|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » MMORPG Marketing » Browsergames

Default Browsergames

May 28th, 2013, 20:07
Couldnt find any topics on browsergames around here, sorry in advance if im in the wrong place.

Its not often that i find games that has me going for a year but Esim is one. You might have played erepublik, this is similar but more advanced and evolved, with less laggy crappy flash.

Minimum amount of daily doings in order to advance is 5 clicks/day. From there you can easily advance it to 24/7 if you enjoy IRC (Rizon network).

You are a citizen of a virtual world consisting of 50 countries from the real world, on a real worldmap. Become a politician, manage companies, write articles in general or simply be a fighter. The options are pretty damn close to endless.

I have played it for over 250 days and am not particulary close to wanting to stop, it evovles eternally

dabster

Traveler

May 28th, 2013, 20:56
Played ogame and travian for decades.
Tried other games too.

Every single one of them is:
1. You have to be online 24/7 otherwise you're ruined, which means 3 persons have to babysit an acc
2. You can't do sh1t anymore without paying for pay2win options in those games

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 28th, 2013, 21:55
Good thing esim is neither. There is the option to pay2win yes, but in no way does it require hours and hours online. Apart from chatting on IRC there isnt much you CAN do for several hours, and with 1 login/day and 5 clicks you do the essentials

dabster

Traveler

May 29th, 2013, 19:35
For TDE, there's one called "Herokon". I don't know whether it is in English language now, too. Last time I checked it was around the beginning of this year or the end of the last year.

Edit : Its web page is at least in English now, too : https://www.herokon-online.com/en/home

Edit : When I played it, it had HUGE performance issues with the "Opera" web browser. Therefore I don't recomment using Opera for Herokon.

Herokon utilizes Flash, by the way.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 29th, 2013, 22:11
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Played ogame and travian for decades.
Tried other games too.

Every single one of them is:
1. You have to be online 24/7 otherwise you're ruined, which means 3 persons have to babysit an acc
2. You can't do sh1t anymore without paying for pay2win options in those games
You forgot that it takes forever just to build units and buildings. Games like Evony and the new Settlers are prime examples. Though I found a few that are expections.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 29th, 2013, 22:36
Um not really… In both Travian and Ogame for example you build units and start farming others. You can go building facilities instead of units first, but in the long run you can't grab enough resources like stealing from others. Since it's a legit strategy, in a way, those games can't teach you morality.

Evony is also a crap like that.

Settlers Online is fun till level 18 or something like that, then you discover that micromanagement is becoming a pain in the arse and the only solution to overcome it is get a few pay2win options.

Alrik, that game you talk about is not a browser "strategy".

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

May 29th, 2013, 23:10
Um not really… In both Travian and Ogame for example you build units and start farming others. You can go building facilities instead of units first, but in the long run you can't grab enough resources like stealing from others. Since it's a legit strategy, in a way, those games can't teach you morality.

Evony is also a crap like that.

Settlers Online is fun till level 18 or something like that, then you discover that micromanagement is becoming a pain in the arse and the only solution to overcome it is get a few pay2win options.

The two I mostly played were Evony and Civony and it took hours just to finish your buildings. I lost count how many times you are raided from other players that the game becomes unplayable. As for Settlers Online I agree, and that's because the game is designed as pay2win.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; May 30th, 2013 at 09:12.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

May 30th, 2013, 08:43
I am yet to play a strategy building units/buildings/resources game that doesnt require micromanaging, and that doesn become nigh on unplayable when you grow too big..
*shrug*

Esim is nothing like that, you cant be killed or destroyed, you can only progress. It doesnt reset either, the first server they started is on well over 600 days now. Secura, the second server (and only one with pay2win option), is closing on day 300.
The economy is entirly run by the players with rl currencies and battles are between rl countries. You are only 1 citizen and your nation will have from 60-1200.

dabster

Traveler

May 30th, 2013, 08:50
Waa what happened to my reply ?_?

Typed and hit reply then eeeeh where did you go

editing in short version;
In esim you cant be destroyed or killed, economy is rl based and run entirly by the players. Nations have governments that attack other nations, region by region. There is no unplayable micromanaging required, you only progress, though slowly.
Possibly most importantly, the game doesnt end or reset.

The first server has gone for over 600 days, secura is closing on 300.

dabster

Traveler

May 30th, 2013, 09:19
Originally Posted by dabster View Post
Waa what happened to my reply ?_?

Typed and hit reply then eeeeh where did you go
It was awaiting moderation — posts of new members are automatically scrutinized and looked at suspiciously in some cases. If they weren't we'd have a lot more spam going around.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

May 30th, 2013, 10:42

Ah, okay, I thought you were talking about browser RPGs.

Regarding The Settlers - there's a not small number of (perhaps especially older, since everything got dumbed down during the last decade) gamers who actually *like* Micromanagement !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 30th, 2013, 16:05
Hey, just new to RPGWatch, but we have a browser game similar to the OP suggestion called WorldAlpha. You can check it out here:
http://www.worldalpha.com

Working on social strategy sandbox MMORTS WorldAlpha
http://www.worldalpha.com

worldalpha

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » MMORPG Marketing » Browsergames