|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

April 19th, 2013, 16:41
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I pre-ordered [Dragon Commander] on GOG, because I'm at an higher tier on the kickstarter.
You can get it through the Original Sin kickstarter too as an addon for $40, or for any digital tier at $95+ (or physical tier $150+ if I'm not mistaken) … and help push the kickstarter forward in the process.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

April 19th, 2013, 23:00
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Gamersgate got a few RPG deals.
D&D anthology for ~$7US (BG1&2 + expac, IWD1&2 + expac, Torment and ToEE).

NWN Complete for ~$10US (NWN 1 & 2 + all expac)

They also have the individual games on sales.
Just a warning about the GamersGate version of NWN Complete - It doesn't work on 64 bit OS. Also, you can't download any of the titles individually, you have to download the entire bundle at once.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 20th, 2013, 12:15
There is Telltale sale on GoG including Tales of monkey island, Sam and Max all 3 seasons,Wallace and Gromit's adventures and back to the future.

Nameless one

Wizzard

April 20th, 2013, 17:12
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
There is Telltale sale on GoG including Tales of monkey island, Sam and Max all 3 seasons,Wallace and Gromit's adventures and back to the future.

Been waiting for S.3 of Sam & Max
thanx for the heads up

Dajjer

Keeper of the Watch

April 20th, 2013, 18:15
I have them all through TellTale, but that is an amazing deal!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 20th, 2013, 21:14
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I have them all through TellTale, but that is an amazing deal!
I didn't have Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the future.Are they same quality as rest of Telltale games?

Nameless one

Wizzard

April 20th, 2013, 21:50
I didn't have Wallace and Gromit, and Back to the future.Are they same quality as rest of Telltale games?
In a word … no. Sam & Max are excellent, as are the Tales of Monkey Island games. Wallace & Gromit was OK, and I don't think I finished all the way through BttF because it started average and never got better.

After an amazing start reinvigorating the adventure genre TellTale was wallowing in mediocre-land until Walking Dead.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 21st, 2013, 03:13
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
In a word … no. Sam & Max are excellent, as are the Tales of Monkey Island games. Wallace & Gromit was OK, and I don't think I finished all the way through BttF because it started average and never got better.

After an amazing start reinvigorating the adventure genre TellTale was wallowing in mediocre-land until Walking Dead.
Walking Dead is by the way is their best game to date, and one of the best adventure games on this side of Grim Fandango (heck, it probably is if you include the games on the other side as well). Hopefully Telltale will make more games along the line of The Walking Dead in the future, using the same general ideas, but possibly other IPs.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

April 21st, 2013, 13:29
They imho should have put that power they put into Walking Dead into their earlier games, imho.
Such a wasted potential !

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 21st, 2013, 20:22
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
They imho should have put that power they put into Walking Dead into their earlier games, imho.
Such a wasted potential !
Well, I think that the Sam & Max games in particular (and also Monkey Island) were amazing, better than any other adventure games since the 'golden age' of the genre in the 90s.

It was after those games that they stumbled, but at the same time they learned how to push the engine and the narrative style that allowed them to land at Walking Dead … so in many ways it was an evolution that HAD to include those other games, which were decent enough, just not great.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 22nd, 2013, 20:45
GoG's got Gothic 1-3 on sale. They've never done it for me, but they might for you.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

April 23rd, 2013, 00:30
Risen 2 for $10.18 on GamersGate until Thursday.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-R2DW/risen-2-dark-waters

Or get it with all DLC for $15.30 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-R2DWC/…lection-bundle

Quite a few more crpgs also on sale right now.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 24th, 2013, 00:18
Seems to be decent prices,

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dragonborn DLC - £7
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Dawnguard DLC -£7
Skyrim - £14

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/download-ga…3#.UXb5ULXIU84

Anyone seen the DLCs for cheaper than those prices?

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

April 24th, 2013, 00:39
For 25$ you can get a digital copy of Divine Divinity OS and more -> here!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

April 24th, 2013, 00:54
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate with DLC and Awakenings is 75% off on Steam. Ridiculous price really. I had it on. Xbox without the extras, probably worth getting it on PC? I never finished it…

Thaurin

SasqWatch

April 24th, 2013, 02:09
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate with DLC and Awakenings is 75% off on Steam. Ridiculous price really. I had it on. Xbox without the extras, probably worth getting it on PC? I never finished it…
DA:O is one of the few games where they made proper changes to the PC version, reflecting its unique strengths. It plays a bit more like the old Infinity Engine games, allowing you to zoom out further, to allow a better tactical overview, and it also have friendly fire from AoE spells on by default on Normal.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

April 24th, 2013, 06:56
It's also quite mod'able. I would highly recommend a mod that lets you specify the skills of characters that get added to your party. It's rather tedious for some of the short-time companions but it lets you avoid the problem of having a companion you really like being left out of the party simply because s/he happens to have the same skills that your own character is developing.

P.S. DA:Origins and Awakening are also being sold for cheap if you just want one or the other.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

April 24th, 2013, 10:10
Interesting. And the Origins do make starting a new game more fun. I had a lot of fun with it on the Xbox. I just have the attention span of a goldfish.

Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
P.S. DA:Origins and Awakening are also being sold for cheap if you just want one or the other.
I did look for just Dragon Age: Origins on Steam just to see how that would be priced, but it just seems to be the same price as the Ultimate version.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

April 27th, 2013, 15:51
Two Worlds II: Epic Edition is now available on GOG. It's 50% off for the first week, so that gives you TWII and Pirates of the Flying Fortress for only $10.

http://www.gog.com/news/release_two_…2_epic_edition

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 27th, 2013, 17:03
Nice price! Tempting… But… A question… If I may…
Noendlessmobrespawn mod included as an ingame option?

Meanwhile on Steam an endlessmobrespawn nonRPG Brutal Legend is also $10 (ot 10€ depends where you live):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260/

It's unbelievably fun, contains enormous amount of humor and the music is absolutely awsome! If you'll buy it, do not go for the version with the soundtrack - you'll get just a few scores from the game in mp3 format - while ingame there are more than 100 songs!

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!