|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underrail - Dev Log #18, Lower Underrail and Mad Hattering

Default Underrail - Dev Log #18, Lower Underrail and Mad Hattering

May 29th, 2013, 15:31
A short developer update for Underrail became available, providing some infrmation on the Lower Underrail area and headbands.
I'm currently in the process of building the Lower Underrail.

For those who don't know the Lower Underrail was the industrial/military zone of the big underground metro system before things went to hell, as opposed to the Upper Underrail which was the residential zone.

I have it mapped out on paper and am now going through each zone and constructing it in the editor. It's a lot of work without much to report so bear with me as I grind through it. At first, there won't be any quests or special points of interest (just containers, monsters, bandits, traps, and that stuff), until later I start adding the stations, dungeons and occasional random encounter. The metro train is also on the way. It will be connecting the aforementioned stations.

In other news, I've added psionic headbands to the game along with blueprint and components required to make them (creating them will require electronics and a bit of biology). These headbands can enhance one of the three psionic schools, but there are also universal ones that enhance all three (though those are generally weaker). Depending on what components are used, they can increase skill levels, critical chances, critical modifiers, and psi costs. I will add more components in the future that will have other effects or have greater effects (per quality) but with certain drawbacks.

More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 29th, 2013, 15:31
Anyone know how close this one is to being finished?

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

May 29th, 2013, 15:53
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Anyone know how close this one is to being finished?
On his forum Styg said maybe end of 2013 but he is not certain.So my guess would be Q1 2014.

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

May 30th, 2013, 00:11
Originally Posted by Nameless one View Post
On his forum Styg said maybe end of 2013 but he is not certain.So my guess would be Q1 2014.
Cool waiting for it to be done before buying.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underrail - Dev Log #18, Lower Underrail and Mad Hattering