|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Kickstarter Update #38, The Aftermath

Default Original Sin - Kickstarter Update #38, The Aftermath

May 3rd, 2013, 18:37
This post Kickstarter update for Divinity Original Sin brings us a video where David esplains how they are dealing with all the pledges and add-ons.

Both RPGWatch and RPGCodex are mentioned in the video as gathering over $10K in their respective fundraisers. We are both linked to as well, although they managed to interchange the links so the RPGWatch link now leads to the Codex and theirs link to us
In addition they also refer to this gamespot review.
What I enjoyed most about the combat, however, was that you can perform cleverer tactics than just pounding on goblins and guards with steel and magic until they fall over dead. Instead, you can use the environment to your advantage, and at no time was this put to better use than in the final battle of the demo. At first I faced a number of skeletal archers who plodded towards me, eager to put an arrow between my character's eyes. Fortunately, I was able to turn the ground under them to ice, causing them to slip and fall, and buying me extra time to chop them into submission. Ultimately, I faced a giant elemental called an infernal twin, but was fortunate enough for a wall to shield me from its fiery blasts. Elsewhere, I put an end to a foe by zapping the water he was standing in with a bolt of electricity. Barrels of oil, puddles of poison goo—these elements and more encourage you to find creative ways of dealing with your foes.
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 3rd, 2013, 18:37
It remains to be seen if D:OS will replace U7 as my all time favorite CRPG. But Swen has already replaced Richard Garriot as my, 'Willy Wonka' of computer role playing games.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

May 3rd, 2013, 18:51
Larian = great team

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

May 3rd, 2013, 19:28
God, I love these guys.

I was watching the livestream when Kiril's keyboard fell off its perch. It was startling and hilarious at the same time

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

May 3rd, 2013, 19:30
I want the editor that's all. I can't wait to create and play mods just like the nwn games.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 3rd, 2013, 19:42
I want them to finish Original Sin and Dragon Commander so they can start working on a sequel to Dragon Knight Saga. Not to mention that I also really want to play those games.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 4th, 2013, 16:08
Originally Posted by Dr. A View Post
God, I love these guys.

I was watching the livestream when Kiril's keyboard fell off its perch. It was startling and hilarious at the same time
Eheheh, very funny.
Not to mention the cake almost sliding to the floor… Good reflexes there, Swen.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

May 4th, 2013, 19:13
I watched it, too, but didn't log into the Chat.
I just wished the sound had been much better at the beginning of his "concert".
But David & Kirill singing together was priceless !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Original Sin - Kickstarter Update #38, The Aftermath