|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torment: Tides of Numenera - Tumblr Updates #2

Default Torment: Tides of Numenera - Tumblr Updates #2

July 22nd, 2013, 11:34
Well it's time for round numer two of Tumblr updates from inXile entertainment. Lets get started. Up first we have a photo of all the writers. Just look at all that talent in one room.

The Torment team were gathered earlier this week to discuss Colin’s story outline and brainstorm, which was “hugely productive, enormously creative" per Colin.

From left to right: Steve Dobos, George Ziets, Monte Cook, Kevin Saunders, Shanna Germain, Tony Evans, Matthew Findley, Colin McComb, Patrick Rothfuss, with Nathan Long in the front, with Chris Avellone present but not on the photo.
Next we have the Map of the Ninth World were Torment: Tides of Numenera takes place.

Ninth World Map, via Ninth World Hub. Torment: Tides of Numenera’s locations lie beyond the eastern edges of this map.
And finally George Ziets gives his opinion on the writers meet.

Just sitting in a single room with the concentrated mental power of Colin McComb, Monte Cook, Shanna Germain, Pat Rothfuss, Chris Avellone, Nathan Long, Tony Evans, Kevin Saunders, and the InXile guys was pretty amazing. Honestly, I wish I could have that group spend a few days brainstorming ideas and ferreting out the weak points for every game I develop.

I think an observation that Colin made was very telling. Nobody in the room was trying to prove themselves or compete with anyone else. It was very much a “yes, and…” discussion, with each of us building upon and getting excited about the others’ ideas. That may have been because we’re all over 30 years old and relative veterans in writing or design. But whatever the reason, it was one of the most fun and productive design discussions I’ve experienced.
More information.

"Frankly Sir /Madam I don't give a damn about your opinion."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

July 22nd, 2013, 11:34
That looks incredibly nice…

Remind me, this won't be an open-world kind of game, right? But rather follow the BG concept of several disconnected, smaller maps?
Such a pity if so. I'd love to go exploring in that world.

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

July 22nd, 2013, 13:42
Need more beards.

kalniel

SasqWatch

July 22nd, 2013, 15:29
I can tell that this is going to be a great RPG just by looking at the gentleman on the right. His beard tells us everything we need to know, and then some. I'm impressed.

enm

Banned

July 22nd, 2013, 15:48
That's actually Pat Rothfuss, the author of The Kingkiller Chronicle. You can tell he's a high level geek. Or wizard. I prefer wizard.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

July 22nd, 2013, 16:01
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
That's actually Pat Rothfuss, the author of The Kingkiller Chronicle. You can tell he's a high level geek. Or wizard. I prefer wizard.
I think you're right. After all, a magic user doesn't reach wizardhood until he reaches beardhood, and a wizard's greatest weapon is not learned, but grown.

enm

Banned

July 22nd, 2013, 16:55
Originally Posted by wiretripped View Post
That looks incredibly nice…

Remind me, this won't be an open-world kind of game, right? But rather follow the BG concept of several disconnected, smaller maps?
Such a pity if so. I'd love to go exploring in that world.
They haven't said, but yes you can probably expect individual maps for that hand-crafted feel.

kalniel

SasqWatch

July 23rd, 2013, 02:39
His beard reminds me of Bride of Frankenstein upsidedown.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 23rd, 2013, 16:24
In case BN checks this thread, why are you guys using Tumblr of all things? I'm all for not shoehorning news delivery in blogs or forums but that's the social network an RPG fan is least likely to be a member of.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

July 24th, 2013, 01:45
Originally Posted by enm View Post
I think you're right. After all, a magic user doesn't reach wizardhood until he reaches beardhood, and a wizard's greatest weapon is not learned, but grown.
Well, he is an alchemist

Yme

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Torment: Tides of Numenera - Tumblr Updates #2