|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition Will Feature 350,000 More Words

Default Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition Will Feature 350,000 More Words

April 20th, 2013, 10:45
Dualshockers has a small news article that talks about Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition.
Did you Like Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition? I did. If you agree you probably already know that Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition is currently being worked on at Overhaul Games.

What you possibly didn’t yet know is the sheer size of the additional content that the remake will bring. Producer and Writer Phillip Daigle revealed on his personal Twitter account that the team wrote 350,000 words for of new content, and they’re going to try to get some of those many lines voiced.

That giant wall of text (and hopefully voice) adds to the 1.2 million words of the original, ensuring that even those that already played the game a metric ton of times like I did, will definitely have quite a lot to discover with the remake.
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2013, 10:45
What the 350,000 words will be :
''Bug fix #1''
''Bug Fix # 2''

I had to make this one but jokes aside,the developers seem to have been working really hard on BG: EE supporting their game.

Japol

Watcher

April 20th, 2013, 10:50
Originally Posted by Japol View Post
What the 350,000 words will be :
''Bug fix #1''
''Bug Fix # 2''

I had to make this one but jokes aside,the developers seem to have been working really hard on BG: EE supporting their game.
Well the original games untouched were full of bugs still, but by adding more content you just create more.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2013, 11:10
One of the good things about BG2 was the quality of the writing. Just hope they manage to retain that in their 350,000 additional words of dialogue.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 15:28
I was very disappointed in BG1 enhanced edition. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Probably pass on this.

max killen

Watcher

April 20th, 2013, 15:47
And now, we are counting words in video games, as an argument to prove its quality. OMG !!!

Risine

Watcher

April 20th, 2013, 16:33
If the writing is on the "quality" level of the first Enhanced Edition, I'm not sure I want any of those 350,000.

sea

Watcher

April 20th, 2013, 20:02
Yoikes! A typical fiction novel is ~100,000 words long; that's a whole lot of reading.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 21:00
I thought BG: EE was great aside from being a bit buggy upon release. The devs have proven they're dedicated to supporting these games though. I'm looking forward to BG2.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 20th, 2013, 21:04
A typical fantasy fiction novel is more like 240 000 words, though.

Badesumofu

Sentinel

April 21st, 2013, 00:10
I'm all for unlocking content that was completed before the original release but not put into the final game— assuming said content has been fixed, of course. But adding brand new content exclusive to the EE is not something I am in favor of.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

April 21st, 2013, 02:15
I enjoyed BG:EE (and while it wasn't spectacular, I enjoyed the new added content I saw). I'm sure I'll be picking this one up. BG2 remains one of my all-time favorites.

RampantCoyote

SasqWatch

April 21st, 2013, 03:10
of course I'll buy it, because it's Baldur's Gate! The only thing I would really like to see is better avatar graphics. What use is zoom if all you see are blocks? I get that they lost the 2D art, but please remake the avatars!

spiraling69

Sentinel

April 21st, 2013, 04:07
I really enjoyed their version of BG 1, and I'll be getting the BG 2 version as soon as they make it available. Heck, I'm planning to replay BG maybe next month.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 21st, 2013, 05:43
When the hell are they going to update the ipad version of the original? It still has many problems like slowdown during aoe spells and they havent addresss this while working on the sexond already? Makes no sense for your mobile fans. Plus, it hasnt even been minor updated in like a month. I blame this on the pcrpg community including RPGFan hating apple.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

April 21st, 2013, 06:15
Originally Posted by AppleIntimidation View Post
I blame this on the pcrpg community including RPGFan hating apple.
RPGFan is a more heavily console centric site and considering their traditional RPG of the year award went to a console-only JRPG the last years in a row, I don't think they at all represent the CRPG crowd as much as a JRPG crowd that also plays a few WRPGs but mostly on consoles. Their editors might view the iPad as some crazy contraption trying to be a nintendo DS but without the buttons. Or maybe by using yourself as the measure their dispassionate disinterest in Apple and Apple products merely seems like hate by comparison.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

April 21st, 2013, 06:31
Even without the slowdowns on the iPad, it's not really playable for me the touch controls are too tedious.

Trying to click on items, position my guys, etc just seems more like work than fun. Too used to the mouse I guess.

sakichop

SasqWatch

April 21st, 2013, 07:41
If they updated it, they could make it work and a huge success with a new audience. Why do they have to be so lazy? The touchscreen is just fine for this type of game as long as its at least as latge as the iPad Mini's.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition Will Feature 350,000 More Words