|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shroud of the Avatar - Housing Developments and Upcoming Guild Features

Default Shroud of the Avatar - Housing Developments and Upcoming Guild Features

April 26th, 2013, 05:16
Shroud of the Avatar has a new video talking about housing developments and upcoming guild features.


More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Potato Land
Posts: 10,209

Default 

April 26th, 2013, 05:16
I'm kind of regretting the amount that I pledged. Every headline for this game is about housing and all things mmo. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling I've been suckered yet again with a bait and switch. The bait was 'hey guys were making a single player game in the spirit of the ultima single player games' and the switch is 'actually, this is UO2.' Sigh. Hope I'm wrong.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?
TheMadGamer is offline

TheMadGamer

TheMadGamer's Avatar
SasqWatch

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,009

Default 

April 26th, 2013, 06:49
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I'm kind of regretting the amount that I pledged. Every headline for this game is about housing and all things mmo. I'm starting to get that sinking feeling I've been suckered yet again with a bait and switch. The bait was 'hey guys were making a single player game in the spirit of the ultima single player games' and the switch is 'actually, this is UO2.' Sigh. Hope I'm wrong.
Honestly I am surprised you didn't realize that during the kickstart pitch, it smelled of MMO style game the entire time for me. I am the biggest Ultima fanboy from Ultima III-Ultima 7 but I didn't pledge for this MMO.
Saxon1974 is offline

Saxon1974

Saxon1974's Avatar
Sentinel

#3

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 320

Default 

April 26th, 2013, 07:57
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Honestly I am surprised you didn't realize that during the kickstart pitch, it smelled of MMO style game the entire time for me. I am the biggest Ultima fanboy from Ultima III-Ultima 7 but I didn't pledge for this MMO.
Well if you dig into the information that's out there, there is the insistence by LB that the game is being designed to include solo play. But still, every freakin headline for this game is about some mmo aspect of gameplay so I'm having my doubts despite the statements from LB that the game can be a single player experience.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?
TheMadGamer is offline

TheMadGamer

TheMadGamer's Avatar
SasqWatch

#4

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,009

Default 

April 26th, 2013, 10:29
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Well if you dig into the information that's out there, there is the insistence by LB that the game is being designed to include solo play.
Well, many MMO's nowadays include the option to grind away on your own .

I just felt the urge to say this because of the wording "solo play", as even that is an MMO term.
Turjan is offline

Turjan

Turjan's Avatar
Sentinel

#5

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austria
Posts: 530

Default 

April 26th, 2013, 15:14
Originally Posted by Turjan View Post
Well, many MMO's nowadays include the option to grind away on your own .
But if I just wanted to grind away on my own in an mmo I could just return to WoW or one of many other mmo's already on the market. What I mean by 'solo play' is that i'm looking for a single player experience in the spirit of U4-U7 which I'm thinking now is not likely what we are going to see with SotA - which looks more and more like a runaway mmo with each new headline…

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?
TheMadGamer is offline

TheMadGamer

TheMadGamer's Avatar
SasqWatch

#6

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,009
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shroud of the Avatar - Housing Developments and Upcoming Guild Features
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:41.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch