|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

Default Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch

April 20th, 2013, 09:55
No, there really isn't. I'm not sure I prefer an outright tantrum, though…

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

April 20th, 2013, 09:58
Jasede:

Many old Watchers are from the Non-Flamers-Guild of RPGDOT.COM
We hate flame wars, bad language and trolling.
We like banter, black humor, japs and jests.

I have to fight, outsmart, outdo rivals, blackmail and spend hours in political strategic discussions in my job all year long - I have absolutely no intention to do something remotely like this in my spare time.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 10:28
Misunderstandings as to tone arise in posts, where you can't see other's gestures … of course there are *some* trolls too - it's the internet. Be good to maintain a friendly relationship between the sites as I'm sure there are reasonable people on both and after all we do all share much the same interest.

A little friendly rivalry can be fun and I don't see that anyone on the Codex has really done anything with malicious intent on this thread. Personally, I found the picture amusing, which I think was it's intent.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 10:47
It is rather simple I would think. If people on RPGWatch want to turn this into a fight or war, they can. There are no rules against it.
It will not be on the front page nor on the donation page.

As far as the end result in the game is concerned, if we both reach $2500 Larian will make up a story in which it makes sense that a red troll and a tower fight with each other. I'm not sure how that is going to happen, but whatever. The player gets to choose a side or select to not fight at all. So everybody can determine for themselves what the outcome of the fight will be. Forktong mentioned there might be consequences to your choice involved as well.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2013, 10:49
Friendly rivalry is fine, after all, we do maintain a thread just for codexians when their forum has problems. However, there is never a place for nasty, or degrading comments , at least on this site. We both support Larian and most of us here have already pledged large amounts to their campaign. Let's try to work together to support and encourage the types of games we all enjoy playing!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

April 20th, 2013, 10:55
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
As far as the end result in the game is concerned, if we both reach $2500 Larian will make up a story in which it makes sense that a red troll and a tower fight with each other. I'm not sure how that is going to happen, but whatever. The player gets to choose a side or select to not fight at all. So everybody can determine for themselves what the outcome of the fight will be. Forktong mentioned there might be consequences to your choice involved as well.
Choices with consequences - great! - It's Larians game, let's give them some input and they should decide how this input fits best into the game.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 11:12
Y'all such a bunch of do-gooders. Visiting RPG Watch for someone from Codexia feels like briefly joining a D&D party led by an LG paladin of Torm when we're open CE Cyricists.

Jasede

Watcher

April 20th, 2013, 11:17
And despite feeling all that you still cannot resist visiting us? Somewhere deep down you must like us. Let's have a group hug.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2013, 11:20
Jasede said:
Y'all such a bunch of do-gooders. Visiting RPG Watch for someone from Codexia feels like briefly joining a D&D party led by an LG paladin of Torm when we're open CE Cyricists.
In fact I like to play chaotic good:
A chaotic good character acts as his conscience directs him with little regard for what others expect of him. He makes his own way, but he's kind and benevolent. He believes in goodness and right but has little use for laws and regulations. He hates it when people try to intimidate others and tell them what to do. He follows his own moral compass, which, although good, may not agree with that of society.

Chaotic good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit.

Chaotic good can be a dangerous alignment when it disrupts the order of society and punishes those who do well for themselves.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 13:32
Well, the cool thing is that it really looks like we might make it to 2500 - already past $2k now!

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

April 20th, 2013, 13:43
I like to play neutral good or even lawful good. I have a soft spot for Paladins.

@HiddenX
Hah, I remember NFG. Good times!

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

April 20th, 2013, 14:51
the tower must burn.

Zed

SasqWatch

April 20th, 2013, 14:53

Was time anyway that I learned to use Gimp…

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

April 20th, 2013, 15:07
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post

Was time anyway that I learned to use Gimpů
Did you draw that? It's pretty good. My attempts on gimp look more like what a monkey might do if given a few cans of paint or maybe a Jackson Pollack (but cheaper).

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 15:07
Wir sind Elben - Nur ein Ork

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 15:13
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Did you draw that? It's pretty good. My attempts on gimp look more like what a monkey might do if given a few cans of paint or maybe a Jackson Pollack (but cheaper).
Nah, just put it together in Gimp. The picture with the tower I stole on the web

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

April 20th, 2013, 15:15
I salute you, Ghan, for being the only one to suggest our troll be put in a cage and starved to death in this place of vaguely Victorian sensibilities.

Marquess Cornwallis

Traveler

April 20th, 2013, 16:05
My german speaking friends will get the context…

Knorkator - Arschgesicht

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 20th, 2013, 16:18
Some big spenders in the last 24 hours, as a result we are 255 dollars away from getting our statue and tower.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2013, 16:22
2500$ now - I fixed it

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin Statue for RPGWatch