|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadow of the Eternals - Crowdfunding Campaign

Default Shadow of the Eternals - Crowdfunding Campaign

May 7th, 2013, 01:36
Precursor Games announces the launch of a crowdfunding campaign for Shadow of the Eternals. It's a episodic action/adventure game using CryENGINE. The Shadow of the Eternals website is home to the fundraising. The goal is to raise $1.5 million so they can release the first episode for PC and WiiU in Q3 of next year.

Precursor Games today unveils its debut project Shadow of the Eternals. Developed by the creators of the critically acclaimed Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem, Shadow of the Eternals is an episodic action/adventure game that is likely to gain the attention of gamers everywhere.

Featuring an ensemble cast, Shadow of the Eternals will span over 2500 years of human history. Players will question their own perception of reality as they progress through this mind-altering psychological horror. The Pilot Episode is slated for release Q3 2014 on the Nintendo Wii U and PC.

The emerging studio is taking crowdfunding to the next level by giving the community the ability to contribute content to the game. Precursor Games has also revealed a campaign video and rewards tier system to go with their 1.5 million dollar goal, including pre-orders and exclusive merchandise.

“Precursor Games intends to leave no stone unturned in order to create an unparalleled experience for gamers”, said Paul Caporicci, CEO of Precursor Games. “We have a talented team, incredible technology with CryENGINE and a new business model where we directly integrate the fan base into the development process, allowing for new possibilities and game direction. We are very excited to see where this new direction leads.”
More information.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 7th, 2013, 01:36
1.5m seems a touch unrealistic on KS. It's hard to know what kind of game they are making from their presentation, something fantasy oriented though.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

May 7th, 2013, 01:38
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
1.5m seems a touch unrealistic on KS. It's hard to know what kind of game they are making from their presentation, something fantasy oriented though.
It's a sequel to an old gamecube survival-horror game. The goal is to make 12 episodes so they will need the money. It's not fantasy at all either it's told through different time periods.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 7th, 2013 at 01:58. Reason: Fixed the genre. Thanks JDR13

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 7th, 2013, 01:41
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It's a sequel to an old gamecube rpg.
Eternal Darkness is actually a survival-horror game.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 7th, 2013, 02:33
From what I understand the game was pretty popular so they have a chance at making it to $1.5 million. I don't think this should be covered here since I don't think this will be an rpg but I could be wrong.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

May 7th, 2013, 06:51
I think the FAQ said it's an action RPG.

I understand this was on the Gamecube but making a game for Wii-U and PC without making it for the other consoles seems pretty strange to me.

I've been hearing some screaming about how these folks are just Silicon Knights in a new skin. The former head of that studio is definitely in this new studio. There's some serious negative press on Silicon Knights.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/09/si…ames-judgment/
http://kotaku.com/5955223/what-went-…-x+men-destiny

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

May 7th, 2013, 09:46
Private crowdfunding? Flexible funding? 1,5M for the pilot episode (with 11 more to be funded, although much cheaper)?

No, thanks.

Gwendo

Watcher

May 7th, 2013, 17:20
Interesting. Eternal Darkness was a very good game indeed and its atmosphere was almost a waste on a system, that was generally known for childish shovelware. I didn't have gamecube myself, but i played the game years after release with an emulator. I wouldn't exactly call it a survival horror game. It's an action adventure with horror elements.

tolknaz

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Shadow of the Eternals - Crowdfunding Campaign