|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

February 18th, 2013, 03:36
Originally Posted by Warmark View Post
If anyone wants to give an old school Fantasy/Adventure game that Alrik highly recommended a go, Steam has The Book of Unwritten Tales for $4.99 till Feb. 21, just picked it up myself.
That was one of my xmas sale buy. Nice little game.
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#3081

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,408

Default 

February 18th, 2013, 04:02
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
That was one of my xmas sale buy. Nice little game.
It sure is.
Installed it this afternoon and been blown away with how well made this game is. From the graphics to the voice acting to the story with all of it's subtle but funny quips based on other fantasy works from Tolkien to Star Wars and games like WoW.

It's the first adventure type game I've played since Dreamfall I think but a great game to revisit this genre again.

Thanks again for the recommendation Alrik.
Warmark is offline

Warmark

Sentinel

#3082

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver , Canada
Posts: 363

Default 

February 18th, 2013, 04:18
According to the reviews the sequel The Critter Chronicals is even slightly better.
Gorath is offline

Gorath

Gorath's Avatar
Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

#3083

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,771

Default 

February 19th, 2013, 13:12
Pricedrop currenty on GOG on many games:
http://www.gog.com/news/new_pricing_experiment

A few titles are definetly worth buying from the list if you don't have them yet. For example Outcast (4€), King's Bounty: The Legend (7€) and Ceville (7€).

Also a week of sales on Gamersgate. And also many stuff to grab if you don't have those yet which includes different editions and packs of Gothic series, etc:
http://www.gamersgate.com/offers

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#3084

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,595

Default 

February 19th, 2013, 13:19
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Ceville (7€).
This looked interesting to me since it came out but I never bought it for some reason.
Any opinions of the game?
Nameless one is offline

Nameless one

Nameless one's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3085

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,091

Default 

February 19th, 2013, 13:39
Originally Posted by Warmark View Post
If anyone wants to give an old school Fantasy/Adventure game that Alrik highly recommended a go, Steam has The Book of Unwritten Tales for $4.99 till Feb. 21, just picked it up myself.
Yeah, buy it ! You won't be disappointed !

Originally Posted by Warmark View Post
It sure is.
Installed it this afternoon and been blown away with how well made this game is. From the graphics to the voice acting to the story with all of it's subtle but funny quips based on other fantasy works from Tolkien to Star Wars and games like WoW.

It's the first adventure type game I've played since Dreamfall I think but a great game to revisit this genre again.

Thanks again for the recommendation Alrik.
That's exactly describing my own experiences with the game, too.

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
According to the reviews the sequel The Critter Chronicals is even slightly better.
If you can get that - the better !

BOUT and TCC can come in 1 bundle - you've got to check if this is the second game only, or the bundle.

Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
This looked interesting to me since it came out but I never bought it for some reason.
Any opinions of the game?
Ceville is imho an mediocre Adventure game - not bad, but not brilliant either.

I only played the first part, because I couldn't find good clues to the riddles …

What makes "Ceville" unique, however, is that you play an EVIL protagonist !
Or, in other words, that you play the "lesser evil" …


Edit : THe "Carnnival" man, how is he named in the English version of BOUT ? I'm really curious … Because his German name has a tale behind it …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR

#3086

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 15,850

Default 

February 19th, 2013, 23:41
Borderlands 2 is 60% off at GMG for the next 2 days. I'm tempted to give it a try for that price.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e…derlands-2-na/


Dead Space 3 is 33% off at Amazon. (Today only)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088TPV54?tag=deals4dowcom-20
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#3087

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,446

Default 

February 20th, 2013, 01:33
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Ceville is imho an mediocre Adventure game - not bad, but not brilliant either.

I only played the first part, because I couldn't find good clues to the riddles …

What makes "Ceville" unique, however, is that you play an EVIL protagonist !
Or, in other words, that you play the "lesser evil" …
Ceville is not a masterpiece.
However… Puzzles are not too easy and some are unbelievably original, never seen such ones elsewhere. But trust me, when you solve any of those puzzles, you'll feel great.

IIRC SPACE or TAB will show you pickable key items, it's not a cheat but a must in some areas (for example, without it it'll be hard to pinpoint a tomato to grab from a field).

It's different from some other annoying adventures where you see a thing, "feel" you'll need it later but you can't pick it up unless someone told you that you should get it - here if something is possibly needed somewhere, you may pick it although noone told you "look, that thing is very important".

Dunno about clues, I have an english version so perhaps german version really doesn't have good clues. Thus I had no problem with clues however.

The game doesn't lack of humor. As Alrik said, you play an evil character. But in fact not quite. You'll play more than one character… You'll see.

The game is definetly not mediocre, it's very good. If there was a sequel, I'd buy it instantly.

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#3088

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,595

Default 

February 20th, 2013, 01:45
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
This looked interesting to me since it came out but I never bought it for some reason.
Any opinions of the game?

Ceville is alright, and that is about it. Puzzles were a bit uninspired, though they were not actually bad (though neither were they really all that good), and many of the jokes managed to feel forced. Also, none of the characters managed to make me feel emotionally engaged in the story. It did have a charming aesthetic though.
Fnord is offline

Fnord

Fnord's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3089

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,352

Default 

February 20th, 2013, 12:26
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The game is definetly not mediocre, it's very good. If there was a sequel, I'd buy it instantly.
Perhaps some of its fun got lost in translation (so to say) ?
I don't know. I think I'll continue at one point, however.

Right now I'm already playing both BOUT and Haunted …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR

#3090

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 15,850

Default 

February 20th, 2013, 19:51
A lot of good titles on sale at GamersGate right now. All of the Gothic games, the SpellForce series, Painkiller series, and the Serious Sam games, among others. Prices up to 80% off.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?filt…t_style=thumbs
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#3091

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,446

Default 

February 22nd, 2013, 06:05
The entire Thief series on sale for $6.74 on Steam till noon on Saturday,
from https://www.facebook.com/RetroArcanum?ref=stream

To sum it up, I feel our space program ended up like this. "It's one small step for man. One giant leap for man kind. Oops I fell on my butt after that leap and can't get up anymore."
buckaroobonzai is offline

buckaroobonzai

buckaroobonzai's Avatar
VR nomad

#3092

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Hungary and USA
Posts: 216

Default 

February 22nd, 2013, 06:14
Yep…that Thief deal is absolutely phenomenal for people who don't have any of the games. Hall of Fame games for $2.49 each (ignoring Deadly Shadows, of course)…Steam is truly a beautiful thing.
gozioso is offline

gozioso

Watchdog

#3093

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 148

Default 

February 22nd, 2013, 13:44
Originally Posted by gozioso View Post
Yep…that Thief deal is absolutely phenomenal for people who don't have any of the games. Hall of Fame games for $2.49 each (ignoring Deadly Shadows, of course)…Steam is truly a beautiful thing.
I thought Deadly Shadows was quite good. It had issues, most of which were related to it being released on a far weaker system as well as the PC (this is why they had to cut up the levels), but it was a lot more consistent than Thief 2 in terms of level quality.
Fnord is offline

Fnord

Fnord's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3094

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 1,352

Default 

February 22nd, 2013, 14:45
GMG has The Critter Chronicals for 10€/$ minus 20% discount.

XCOM cost 20$ minus 20%.

Dungeon Lords MMXII is on sale everywhere for ca. 3.84€.
Gorath is offline

Gorath

Gorath's Avatar
Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

#3095

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 6,771

Default 

February 23rd, 2013, 01:22
after buying the Republic DLC for Crusader Kings 2 in the last Steam sale I can officially say I have absolutely no game I want to buy right now. All the games in the world could be free tomorrow and I would be like 'meh'. Blame Steam sales for that!
Other than my 10+ pledged kickstarter games I'm only looking forward to the Old Gods DLC for CK2, Europa Universalis 5 and Chaos Chronicles.
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Wonders what SasqWatch is

#3096

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,100

Default 

February 23rd, 2013, 15:57
For anyone thinking of getting Bioshock Infinite, GMG has a great preorder deal. You get $15 of store credit plus two free games.

You can choose from Civilization V, Mafia 2, Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II, Bioshock, and Bioshock 2.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

GamersGate is also offering the same deal if you prefer them.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#3097

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,446

Default 

February 23rd, 2013, 18:01
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
For anyone thinking of getting Bioshock Infinite, GMG has a great preorder deal. You get $15 of store credit plus two free games.

You can choose from Civilization V, Mafia 2, Spec Ops: The Line, The Darkness II, Bioshock, and Bioshock 2.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/

GamersGate is also offering the same deal if you prefer them.
That is really nice deal for all that plan to buy Bioshock:infinite(I already preordered it long time ago) from all those game I would recommend original Bioshock and Spec Ops:The line which does have mediocre gameplay but very good altho somewhat disturbing story (I haven't played Mafia 2 nor do I intend to).
Nameless one is offline

Nameless one

Nameless one's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#3098

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,091

Default 

February 23rd, 2013, 21:50
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
For anyone thinking of getting Bioshock Infinite, GMG has a great preorder deal. You get $15 of store credit plus two free games.
That is a super good deal! Too bad I already own all of the games.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
GamersGate is also offering the same deal if you prefer them.
Don't tell Thrasher!

— Mike
txa1265 is offline

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#3099

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 11,326

Default 

February 24th, 2013, 08:17
What are the opinions on Civilization V? I've actually never played any of the Civ games if you can believe that. I know the earlier titles are generally regarded as some of the best PC games of their time, but I haven't heard that kind of hype about Civ V.


@Nameless one - I'm mildly interested in The Line after reading the synopsis. You say the gameplay is mediocre, but does it at least "feel" like a PC title, or is it an obvious console port?
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#3100

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,446
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:32.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch