|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » Is Dr. Bradford Wilcox reliable and worth looking at his work in the future?

Default Is Dr. Bradford Wilcox reliable and worth looking at his work in the future?

March 4th, 2013, 05:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBXsmCKGNhE

I am interested to see more of his work, but do you think his religious convictions effect his work?

Damian

Sentinel

March 5th, 2013, 01:02
They wouldn't be convictions otherwise. I feel that traditional male & female parents is theoretically more ideal (for reasons of social development, not because otherwise the kids might catch 'teh gays'), but life is rarely ideal and a stable home life with loving parents (regardless of their gender/orientation) should be the gold standard.

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

March 5th, 2013, 01:41
So we lower the gold standard because we cant keep up with it? It is interesting that it was mentioned that families are more likely to stay together in a part(forgot which) of Asia and Southern Europe, i assume that they are less fixated on money than other countries. Do you think culture as a whole is splitting western families?

Damian

Sentinel

March 5th, 2013, 01:53
The community taking care of it's children have been the standard for thousands of years. Even church is an offspring of this model. Separate families in separate houses is a very young invention from the 19th century. Even today children are commonly monitored by adults, including grandparents and a child without grandparents is worse off than a child with grandparents. People not prepared to take care of the children in their community because it's not their own simply wish to avoid their responsibilities. That's all.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 5th, 2013, 02:36
What exactly happened in the 19th century to cause this then? Is it possible to revert back?

Damian

Sentinel

March 5th, 2013, 03:14
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
What exactly happened in the 19th century to cause this then? Is it possible to revert back?
Increased wealth and increased living standards. Naturally there were people who lived like that even before, but this was for the wealthy. For the rest it was common for multiple families or generations to live under the same roof, including servants. During the 19th century survivability, better living standards, improvements in science and the industrial revolution etc made it possible for more to make their own income and afford their own house.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_family

Can we revert back? Well, we already live in an era where people live in very different constructs even though the family construct is the most common.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 5th, 2013, 06:17
I see.

Damian

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » Is Dr. Bradford Wilcox reliable and worth looking at his work in the future?