|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - iPad Version Reviewed @ RPGFan

Default Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - iPad Version Reviewed @ RPGFan

March 29th, 2013, 21:27
RPGFan has reviewed the iPad version of this game. They gave it a 69% and are not pleased. They ask the question if the game has been enhanced or improved:
I don't feel that it is. Sure, the game is still fun to me. But it is also frustrating. Nostalgia pulls me through the frustration of trying to find the exact pixel to touch to get through an open door. Knowing that the next plot twist coming up means I better save before dialogue starts doesn't change the fact that trying to actually select dialogue options is extremely difficult due to the size of the targets. Trying to operate combat without a space bar in this game is at times brutal. Why couldn't there have been some kind of swipe that paused to simulate that same feeling of control? And even with the ability to zoom in and out, battlefield control is a headache compared to the PC.
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

March 29th, 2013, 21:27
I can never get the corner of my finger to tap the close button on the iPad mini's browser, at least not on the first four tries. It's a contraption obviously designed for teeny tiny people.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

March 29th, 2013, 21:34
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I can never get the corner of my finger to tap close button on the iPad mini's browser, at least not on the first four tries. It's a contraption obviously designed for teeny tiny people.
Halflings?

Pibbur

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13

March 29th, 2013, 22:07
On the few times I have played around on my daughter's iPad, I have found that using a stylus allows more precision than your finger, though still not as pinpoint accurate as a mouse.

Xian

Sentinel

March 30th, 2013, 11:38
If we can have point-and-click adventures with pixel hunts on the iPhone that work very well, I don't see why we cannot have something that works on this game as well.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

March 30th, 2013, 13:46
For what it's worth - I tried it on an iPad and found it reasonably well implemented - considering the touch-based interface.

Obviously, a PC is a million times more comfortable when doing battle and handling UI stuff - but for a cash-grab, I think it's one of the better ones.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition - iPad Version Reviewed @ RPGFan