A recent Jrpg Title created by a newly formed group known as CanGameStudios. This isn't another rpg maker title, it is a Construct 2 game that use the brand new Html5 technology and is our starting point in the gaming industry.
Why make an rpg?
Were all huge fans of Jrpg's/Rpg's in CanGame and have played numerous titles over many platforms and are inspired by games like Final fantasy, Golden Sun, Phantasy Star and many more!
But anyways, what makes this rpg unique?
Our current project has a battle system that consists of a "mercy system".
What is the Mercy System?
Unlike a generic RPG, the hero of Frontier Fantasy has the option to either spare there enemies or simply defeat them at the end of each boss fight and/or random battle. Depending on the soul gauge (whether its aiming towards good or evil), the npcs on the map will interact differently towards the character. For example, if the hero has evil intentions then npcs in the map will tend to avoid the character as you approach them. Crowds in the overworld will also talk about you differently depending on the soul gauge. The overall interaction will have changes in the overworld.
For now here's some screenshots of some gameplay: ***Art is still placeholder, we will be updating it to look more HD.
Here's a Video trailer:
How will my funds help to benefit the project?
Your fundings will benefit the project in various ways.
- To cover our utilities and expenses so that we may spend more of our time to focus on the game. Were university students so paying for rent has already become one of our monthly chores.
- To provide us in funding to hire more programmers and artists so that we may improve and enhance the game in a graphical and performance aspect.
- A motivation for us to improve game-play, art, as well as input new mechanics into the game.
- A way for us to advertise the game so that we may build a bigger community for something we all enjoyed to build and develop
-A possibility to release the game before the October 2014 deadline
What if I cannot donate? Is there any other ways I can help?
Yes there are always other ways to help out the game.
- Advertise the game elsewhere. Whether a forum, webpage, youtube, or through other means, the amount of ways to spread the word can help our game grow as a community.
- Provide ideas and suggestions on our forums or comment on our kickstarter
- Display your enthusiasm to us on wanting to see this done. Providing enthusiasm is a great way for us to work harder to release something as great as this rpg.
If you have any questions about the project you can ask me here or on any other site that I post. But yea, thanks for reading! Our group would really appreciate it if people could spread the word or even help us get noticed!