|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing II - Announced

Default Van Helsing II - Announced

June 13th, 2013, 02:00
Neocore announces The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II. You'll be able to import your character from the first game to continue playing.
Budapest, Hungary – June 12, 2013 – Esteemed indie developer NeocoreGames announced today The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II for PC, bringing players the follow-up to the popular gothic-noir steampunk action-RPG influenced by Bram Stoker’s Dracula. Returning fans will be able to import their characters from the first adventure, while new hunters will have the opportunity to create their own legendary monster-hunter.

"In the first game it all seemed so simple," said Viktor Juhász, narrative designer at Neocore Games, "defeat the mad scientist, free the land and ride into the sunset, but sometimes the fall of a villain only opens the way to more sinister foes.”

The incredible adventures continue, and Van Helsing, the famous monster-hunter returns to save the day again with the help of his charming, ghostly companion, Lady Katarina. The gothic metropolis of weird science is on the brink of destruction as chaos rules the streets and a new enemy plots revenge. It’s time to enter the dark side of Borgova and the forbidden wilderness, but beware: you are not the only one behind a mask.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, currently available worldwide $14.99 via Steam on Windows® PC, is a one-of-a-kind action-RPG that pits players in fierce battles against familiar supernatural foes and enables players to partake in a tower-defense mini-game within Van Helsing’s upgradable lair to ward off evil that attempt to overrun the base by way of force.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

June 13th, 2013, 02:00
Unfortunately i can't think of any improvements that would make me buy/ play the next installment.

The first was great as it was, just that loot is not enough motivation for me. And the Van Helsing universe feels limited in this aspect. I mean, you can create memorable characters in any setting, I just doubt it will be the case in such a "stereotipical" one

borcanu

muist

June 13th, 2013, 08:15
Originally Posted by borcanu View Post
Unfortunately i can't think of any improvements that would make me buy/ play the next installment.

The first was great as it was, just that loot is not enough motivation for me. And the Van Helsing universe feels limited in this aspect. I mean, you can create memorable characters in any setting, I just doubt it will be the case in such a "stereotipical" one
I think that it is one of the better ARPGs ever, and I truly look forward to the next installment.

johnnysd

Watcher

June 13th, 2013, 12:15
Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
I think that it is one of the better ARPGs ever, and I truly look forward to the next installment.
As do I. It was a fantastic and very well done game.

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

June 13th, 2013, 17:19
playing and enjoying it now. lack of world randomization is the only real draw back of the first game.

dyze

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Van Helsing II - Announced