|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Citadel FAQ

Default Mass Effect 3 - Citadel FAQ

March 2nd, 2013, 23:50
BioWare has posted a basic FAQ for their upcoming Mass Effect 3 DLC, Citadel. It covers questions such as what gameplay stage you should tackle the DLC:
Should I Have Everything Else in the Game Done Before Playing Citadel?
There is no right or wrong time to play the Citadel DLC, once it’s unlocked. If you play the Citadel DLC with everything else unlocked (just before attacking Cronos Station), the new DLC content will all be unlocked. If you play the Citadel DLC right after stopping the Cerberus coup attempt, the DLC content will unlock naturally over the course of the main game.
Does the Citadel DLC Affect the Ending?
No, not beyond the possibility of adding new war assets to increase your Galactic Readiness score. You may of course continue on to play the endgame after completing the Citadel DLC, but there is also a natural “stopping point” that should make it clear where the DLC content ends and your return to the main game begins.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,968

Default 

March 2nd, 2013, 23:50
I wonder if anyone actually asked any of these "frequently asked questions".

Toka Koka
joxer is offline

joxer

joxer's Avatar
The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

#2

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,178

Default 

March 3rd, 2013, 01:13
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
I wonder if anyone actually asked any of these "frequently asked questions".
I've seen people ask this several times on various Mass Effect related forums. So…

Kinda boring, I know, since it was to be expected how this would work and even if not, I don't understand why people don't like it anymore to figure things out by themselves.
Malkavian is offline

Malkavian

Malkavian's Avatar
Watcher

#3

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 92

Default 

March 3rd, 2013, 09:04
Good that they managed to get around the download limit on consoles, since that have had a negative impact of me enjoying the PC version.

I´m buying it for old times sake, since the Citadel is an interesting place. Had that nice sense of wonder first time in ME1 (The Citadel were rather butchered in ME2..)

Totally off-topic,
reading this I'm very happy that the next generation of consoles are on their way. Mass Effect is a glaring example of what the limitations of that old hardware did to cross platform games (textures, animations etc..)

C
Crilloan is offline

Crilloan

Sentinel

#4

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: WGS84 Latitud:59.85 Longitud:17.65
Posts: 363

Default 

March 3rd, 2013, 20:44
Originally Posted by Crilloan View Post
reading this I'm very happy that the next generation of consoles are on their way. Mass Effect is a glaring example of what the limitations of that old hardware did to cross platform games
Disagree. Everything that was really bad about Mass Effect had nothing to do with hardware limitations. Rushed games and bad ideas transcend so called console generations. In that regard it doesn't matter if a game is for PS3 or 4.

I have nothing against good graphics, but less detailed textures pale in comparison to bad stories, bugs […] etc…
Malkavian is offline

Malkavian

Malkavian's Avatar
Watcher

#5

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 92

Default 

March 4th, 2013, 00:03
Originally Posted by Malkavian View Post
Disagree. Everything that was really bad about Mass Effect had nothing to do with hardware limitations. Rushed games and bad ideas transcend so called console generations. In that regard it doesn't matter if a game is for PS3 or 4.

I have nothing against good graphics, but less detailed textures pale in comparison to bad stories, bugs […] etc…
Right! Making ME3 on new engine with (probably) EA deadlines would be risky to overall effect. Therefore I was upset to find that they made this war-journey without any significant side quest, going through politics intrigues blah blah blah - adding them in dlcs is not an excuse ><
Misha is offline

Misha

Watcher

#6

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 88

Default 

March 4th, 2013, 01:03
Originally Posted by Misha View Post
Right! Making ME3 on new engine with (probably) EA deadlines would be risky to overall effect. Therefore I was upset to find that they made this war-journey without any significant side quest, going through politics intrigues blah blah blah - adding them in dlcs is not an excuse ><
Yeah very few successful companies have business models willing to allow for the necessary 3-5 years of development per installment in a series to both update technology and provide at least a breadth (if not also depth) of content with each release. EA is certainly not that patient over so many fiscal quarters and they seem to have become less so. The only two I can think of are Zenimax and CD Projekt RED (very different in many respects) - and I'd guess the relevant qualities they have in common are that both are privately held and have the money to reliably fund big projects.
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#7

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,523
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Citadel FAQ
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:59.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch