|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way

Default BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way

April 2nd, 2013, 10:35
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I don't mean to down shoot ideas - and I'm sure there are people out there who think another RTS is what we need.

But I'd rather have another ME2 or ME3 than a Starcraft clone set in the ME universe. That's about the least compelling way to deal with the best aspects of that setting - which would be the atmosphere, immersion, and the lore.

Personally, I'd love to see a proper Shock iteration done in this universe - but Bioware wouldn't be able to pull that off. They can barely make a by-the-numbers shooter as it is.
I wasn't referring to what I would prefer, as that would be a game similar to ME1 but with tweaked combat and exploration. Rather, I was pointing out that the future of ME isn't necessarily shooter games as most people expect - the universe also has potential as strategy games and similar.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 2nd, 2013, 11:20
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I wasn't referring to what I would prefer, as that would be a game similar to ME1 but with tweaked combat and exploration. Rather, I was pointing out that the future of ME isn't necessarily shooter games as most people expect - the universe also has potential as strategy games and similar.
Fair enough.

You're right of course. It's a popular multi-million dollar franchise - so I think it's a given that EA will squeeze everything it can out of it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Facebook crap like Citadel-ville and what not

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - A New Universe, ME's Universe to be Expanded in a New Way