|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Amazing Screenshot Thread

Default Amazing Screenshot Thread

May 19th, 2013, 03:22
These are NOT my shots … spent some time tonight looking at some of the true masters of screenarchery. Found two that were unedited and breathtaking.

First is this young lady:

Then this awe inspiring shot of one of the Dragon Priests. Scary as F***:

For more see the top list: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/top//?

I took this one, simple but fun, for a story showcase I wrote and posted on Nexus:

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Last edited by wolfgrimdark; May 19th, 2013 at 03:33.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

May 19th, 2013, 11:31
Despite not being your screenies, those last two are great as well . And I love your night shots.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 20th, 2013, 00:47
On the Bethesda forums 99% of the Morrowind screenshots were of scantily clad female vampires, and 99% of the Oblivion screenshots was of scanitily clad female Mystic Elves with corean hair.
I'm pleased to see that RPG Watch is not so filled with cross dressing fetishists.

PetrusOctavianus

Retro Gamer

May 20th, 2013, 01:46
These are nice screenshots keep them coming. Unfortunately for me ENB never works right. I've tried a variety and they never work as advertised. I'm probably doing something wrong.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

May 20th, 2013, 01:59
One from me:

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

May 20th, 2013, 03:56
Nice Draugr shot :-)

I have been trying to balance Nexus out a little. Some great modders over there and got a few tips. Hothtrooper44 even let me use one of his armors for a make over I did of Erik the Slayer - my third mod so far and one I just released tonight. Was so much work though! I have so much admiration for modders who do the big stuff - it is so time consuming - took up my entire weekend. Course I had a lot to learn as well.

I decided to stick with his main look so it would be consistent. Instead I focused on just making him a bit older, although a lot depends on the textures people use of course (I took mine using XCE for the face and sundracon better males for the body). I added some age lines, scars, shadows, a beard, and more muscle since he has been working a lot as a mercenary in the local area. I also enhanced his skills and abilities and made his class line up with his combat skills better (his defaults did not match his equipment or skills)

Erik was the first companion I ever had in Skyrim and he finished the main game with my warrior, Ulfr Bjorn (over 300+ hours) so he is probably my favorite. But I always wanted to see how he would mature as a mercenary … so here we are

Mod: Erik the Slayer - Older and Wiser

Some images relating to the make-over:

Fact about Erik the Slayer from wiki:
His name is derived from Erik West, whose internet alias was "Immok the Slayer," a visitor to Bethesda's HQ during Skyrim's development. Bethesda was so impressed with his knowledge of Oblivion that they gave him an in-depth tour of Bethesda studios and decided to create a character named Erik in his honor. Sadly, Erik died in May 2011 from cancer (before the release of Skyrim), hence Bethesda honoring him by immortalizing him in the form of Erik the Slayer.

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

May 20th, 2013, 20:49
Originally Posted by PetrusOctavianus View Post
I'm pleased to see that RPG Watch is not so filled with cross dressing fetishists.
[ahem]There are no scantily clad females in my cross dressing screenshots.[/ahem]

Semper HiFi!

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 26th, 2013, 00:01
Couple of shots form this weeks playtime:

Torvar, brother of Stenvar:

Kveldulfr, my main:

Adventurers:

Lanters of Skyrim:

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

May 27th, 2013, 02:46
Scenic shot I took this weekend:

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

May 27th, 2013, 22:52
*sigh*
So nice!
I'd love to post some shots of my characters, but I'd have to take the pics first. The only pics I prepared for posting are of my (and sonny's) SWTOR characters …

Semper HiFi!

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 28th, 2013, 00:30
I stopped counting after I reached 1000 but I do purge regularly at least. I have been getting into a story (text) and image showcase every weekend at nexus which has been a lot of fun. Here are a couple of random shots, some that I used this weekend. A shot of the Ratway in Riften, scenic shots of Ivarstead Inn and nearby Crypt. Shots of Kveldulfr drinking with his buddy Torvar (Stenvars younger brother), an done where Kveldulfr got wounded and Torvar was trying to see if he was ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TESV 2013-05-26 20-33-28-23.jpg (153.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg TESV 2013-05-26 21-20-27-55.jpg (176.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg drink3.jpg (140.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg ivar1.jpg (167.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ivar2.jpg (157.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg wound1.jpg (108.1 KB, 11 views)

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

June 1st, 2013, 20:38
Purge!? As in DELETE!? What in heaven's name for?? I've got over 9000 screenshots and videos filed away going back to No One Lives Forever.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 2nd, 2013, 00:07
Wow that is a lot of shots! But a 1000 for a single game … its an awful lot to search though for me :-) and I keep taking them of course lol.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

June 8th, 2013, 00:48
Stopped at the Gate: that guard is over-matched

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

June 22nd, 2013, 19:35
Just to show I am still playing lol

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

June 23rd, 2013, 17:01
Having a melancholic, mellow, and aimless weekend so here are some random shots:

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

June 24th, 2013, 18:53
Looks like it was a fun way to spend the weekend … despite all the melancholy . Beautiful sky.

Semper HiFi!

Jaz

Meet my wonderful MX.
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 4th, 2013, 00:57
Thank you Jaz! In a better mood happily. While I have started to play The Secret World again I am still enjoying Skyrim.

A Cold and Bleak Arrival:

A few scenic shots:

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

July 24th, 2013, 00:10
Been maxing out VRAM lately and with Boris creating some code in the latest ENB's to shuffle memory over into VRAM to deal with the 3.1G memory limit with skyrim it was time to upgrade. Had to tone down some graphic settings and textures for my GTX 680 to handle it.

But ordered a GTX Titan with 6GB which should be here tomorrow woo hoo! Going to enjoy pushing that to its limit as well

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

July 24th, 2013, 00:52
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
Been maxing out VRAM lately and with Boris creating some code in the latest ENB's to shuffle memory over into VRAM to deal with the 3.1G memory limit with skyrim it was time to upgrade. Had to tone down some graphic settings and textures for my GTX 680 to handle it.

But ordered a GTX Titan with 6GB which should be here tomorrow woo hoo! Going to enjoy pushing that to its limit as well
I think with you getting your copy of skyrim to look like THAT then your next upgrade needs to be an Oculus Rift - the ultimate hiking simulator accessory. At least get it before fallout 4 comes out.

Alright I guess the ultimate hiking simulator accessory would be that pedestal you use with the Rift and actually control walking by… walking. I have to admit though that looks suspiciously like exercise and might be a trap.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Amazing Screenshot Thread