|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing - Lady Katarina Trailer

Default Van Helsing - Lady Katarina Trailer

April 27th, 2013, 06:17
NeocoreGames released a new trailer to introduce Lady Katarina.

Lady Katarina is a ghost with snappy wit that comes to the support of Van Helsing on his supernatural hunt to uncover the mystery of a new scientific scourge in the land of Borgovia. Katarina is of great aid to Van Helsing as she comes with her own abilities and behaviors to boost the hunter's hit points, mana, damage, and much more. Having her own skill tree, three different forms, magical tricks, and the capability to travel to the nearest town to buy and sell items, Katarina is essential for Van Helsing's adventure. Whether it is freezing enemies in place or summoning a brutal bolt of energy, her assistance is highly valued when it comes to ferocious battles in the wilderness.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

April 27th, 2013, 06:17
…and the capability to travel to the nearest town to buy and sell items

Because that's what RPG gamers really want…

Sometime soon I'm just going to start watching other people play games and not buy them anymore. That "Angry Joe" guy, for instance. It's more fun to watch him do all the button mashing than it is to do it myself. And it's not like his playthrough is any different from mine or anyone else's is it?

CraigCWB

Sentinel

April 27th, 2013, 08:54
Looks like they've taken Torchlight 2 and given it a bit of a makeover. I don't see anything yet that diverges from the well worn conventions of the genre; perhaps there are even more mobs and loot, as if there were not enough of those already in previous games. I wish someone would do something that would reset my burn out timer for this type of game.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

April 27th, 2013, 09:24
Is she a NPC? If so, I am interested.

Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
…and the capability to travel to the nearest town to buy and sell items

Because that's what RPG gamers really want…
RPGers want their RPG to be about combat, about stories, about character progression, about looting (which includes buy/sell acts), about tactics with optional use of tactics of course…

RPGers want their RPGS to be about everything but role playing.

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

April 27th, 2013, 09:59
It's not a game breaker but I really dislike idles for characters in this clip. You leave your PC for two seconds and he (and the ghost) start drunkenly swaying from side to side… I guess you will stop noticing it after a while but I find it distracting and unnecessary.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

April 27th, 2013, 12:48
Originally Posted by CraigCWB View Post
Sometime soon I'm just going to start watching other people play games and not buy them anymore. That "Angry Joe" guy, for instance. It's more fun to watch him do all the button mashing than it is to do it myself. And it's not like his playthrough is any different from mine or anyone else's is it?
I've been already doing that for FPSs, and they can be quite fun, if there's a good story (the latest CoD derivation was a surprise). It's like watching a movie.
The only thing is that it is tough to find high-res PC walk-through for some of the games, and the XBox versions' graphics looks quite outdated. And sometimes the commentary is terrible.
The only supposedly RPG I tried was FarCry 3, but I stopped it after an hour. There were just too many things I'd have done differently.

syllogz

Watcher

April 27th, 2013, 14:53
I like this idea, basically : Having a Ghost as a Companion …

I wish that games would do more with this idea …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing - Lady Katarina Trailer