|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Drakensang Complete Saga DVD

Default Drakensang Complete Saga DVD

August 12th, 2013, 20:16
Now we're left with Demonicon, a game using Mass Effect as its inspiration for dialogue and Witcher for combat. The result (in the tiny footage we've seen) looks horrible. Combat looks clunky and boring (not to mention that the animations are stiff) and we know next to nothing about everything else.

Games that show little almost inevitably end up being horrible. I have no faith in that.

Perhaps someone will make another game set in the Dark Eye universe similar to Drakensang one day.

Grangokhan

Watchdog

August 12th, 2013, 20:37
Yeah, it's disappointing that these great games got screwed over by a bad publisher.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 13th, 2013, 14:36
Well, there's Black Guards ahead, too.
Turn-based, but also "dark & gritty".

A game like Drakensang ? My "inner cynic" replies to this with an : "Forget it ! It will never be !"

And now you might perhaps understand what Germans mean with the "TDE curse".

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 15th, 2013, 03:20
I had been meaning to pick Drakensang up for ages, but never have gotten around to it until I saw this thread. Just ordered it. I remember enjoying Realms of Arkania 3 (and have all three via GoG now, though I've yet to install them) so I've been interested in it.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

August 15th, 2013, 12:09
Originally Posted by azraelck View Post
I had been meaning to pick Drakensang up for ages, but never have gotten around to it until I saw this thread. Just ordered it. I remember enjoying Realms of Arkania 3 (and have all three via GoG now, though I've yet to install them) so I've been interested in it.
*thumbs up* Good choice, you're in for a good time. As noted before (if not on this thread, then on many others), the first one starts a bit slow, so give it time. Well, compared to most modern CRPGs, both of them are "slower" games as a whole (and I'm not just talking about the movement speed of the PCs here ).

You might know this already, there's been a mighty uproar about it, but in case you've missed it and given that you're a ROA fan, do NOT get the new remake of ROA 1 - Blade of Destiny. It is a totally unfinished and complete mess as of now. THe devs are patching it as best and as quickly as they can, but it'll need a whole lot of patching still to get that trainwreck of a game in good, playable shape. Maybe in a month or two, but not now.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23

August 16th, 2013, 01:43
Originally Posted by Lurking Grue View Post
*thumbs up* Good choice, you're in for a good time. As noted before (if not on this thread, then on many others), the first one starts a bit slow, so give it time. Well, compared to most modern CRPGs, both of them are "slower" games as a whole (and I'm not just talking about the movement speed of the PCs here ).

You might know this already, there's been a mighty uproar about it, but in case you've missed it and given that you're a ROA fan, do NOT get the new remake of ROA 1 - Blade of Destiny. It is a totally unfinished and complete mess as of now. THe devs are patching it as best and as quickly as they can, but it'll need a whole lot of patching still to get that trainwreck of a game in good, playable shape. Maybe in a month or two, but not now.
I'm used to games starting out slow. I have a lot of the old classics. Besides, I'm not fond of most of the newer crpgs like DA. DA started out alright, but quickly became a slog through the same old same old. Every other crpg that's came out besides that here in the last few years, I've either hated outright, or didn't care enough to buy.

I have the GoG version of RoA 1 & 2. I wasn't even aware of a remake. I had never played the original, only 3 (Shadows over Riva), which was given to me for a birthday present.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Drakensang Complete Saga DVD