|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - First Look

Default Shadowrun Returns - First Look

March 8th, 2013, 21:17
Lemonhead beat me to the post, but there's a first look at in Shadowrun Returns for its 43rd update.
The Harebrained team is pleased to bring you this alpha gameplay walkthrough video for Shadowrun Returns narrated by Jordan and Mitch. While no Bothans died to bring you this information, it’s been a wild ride to get to this point and there’s still plenty to do. But let’s not talk about the future for a moment. Let’s just take 20 minutes or so to relax and see the game in action.
Since our story is about secrets and lies, we decided that our video should walk you through a side-mission so you can get a clear sense of how the game is played without revealing any spoilers. In this mission, you’ve accepted a job from a reliable Fixer (who’s totally fronting for Aztechnology) to locate a rival corporate test lab and terminate the test (with extreme prejudice).
More information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

March 8th, 2013, 21:17
Looks really really great. God, Kickstarter has brought me so much joy, and so far none of the games have even been released yet…

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

March 8th, 2013, 21:28
I agree, at least on some extent. A few projects I backed – although not yet released – are exceeding my expectations. Shadowrun, Wasteland 2, Project Eternity look like very well done and managed by professional teams.

Several others, on the other hand, are not handling things that well. The Banner Saga with the Factions debacle, Dead State is MIA, Expeditions Conquistadores was released, then not, then was released again, then is full of bugs and in needs of serious testing… heck, even Legends of Eisenwald, which is supposed to be released next month, just had an updated that – to me – made the game crashing to the desktop immediately.

So, maybe in the end it will be all good, but yet not sure about how good Kickstarter is…

mbpopolano24

Watcher

March 8th, 2013, 21:34
Looks really good.
Only things I didn't like were corpses disappearing and lack of blood (only minor blood splashes shown).
I can foresee fans remaking the whole SNES original with the editor tool, which sounds pretty nice too =D

arthureloi

Visionary Vampire

March 8th, 2013, 21:36
I think some issues like that are to be expected, especially from the new teams. But next time they will be experienced teams, and hopefully with a bit of money under their belt as well and not beholden to a publisher. I think its an awesome development so far, though disspointments will happen.

Dead State promised a combat video is imminent, by the way.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

March 8th, 2013, 22:00
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
Looks really really great. God, Kickstarter has brought me so much joy, and so far none of the games have even been released yet…
3 kickstarter games have been released so far that I know of(I am counting only post Schafer era games)

FTL game I didn't back nor I was excited about it, but for me it turned out to be one of best games of 2012.

Giana sisters it got little attention but it's outstanding and very hard platformer with gorgeous graphic(Trine 2 quality graphic).

chivalry medieval warfare game that I really don't care about but according to reviews and sales it's quality game

But yeah big ones haven't come yet,personally I am most excited about Project eternity,Torment and Dreamfall chapters(I am very hyped about other projects I backed too just little less).

Nameless one

Wizzard

March 8th, 2013, 22:10
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
3 kickstarter games have been released so far that I know of(I am counting only post Schafer era games)
I'm sure there's been plenty more, just not in the spotlight. For example, an expansion for Defense Grid called Containment got released this past December.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 8th, 2013, 22:14
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I'm sure there's been plenty more, just not in the spotlight. For example, an expansion for Defense Grid called Containment got released this past December.
I somehow forgot to mention it even tho I bought it and have it currently installed(haven't started playing yet).

Nameless one

Wizzard

March 8th, 2013, 23:44
Originally Posted by mbpopolano24 View Post
The Banner Saga with the Factions debacle,
Not sure what that "debacle" with Factions would be, but maybe I'm not paying enough attention to the multiplayer side of things. The SP is where it's at for me, naturally, but hopefully people aren't complaining about the mere existence of the competitive game mode because that much has been clear for ages.

Demiath

Watcher

March 9th, 2013, 01:54
There's a new update out that's allowing backers to email a poor sod at Harebrained Schemes to manually update your backer pledge & reward tier if you so desire. It would seem that all this positive feedback has been well-received.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 9th, 2013, 01:54
I'm really digging the world art style in this one.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

March 9th, 2013, 03:03
Looks great. The gameplay sounded deep, and the combat was all I could hope for. Only complaint is it looked like the camera might not rotate. Even 90-degree jumps would be welcome, but it's really not a big deal when everyhting else looks so good.

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

March 9th, 2013, 04:59
Yep, very nice. I wish they'd gone for hex movement, but it all looks well implemented. Some of the visual effects seemed a little weak (like the burning basilisk), but perhaps that will improve by the final release.
Last edited by rjshae; March 9th, 2013 at 19:36.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

March 9th, 2013, 12:47
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post

FTL game I didn't back nor I was excited about it, but for me it turned out to be one of best games of 2012.

Giana sisters it got little attention but it's outstanding and very hard platformer with gorgeous graphic(Trine 2 quality graphic).

chivalry medieval warfare game that I really don't care about but according to reviews and sales it's quality game

But yeah big ones haven't come yet,personally I am most excited about Project eternity,Torment and Dreamfall chapters(I am very hyped about other projects I backed too just little less).
My bad, I meant of course none have been released of the games that I backed. I did have some fun with FTL though, but of the ones I backed EC is closest to release, and the current beta very playable (I've ancountered no bugs). Regarding the Banner Saga I've read the rage, but never saw the problem. I still have high hopes for the SP game. Exceeding my expectations so far are WL2 and Shadowrun, PE is too far off to be really sure, we'll see when the first gameplay videos are released.

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadowrun Returns - First Look