|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

September 10th, 2013, 21:46
I've been playing Doom as filler between Saints Row 4 sessions. It's still a better game than most modern FPSes are.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

September 10th, 2013, 23:17
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
I've been playing Doom as filler between Saints Row 4 sessions. It's still a better game than most modern FPSes are.
I agree. I recently played though the first episode again, and now I'm wishing I had the time for a full playthrough of Doom 1&2. Are you using the Doomsday engine? I'm using that as well as a mod that inserts the superior BGM from the Playstation version.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 10th, 2013, 23:45
Doomsday, but no other mods. I doubt I'll play through the entire game, but who knows.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

September 11th, 2013, 05:31
Play Fallout: New Vegas, after finishing Gothic 1.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 11th, 2013, 10:31
Finished up DA2 which I give a 6/10, next up is Mass Effect 2&3. I'm clearing out my backlog of so-so bioware games. After that I plan on hitting Risen 2.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

September 11th, 2013, 12:59
Haven't played any games properly for ages. Too busy working and making games. Though the last one was Persona 4 Golden and Rain-Slick 3

King_Tetiro

Maker of Legena

September 15th, 2013, 12:32
Just finished XIII, the cel shaded stealth shooter from 2003. The graphics and gameplay have aged pretty well, the main downsides were the unforgiving checkpoint saves and the tedious boss battles (especially the last).

Moved onto Venetica, which has been sitting in my backlog box of games for a while. I remember it got a pretty good reception here and first impressions are favourable, so hopefully it will be a fun experience.

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

September 15th, 2013, 15:54
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Just finished XIII, the cel shaded stealth shooter from 2003. The graphics and gameplay have aged pretty well, the main downsides were the unforgiving checkpoint saves and the tedious boss battles (especially the last).
I was just replaying that as well - got in a couple of hours, and then when I went to play again a couple of days later it had forgotten where I was and wanted me to start again … ugh, I just couldn't.

Having fun bouncing between things - Legend of Dungeon, Drox Operative, Gothic 2, Cognition Episode 4 (coming this week), The Bureau: XCOM Declassified …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 17th, 2013, 14:39
I put down The Witcher 2 for a bit to start playing Dark Sector. Its obviously a quickly made game but so far not bad at all. TW2 I find a bit tedious so wanted a short game to break it up for me.

Toff

Sentinel

September 29th, 2013, 04:47
I just picked up on Might and Magic III: The Isles of Terra for the first time in a number of years.

I had forgotten how much less forgiving it is compared to Xeen, at least at first, though you can get really lucky on loot pulls IIRC. I'm playing it legit; no getting the gold out of the mirror portal, no going to the last town to raid the hirelings of their better gear, just my party and the hirelings I find.

As of now I'm using the Archer and Druid from Fountain Head, but I'll ditch the Druid later for the Ranger. Probably. Maybe.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

September 29th, 2013, 20:20
After recently completing Venetica (good fun) and Syndicate (the 2012 shooter - mediocre) I'm playing Project IGI. Stealth shooter concept is great…but the idea of no saving during missions is filling me with trepidation. Not sure if I'm still hardcore enough for this…

coaster

Utarg of Utarg

October 4th, 2013, 08:46
I'm playing Dead Island Riptide. It's good, but I'm playing solo and I'm finding one or two things very annoying; like when you die you respawn (and lose some cash) which I hate, and all the pickups and containers constantly respawn, which, maybe I'm being pedantic but really detracts from the survival/scavenging aspect of the game that I would otherwise love, and it pulls me out of immersion. Who keeps putting these things back?

What's cool about the game are the things that made the first game really good, doing quests, buying and selling to craft and upgrade weapons, exploration and the fact that exploration is rewarded, and the ever present threat of the zombies (although they do respawn a bit too much).

human_male

Math and girls is hard.

October 11th, 2013, 08:44
I'm sort of playing Majesty: Heroes of Ardania, a browser RPG in which you can pick one of several hero classes from Majesty and experience their adventuring life. So far it's quite intriguing.

Wiki
Basics

Progress in the game is limited by turns. One turn equals one real-life hour. Your characters receive turns automatically. New characters start with 250 turns. So if you really need to play more than 24 turns each day, you can just make new characters. With 16 distinct classes, you still get to experience different things that way.

Since I tend to play all my RPGs in LMK mode nowadays, I created a Warrior, a Wizard and a Ranger.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 11th, 2013, 10:44
Finished up the Witcher 2 and started up a game of Avernum: Escape from the pit. Good fun and a step up from the previous version with more tactical options for fighters. Also playing a bit of fallen enchantress: legendary heroes for the civ-like fantasy fix on the side. Nearly captures the master of magic feeling. Weekly DDO sessions with my dwarf-bear druid.
Last edited by Jaw; October 11th, 2013 at 12:04.

Jaw

Traveler
RPGWatch Donor

October 11th, 2013, 13:13
My life is destroyed, I've come back to Civilization after a couple of years long hiatus.
CIV V with all expansions, damn you!

I would like to start witcher 2 or dishonoured.
C

Crilloan

Sentinel

October 11th, 2013, 15:20
I started Witcher 2 again last week. Initially when it came out, I for some reason stopped playing after defeating the Karyan. I wasn't bored/unexcited about it so I mean to finish it this time around.

stealth

Sentinel

October 11th, 2013, 15:29
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I agree. I recently played though the first episode again, and now I'm wishing I had the time for a full playthrough of Doom 1&2. Are you using the Doomsday engine? I'm using that as well as a mod that inserts the superior BGM from the Playstation version.
+1
I recently played through the first episode using Doomsday. I was a bit surprised how enjoyable the game still is. Soundtrack is simply amazing. I have a lot of those old shooters(-like) on my shelf; Blood, Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Rise of the Triad, Strife, etc.

stealth

Sentinel

October 11th, 2013, 17:49
Playing the Ultima V remake Lazarus for the first time, and it's pretty damned good to say the least. Finally getting some use out of my Dungeon Siege Legends of Aranna game.
Good enough that it even has me taking notes manually for the first time in years after looking all over for a journal that wasn't there.
It even looks pretty decent when cranked up to widescreen resolutions and modded up further with the Enhanced Graphics Mod.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 11th, 2013, 19:52
Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition, for me. Lots of stuff to do and explore. Super faction quests, interactions, and choices. Already level 23, and started an expansion area (Honest Hearts) to give me more headroom by getting the max level cap raised.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2013, 20:00
I been playing walking dead and I just finished episode 2.I can definitively see why it got so much high praise, writing is great.Lack of actual gameplay don't bother me as much as I thought it would mainly because, since you don't get stuck on puzzles story doesn't lose pace, I would still prefer some more complex problems but as I said their lack doesn't bother me.I also love cell-shaded graphics.

Also, I haven't watched series or read comic book is writing as good as in game?And did anyone their new game Wolf among us?

Nameless one

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?