|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » WoW - Microtransactions Confirmed

Default WoW - Microtransactions Confirmed

July 11th, 2013, 01:16
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
…the fact that they've held back for this long is something I'd tend to appreciate rather than bitch about.
I agree. I went for most of my life not kicking small puppies. But that's all behind me and now I kick one every time I get the chance. But I'm a good guy for not having done so for so long.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?
TheMadGamer is offline

TheMadGamer

TheMadGamer's Avatar
SasqWatch

#21

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,935

Default 

July 11th, 2013, 08:02
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I agree. I went for most of my life not kicking small puppies. But that's all behind me and now I kick one every time I get the chance. But I'm a good guy for not having done so for so long.
If the general perception among your "kind" was that you'd need to kick puppies to make a living - and you held back doing that, with the potential of making a very decent living indeed - when everyone else were kicking left and right, then you'd be a "better" guy - wouldn't you?

These things are rarely black and white.
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#22

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,827

Default 

July 11th, 2013, 20:18
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
If the general perception among your "kind" was that you'd need to kick puppies to make a living - and you held back doing that, with the potential of making a very decent living indeed - when everyone else were kicking left and right, then you'd be a "better" guy - wouldn't you? These things are rarely black and white.
Your thinking about this too much… I was just making a (perhaps rather bad?) joke.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?
TheMadGamer is offline

TheMadGamer

TheMadGamer's Avatar
SasqWatch

#23

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,935

Default 

July 11th, 2013, 21:48
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
I assumed he was being sarcastic, since the whole "WoW Killer / going F2P" is sort of a running joke on WoW/MMO forums. Maybe not, though…
yes and no. I am serious in the sense that WoW, like AoL so long ago, is realizing subscription based may not be enough to sustain itself in the future. The F2P model, not invented but perfected by DDO, is the first real dent anyone's seen in WoW's armour.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520
Lucky Day is offline

Lucky Day

Lucky Day's Avatar
Daywatch

#24

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Uncanny Valley
Posts: 3,173

Default 

July 11th, 2013, 22:29
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Your thinking about this too much… I was just making a (perhaps rather bad?) joke.
A joke that seemed to be making a point all the same
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#25

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,827

Default 

July 11th, 2013, 23:46
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
yes and no. I am serious in the sense that WoW, like AoL so long ago, is realizing subscription based may not be enough to sustain itself in the future. The F2P model, not invented but perfected by DDO, is the first real dent anyone's seen in WoW's armour.
WoW must be the most successful video game of all time, but it can't go on for ever and I don't imagine Blizzard expects it to do so. But at over 8m subscribers that's still hugely lucrative. So I expect Blizzard will just make hay whilst the sun shines.

More interesting perhaps is what they are doing with their Titan project, rumoured to be have been in development since 2007 or earlier, but about which very little is known.
Roq is offline

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

#26

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somerset/London UK
Posts: 974
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » WoW - Microtransactions Confirmed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:35.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch