|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of Xulima - Indiegogo Update #3

Default Lords of Xulima - Indiegogo Update #3

September 20th, 2013, 20:56
Numantian Games posted update #3 for Lords of Xulimaon the games Indiegogo page.

<strong style="line-height: 1.45em;">UPDATE 3 - THE TOUCH OF THE ARTIST[/b]

Even though all of the elements of the maps in Xulima are hand drawn, there are times when we create rendered objects for the artist to use like a sketch.

This is when our talented artists works his magic… and from a rough and lifeless block of stone, carves a haunting faceless statue that appears to be so ancient as it were watching over a cursed treasure…

More information.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls." - Couchpotato

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

September 20th, 2013, 20:56
I don't understand why there is so little interest about this game. Is it because of Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter? For everyone who hesitates to pledge, I recommend reading their blog. All the gameplay mechanics they chose shows that they're on the right path.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

September 20th, 2013, 21:18
Yep - This game has even more potential than MM X.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

September 20th, 2013, 23:27
For me, it's that it's a completely unknown group of people and there's very little info out there on the game itself and how it will work, besides that it's isometric exploration + blobber combat. And yeah, I've looked through all the info on the indiegogo page and their website, not sure where else I should be looking.

edit: eh what the hell, I just put in my pledge.
Last edited by Stingray; September 21st, 2013 at 10:53.

Stingray

Sentinel

September 20th, 2013, 23:30
I gotta admit, most times when I see a product coming up the pipe via Indiegogo, I figure I'll just wait till it hits Steam. There's something just less appealing about that venue then, say, Kickstarter. At least for me.

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

September 21st, 2013, 11:18
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
I don't understand why there is so little interest about this game. Is it because of Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter? For everyone who hesitates to pledge, I recommend reading their blog. All the gameplay mechanics they chose shows that they're on the right path.
'Murricans' unfounded fear of using Indiegogo seems to hit projects pretty hard.

"In Grimwhoah, you can ride on turtles."

Sacred_Path

Basement Horror

September 21st, 2013, 19:26
Yes, those dim, gutless codgers from the far-off lands of Murricania. When will they open up their hearts and wallets to the shining example of indie-dev fundraising that is…. indiegogo.

Falchor

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lords of Xulima - Indiegogo Update #3