|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way

Default BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way

March 29th, 2013, 21:01
According to Kotaku, Bioware is developing a totally new universe as well as a new ME 3 game:
For the new game, Casey Hudson, said this:
"We are developing a whole new fictional universe at BioWare for myself and Preston [and other main Mass Effect trilogy creators.] That's kind of our next thing," Husdon said. "We're focusing on building something new the way we did at the very beginning on Mass Effect.
For the new ME 3 game, Casey Hudson said this:
We want to be able to give fans an opportunity to get back into the world with these things you've come to know and love about the Mass Effect experience but start something fresh and new-a new way for you to explore the whole universe in Mass Effect."
More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

March 29th, 2013, 21:01
facebook klicker incoming

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

March 29th, 2013, 21:04
"New" ME game:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti…tronic-Artists

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 29th, 2013, 21:27
Good one joxer. They can do whatever they want just don't do prequels.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; March 29th, 2013 at 23:23.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 29th, 2013, 22:45
I don't care whether it's a sequel or a prequel. I'm just hoping they put more of an emphasis on exploration and less on combat this time. If anything, at least make it more like ME1 was.

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 29th, 2013, 23:23
Seems it would be hard to do a sequel and allow for all the possible endings. I guess one could be picked as "canon".

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 30th, 2013, 01:07
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I don't care whether it's a sequel or a prequel. I'm just hoping they put more of an emphasis on exploration and less on combat this time. If anything, at least make it more like ME1 was.
Agreed. The exploration in ME1 needed tweaks to make it good, not be thrown out entirely. A better procedural generation engine, and a jet pack, and the planetside optional missions would have been far better.

jwmeep

Watchdog

March 30th, 2013, 06:34
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Seems it would be hard to do a sequel and allow for all the possible endings. I guess one could be picked as "canon".
Hasn't stopped them before. There cannon is always different from what the player picks anyway.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 30th, 2013, 08:45
If the can deliver on the sense of wonder and exploration that ME1 gave in its best moments it could be great.
I want to stand on an alien planet and look up at the stars.

Combat.
Why does it always have to be so much combat?

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

March 30th, 2013, 10:12
While I don't think it's wise to completely write off a once-great developer, Bioware is sure doing what they can to tempt me.

So, I'm having a really hard time being interested in this.

Still, I love the original Mass Effect - and if they could find some intern or something that might still have vision and passion, and put him in charge, it could be a potentially cool game. Well, as cool a game as it can be under EA.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 30th, 2013, 11:12
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Its just three endings, and not that much different from each other (from a global view). Much less work than integrating choices from ME1 and ME2 into ME3.

Practically, they can resolve this with a one liner. They are creative like that.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

March 30th, 2013, 11:14
What "new ME3 game"? Did you mean the new Mass Effect Game?

podon

Traveler

March 30th, 2013, 12:47
I am wondering the same.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

March 30th, 2013, 13:19
I've been thinking: The new ME game doesn't even have to be an RPG or shooter. It could be something else entirely, like a strategy game. The various factions in the ME universe could make a pretty good three-way-Blizzard-like strategy game with hero units and what not, similar to Warcraft 3 or Starcraft 2.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 30th, 2013, 13:43
I don't mean to down shoot ideas - and I'm sure there are people out there who think another RTS is what we need.

But I'd rather have another ME2 or ME3 than a Starcraft clone set in the ME universe. That's about the least compelling way to deal with the best aspects of that setting - which would be the atmosphere, immersion, and the lore.

Personally, I'd love to see a proper Shock iteration done in this universe - but Bioware wouldn't be able to pull that off. They can barely make a by-the-numbers shooter as it is.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 30th, 2013, 20:13
Originally Posted by Cacheperl View Post
Its just three endings, and not that much different from each other (from a global view). Much less work than integrating choices from ME1 and ME2 into ME3.

Practically, they can resolve this with a one liner. They are creative like that.
I have to strongly disagree with you. Don't want to add any spoilers.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 30th, 2013, 21:50
Originally Posted by Thrasher
Originally Posted by Cacheperl

I have to strongly disagree with you. Don't want to add any spoilers.
I believe the one liner which would do the trick is "Shepard awoke from his terrible dream".

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

March 30th, 2013, 23:22
That's what I really loved about ME1, reading up some facts about a planet, landing, exploring, then discover some beacon left by an ancient race etc. I wished for them to expand on that in the next games, but I guess people nowadays would rather shoot things. Sense of discovery/wonder, reading tablets? Fuck that shit. Right? Right. Now let's blow up some aliens.

By the way, it's everywhere, sacrificing various fundamental elements in the name of fast paced action that is. Random series that popped to mind: Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Dead Space. And now CEO's come out brazenly admitting that it's being done for money grabbing reasons, then promises are being made that things will go back to how they were before. I'll believe it when I see it.

Cerberus

Daughter of Janus

April 1st, 2013, 11:57
The only reason it would go back is if they figure out how to make more money by not having people shoot everything.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

April 1st, 2013, 18:58
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
I believe the one liner which would do the trick is "Shepard awoke from his terrible dream".
and Toto too.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way