|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » The rape culture that almost make me puke

Default The rape culture that almost make me puke

March 23rd, 2013, 12:15
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
But this isn't about learning "female psychology", but unlearn myths boys learn about gender differences.
I hear you but she's a women and often express opinions from a women point of view, that was what I meant mostly. Sorry for the shortcut and thanks for correcting me

Gloo

Sentinel

March 23rd, 2013, 12:16
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
What else are we supposed to do on a Friday night?
Go skating at Walmart ?

Gloo

Sentinel

March 23rd, 2013, 12:23
(Responding to comment #34 from JemyM) That left me speechless (almost) and even more to see how many girls seem to have adopted the male point of view (I suppose the form answers were anonymous). That's dismaying !

Gloo

Sentinel

March 24th, 2013, 01:12
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
You don't pee?

But its really no laughing matter. This needs to change, through education first and foremost.
that's what a penis is for, never know one could urinate while maintain an erection. This would-be ban will only limited to those large caliber, automatic ones, but all must be installed trigger safety locks to prevent accidents, a SS skewer though the balls will do, and inspected by authorized federal officers at the moment of notice with warrant. Remember, these measures are for sake of our daughters, sisters, mothers and grandmothers… Do you know how much pain, violent rapes are!! so just give up a little inconvenience is no too much to ask for, and what have you all got to hide.

"A strong president, means having the strength to resist the temptation of taking all that power isn't yours" - Ron Paul

"If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions",- Government

mudsling3

Sentinel

March 24th, 2013, 15:39
You are just rambling man. And you ramble off topic…

zahratustra

SasqWatch

March 24th, 2013, 20:15
Those are disturbing answers, but it is worth noting that that that survey was from 1978 and it may not be a good reflection of modern opinions and values. Additionally it's a bit unclear whether the survey used good scientific methodology, and even how seriously the people filling out the survey took it. There are always going to be some teenagers who will give the worst answer just for shock value.

Making it hard or costly for the victim to report the rape skew statistics, including cultural ideas that blame the victim rather than the rapist.

Have a look at the results from the following questionnaire, when 1/3 men and 1/5 women believe rape is legitimate under a wide range of conditions, rape is unlikely to be reported.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

March 24th, 2013, 20:44
Originally Posted by fadedc View Post
Those are disturbing answers, but it is worth noting that that that survey was from 1978 and it may not be a good reflection of modern opinions and values. Additionally it's a bit unclear whether the survey used good scientific methodology, and even how seriously the people filling out the survey took it. There are always going to be some teenagers who will give the worst answer just for shock value.
I list similar, more modern research from UK in #38 in this thread.
In large surveys probability theory weeds out outliers.
(an outlier is a participant answering different than expected, such as all-yes, all-no or all-extreme).

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 24th, 2013, 21:59
Yep the UK one is more recent, though also less extreme. Still a little disturbing, but nowhere nearly as much as the survey you linked.

Regarding large surveys and outliers, it's more complicated then that. If 20% of the respondents gave an extreme answer for shock value, then they would not be outliers, and a large survey would not weed that out. A large survery is not a catch all solution for methodological weaknesses in a study.

I list similar, more modern research from UK in #38 in this thread.
In large surveys probability theory weeds out outliers.
(an outlier is a participant answering different than expected, such as all-yes, all-no or all-extreme).
Last edited by fadedc; March 24th, 2013 at 22:16.

fadedc

Keeper of the Watch

March 24th, 2013, 22:14
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
You are just rambling man. And you ramble off topic…
Actually, it's a fairly solid parallel he's put together. If it seems like idiotic rambling, that might be a clue as to how your gun control plans sound.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

Default 5-Year-Old Indian Girl In Critical Condition After Alleged Rape, Days Of Torture

April 20th, 2013, 23:32
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0…n_3118340.html

Its seems that the cruelty has no limits

I hope they make that perpetrator suffer.

Dez

Watcher of The Keep

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » The rape culture that almost make me puke