaign, since you get to keep the money from the first, even if it falls short of the goal.

But is turning up naked in a bell tower with a high-powered rifle on your grid? If so, I want to buy that square. Crazier still are the people who contribute to this second campaign.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

February 15th, 2013, 10:44
Originally Posted by Raggie View Post
The "superdemo" supposedly covers the same areas as the original demo. How long was the original Grimoire demo?
actually, the 98 DOS demo was pretty long. i as i remember right, one could aquire the first of nine tablets during the demo.

Sertorius

Watcher

February 15th, 2013, 10:45
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
I wonder how much of the $10,000 he raised assembling two different demos will take.
Most of that $10,000 will need to be used to fulfill pledges - in particular of the physical deliverables. I do think though that Golden Era should try to avoid promising delivery dates both for the demos and the final product that they are not able to meet. That's not something that inspires confidence.

The reason given for the latest delay seems to be that the URL of the new campaign is being inserted into the demo. I can see why they would want to do that.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with using Indiegogo for "prepurchase" campaigns as long as developers of such products are fully committed to delivering their product within a reasonable time of the promised reward fulfillment dates (noone actually releases software *exactly* on time, especially RPGs, ever, so it would be ironic if Grimoire did actually appear in May 2013).

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

February 15th, 2013, 14:27
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
And I don't think there is anything wrong with using Indiegogo for "prepurchase" campaigns as long as developers of such products are fully committed to delivering their product within a reasonable time of the promised reward fulfillment dates
Yep, that sounds like the Cleve I know… Mr. on-time delivery… a man who keeps his promises and never, ever over-promises and under-delivers.

Falchor

Sentinel

February 15th, 2013, 14:39
Originally Posted by Sertorius View Post
actually, the 98 DOS demo was pretty long. i as i remember right, one could aquire the first of nine tablets during the demo.
Well, I guess then you could say the pledgers won't go entirely empty-handed… Assuming of course that even the demos do actually come out eventually.

Raggie

Watchdog

February 15th, 2013, 16:38
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
He should, but Cleve probably thinks therapy is something he should be giving and not receiving.
"Therapy is weakness entering the body"
— Insert Name of Some Famous Person

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grimoire - The Campaign is Over. Time For a New one