|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Banner Saga - Post-Funding Update #40

Default The Banner Saga - Post-Funding Update #40

September 5th, 2013, 11:54
Stoic has released the second part of their video demo in this new post-funding update.

We've gotten many, many people who would prefer to get lots of updates, so majority rule, here. To those of you who do not want to see new emails from us every day or two, I've been told you can filter that through Kickstarter.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; September 5th, 2013 at 12:07.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 5th, 2013, 11:54
Combat system looks very good; plenty of options, positioning, special abilities of different characters, the works. Anybody here played factions? How is the combat?

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

September 5th, 2013, 15:37
Yep, I played factions and I liked the combat. It feels a bit like Kings Bounty with less magic. The problem with Factions though is that it feels very stale because you were always getting matched against players of the same level and everyone had pretty much the same setup of troops & abilities. It felt like playing a mirror image of yourself sometimes. When you progressed you got matched against a higher level of player and so progression was really boring and didn't matter really.

This looks a lot better with a wider array of enemies and abilities. (I was never interested in the multiplayer part of their game, the single-player part is what made me back it and I'm glad it's coming together.)

Lemonhead

Keeper of the Watch

September 5th, 2013, 15:43
I was rather impressed with the combat. Hardest part is keeping track of the different special abilities of the different classes, makes a huge difference in how you can/should approach fights. That being said, not a huge fan of the MP (match making + grinding), but, I can't wait for the SP.

greywolf00

Sentinel

September 5th, 2013, 17:28
looks great, do the characters level up too gaining exp points from battles?

Dragonx

SasqWatch

September 5th, 2013, 18:18
Sort of. Every level requires a certain amount of kills (level 1 =5, level 2 =10). Actually upgrading the character to the level costs you Renown which is earned from battles. Your guys tend to accumulate the kills needed to level faster than you earn renown. Every base class has 3 advanced classes to choose from.

greywolf00

Sentinel

September 6th, 2013, 10:13
Have not been following this at all for some reason (maybe the MP controversy ?).

Definitely looking like something I want to play. Looking pretty good actually…

Have they nailed down how much playing time its gonna be ?

I hope its not episodic or something…

P.S Very good music/sound in general too.

JonNik

SasqWatch

September 6th, 2013, 11:25
Good question, actually. I am not sure at this point. I think they originally said it would be a 3 chapter trilogy, but I haven't heard anything about that for a long time. I don't know if overall length was ever discussed. I guess my expectation was something along the lines of 15-20 hours for chapter 1…
Maybe the backers among us know more?

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Banner Saga - Post-Funding Update #40