|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Spread Too Thin

Default Original Sin - Spread Too Thin

April 11th, 2013, 23:36
Swen Vincke writes a short blog update on the Kickstarter status of Original Sin.
Theres four of us @Larian who are busy with managing the KS campaign, and thats really not enough. Because we try to isolate the rest of the team as much as we can from all the extra work so that they can focus on development, we cant really muster more resources & so we find ourselves sleeping very little and spending a lot of time typing. Obviously, we get a lot of energy from all the positive feedback & I have to say the friends & family support has also been amazing, but its still pretty tough. To give you an idea, here are the channels were monitoring/managing/posting on:
In addition were doing plenty of interviews & presentations (David & Farhang for instance did 12 presentations in Berlin yesterday) & were still prepping more. And obviously we also have the stress of trying to do one update per day on Kickstarter because we noticed it really does have a big impact on the campaigns counter.
Im not complaining though imho we funded really fast, considering the circumstances & Im curious to see what the end-game is going to look like.
But yes, it is more work than I expected. Im not the first one to say it, Im not the last one to say it, but I did want to add my 89kg to those who are saying prepare well if you want to do a KS campaign. Its tough to add/change course once youre rolling.
And there is an image with the referrers like usual and this time our benevolent friends of RPGCodex have surpassed us in the amount of money pledged. So here are some virtual beers for all them (well… those who pledged) <insert image of beer>

More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 11th, 2013, 23:36
Probably 'To' should be 'Too', unless this is really about peanut butter.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

April 11th, 2013, 23:51
It certainly should
Thanks!

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 12th, 2013, 00:03
Easily fixed….. eliminate Facebook and twitter junk. I think I was on the facebook thing for like 10 mins maybe 5 yrs ago, and the only twittesr I know are birds. I have barely enough time in a day to monitor 2-4 websites a day + email.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 12th, 2013, 01:44
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
eliminate Facebook and twitter junk
My thoughts exactly.
I'd really be surprised if someone clicks on those links.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

April 12th, 2013, 01:46
Likewise, I have NOTHING to do with either of them!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

April 12th, 2013, 01:57
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
Easily fixed.. eliminate Facebook and twitter junk. I think I was on the facebook thing for like 10 mins maybe 5 yrs ago, and the only twittesr I know are birds. I have barely enough time in a day to monitor 2-4 websites a day + email.
I would be interested to learn about how the balance of traffic for Larian works between Facebook, Twitter and various other sites such as their own forums.

Because in general Facebook gets more traffic on mobile phones alone in one month than every web gaming forum and site combined would manage in a year … perhaps in 10 years. But that doesn't make it so for Larian or other hardcore-centric games.

In fact, despite using Facebook and Twitter regularly, that is NOT how I deal with any of my gaming stuff. Just doesn't make sense to me.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 12th, 2013, 04:15
And there is an image with the referrers like usual and this time our benevolent friends of RPGCodex have surpassed us in the amount of money pledged.
Yeah but..but..but… we give more per person!! That's the IMPORTANT stat, I'm sure!! In your FACEBOOK, Codex!!

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

April 12th, 2013, 18:22
How do they keep track where you are from? Do I have to click a link from RPGWatch? if so what is it please?

Thanks

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

April 12th, 2013, 19:24
Codexers are NOT our friends. Their recent top list of RPG and the thread here proves that they're conservative and stuck in the past, of a completely different mindset compared to the Watch.

The Walkin' Dude

Watcher of the Keep

April 12th, 2013, 19:35
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
How do they keep track where you are from? Do I have to click a link from RPGWatch? if so what is it please?

Thanks
No, just visit there from RPGWatch. A bit oversimplified, websites track from where you are coming - unless you disable it. That's called a "referrer". Kickstarter aggregates this data and makes it available to campaign owners.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

April 12th, 2013, 21:02
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I would be interested to learn about how the balance of traffic for Larian works between Facebook, Twitter and various other sites such as their own forums.

Because in general Facebook gets more traffic on mobile phones alone in one month than every web gaming forum and site combined would manage in a year perhaps in 10 years. But that doesn't make it so for Larian or other hardcore-centric games.

In fact, despite using Facebook and Twitter regularly, that is NOT how I deal with any of my gaming stuff. Just doesn't make sense to me.
It would indeed be interesting to see. While Facebook may not be where people go to look up RPGs, it does have absurd amounts of traffic, which means you could reach a lot of future customers. There's no doubt it has massive marketing potential.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Spread Too Thin