|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Fertilizer plant explosion kills people in Texas

Default Fertilizer plant explosion kills people in Texas

April 18th, 2013, 08:17
A massive explosion has rocked a fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas. Dozens are feared dead and at least were 100 injured in the disaster. Rescuers have to deal with toxic fumes contaminating the neighborhood.

Full article here:
http://rt.com/usa/texas-fertilizer-plant-explosion-036/

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2013, 13:05
http://youtu.be/ROrpKx3aIjA
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? Now you know how drone victims feel, amerifats.

Digger Nick

امير

April 18th, 2013, 14:39
Enjoy your trolling. I hope you are at least because you certainly aren't accomplishing anything with your mindless ranting.

CrazyIrish

Keeper of the Watch

April 18th, 2013, 14:50
Originally Posted by Digger Nick View Post
http://youtu.be/ROrpKx3aIjA
Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? Now you know how drone victims feel, amerifats.
We only kill those people because they deserve it.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

April 18th, 2013, 15:08
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
We only kill those people because they deserve it.
I'm sure all the civilian murders you've committed have been justified. I mean they're just brown people, nobody likes them, right?
Originally Posted by Western media reporter
With no information about the attackers yet made public, Mr Rush appeared to imply in a tweet that the culprit was from Saudi Arabia.

“@erikrush Everybody do the National Security Ankle Grab! Let's bring more Saudis in without screening them! C'mon! #bostonmarathon.”

Then when he was asked by another Twitter user whether he was blaming Muslims for the attack, Mr Rush responded: “Yes, they’re evil. Let’s kill them all.”
This is the true rotten face of America.

.:\\\"I saw Islam as the correct way to live, and I chose to try to live that way."///:.

Digger Nick

امير

April 18th, 2013, 15:20
Originally Posted by Digger Nick View Post
I'm sure all the civilian murders you've committed have been justified. I mean they're just brown people, nobody likes them, right?
You're either with us or against us. Don't support terrorists, you won't have to worry about getting droned.

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

April 18th, 2013, 15:28
Its a war, people die in wars. Don't hang around people who want to kill us and you won't be killed when we take them out.

Toff

Sentinel

April 18th, 2013, 15:58
To be translated as:
"if we happen to kill you, it means you hang with people who want to kill us"

One hundred per cent self fulfilling prediction.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2013, 16:07
I'm fine with that translation.

I spent a few years in the military (Air Force) and spent some time in the Middle East. I can tell you with certainty that we put forth a great amount of effort to not kill anyone who is not a terrorist. Easily much more effort than the terrorists do who regularly kill innocent people even in their own countries.

Toff

Sentinel

April 18th, 2013, 16:08
So, we've taken an industrial accident and turned it into an anti-American rant? Wow, pretty sure I am a better troll than our new friend. I think I'm with Coaster—decline of the Codex.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

April 18th, 2013, 16:36
Bored trolls will be trolls. If you're that desperate for attention, seek a better outlet than a gaming site.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

April 18th, 2013, 16:42
Oh Politics and Religion, shall I compare thee to a fest'ring sore?

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

April 18th, 2013, 16:59
Tragic accident for sure but I's surprised that fertilizer plant was allowed to operate so close to the residential area.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2013, 17:33
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Tragic accident for sure but I's surprised that fertilizer plant was allowed to operate so close to the residential area.
I'd be willing to bet the plant was there first. Take a look at the satellite photo at the bottom of the OP's link. The majority of the town is to the southwest (upwind). The plant would have been erected on the outskirts of town as it originally sat. Much of the land nearest the plant is then snapped up by low density public owners that tend to gravitate to the cheap, large, open areas of land that "donut" industrial sites—hospital, schools. That, in turn, pulls residential building in that direction and you end up with the suburb (too small to merit that term, but you get the idea) north of the hospital, which is still largely upwind of the plant. The last growth would probably be the "fill in" residential between the hospital and triage area.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

April 18th, 2013, 18:12
Originally Posted by Toff View Post
I'm fine with that translation.

I spent a few years in the military (Air Force) and spent some time in the Middle East. I can tell you with certainty that we put forth a great amount of effort to not kill anyone who is not a terrorist. Easily much more effort than the terrorists do who regularly kill innocent people even in their own countries.
Terrorists run on much less means.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2013, 18:20
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
So, we've taken an industrial accident and turned it into an anti-American rant?
What's the criterion to declare an anti-american rant?

So far, one poster wrote against Americans. Two others wrote in favour of Americans.

If there is ranting, it is done favourably to Americans.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2013, 19:00
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I'd be willing to bet the plant was there first. Take a look at the satellite photo at the bottom of the OP's link. The majority of the town is to the southwest (upwind). The plant would have been erected on the outskirts of town as it originally sat. Much of the land nearest the plant is then snapped up by low density public owners that tend to gravitate to the cheap, large, open areas of land that "donut" industrial sites—hospital, schools. That, in turn, pulls residential building in that direction and you end up with the suburb (too small to merit that term, but you get the idea) north of the hospital, which is still largely upwind of the plant. The last growth would probably be the "fill in" residential between the hospital and triage area.
Its hard to say. I know West as its smack dab between Dallas and Austin. I used to stop there coming home from school (The Kolaches at the 'Czech Stop' are fantastic). The town itself has had little to no growth in decades. It's too far from both Dallas and Waco to have had spill over growth from either (yet). More likely, IMO, the factory was originally built when regulations were far more lenient than they are now.

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

April 18th, 2013, 19:01
Originally Posted by ChienAboyeur View Post
Terrorists run on much less means.
True, but they could still plant their bombs at a legitimate mililary target easy enough rather than intentionally targeting civilians. They're cowards.

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

April 18th, 2013, 19:08
Not funny at all, but amazing how fast attention shifts … my brother-in-law works at ExxonMobil in Beaumont, and they had a bad accident with more than a dozen people injured, some burned badly. That was big news until last night when it disappeared - for all but the impacted families and community.

It is really sad when these events happen.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2013, 19:16
Man, I hadn't heard about that, and I generally keep up with the news in Texas.

————————————————-

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics & Religion » Fertilizer plant explosion kills people in Texas