|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

September 25th, 2013, 14:26
I can totally understand your point of view, even although I love Mabar.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 25th, 2013, 17:11
I wonder how many people get banned for taking part in it this year. I still remember the first lagbar, and half the game's players facing bans for taking part in it. I'm glad I never bothered.

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

September 25th, 2013, 22:05
Did people get banned because they took advantage of the money bug? I seem to remember quite a few people get several million plats in a few days. Prices at the auction house increased a lot after that event until all the "cheat" money had been spent. Remember seeing large devil scales sold at 800k

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

September 26th, 2013, 12:48
No, the money bug was something else, one of the Crystal Cove items was easily made and sold for a decent amount of plat at the vendors. Some people farmed out that item over and over and capped out all their characters on plat, leading to massive inflation (moreso than usual in an MMO at any rate).

The Mabar bans was due to the incompetent implementation of an automated system, which was flagging people for exploiting when they were fighting undead out in Delera's Graveyard.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

September 26th, 2013, 13:27
Ah, yes, THESE bans. NO, I don't think that it still exists, because last Mabar people were making jokes on it in the chat window, if I remember correctly.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 26th, 2013, 17:05
Mabar is the joke, even if a sad one.

I'll most likely be late Friday, though I hope not. Days have been long this week, so I want to give a heads up just in case.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

September 26th, 2013, 17:34
Not sure when it was released, but the character planner has been updated for the enhancement pass.
http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/

I'll probably work on a build for Wouldii over the next week or two and do his TR2.

edit- looks like the printout function is currently broken. sadface.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?
Last edited by dteowner; September 27th, 2013 at 04:13.

dteowner

Shoegazer

September 27th, 2013, 00:52
Just a heads up that the latest patch undid all the Druid enhancements (at least all of mine). I didn't notice till I was in the middle of a quest and discovered heaps of things were no longer working!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

September 27th, 2013, 14:20
Yeah, they changed some bits. Better look into the patch notes.

These reworkings seemingly were on Lammannia before - Az linked to that above.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 27th, 2013, 15:12
New DDO Store sales :

Free item of the week :

Sept 27th – Oct. 3rd
Minute of Time x1
Use Coupon Code TIME5
1 / Account
That's useful for challenges.

20 % off :

- "select stat tomes"
- "heroic tomes of learning"
- "guild renown elixirs"

http://www.ddo.com/en/store

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 27th, 2013, 17:10
It was probably just the Nature's Warrior tree that got reset. Mine wasn't reset, and I only have points in the Season's Herald.

They added some positive spell power in NW. It's still subpar, but better than before.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

September 27th, 2013, 21:18
OK, tonight's docket consists of Necro2-Shadow King followed by the first two Threnal quests (In Need of Supplies and Rescue). If we've still got time and energy, we wrap up the level 8 content with VoN1 and 2. All the lvl8 House quests (and there's a few) will be left as 3rd lifer makeup. That clears us to take toon level 11 tonight if we get thru all 5 quests.

I don't know how we're stacking up on ranks. I know some folks already are holding 11 and Corwin and I are only half way thru 10. Pretty sure everyone will get enough XP to qualify for 11 with the content we've got planned.

Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

September 28th, 2013, 00:55
Actually Az it was my SH tree which got totally reset.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

September 29th, 2013, 16:15
At least Turbine reset the tree for free so you could respec. Sometimes they make changes making your choices less useful and you're stuck with those changes unless you pay to respec.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

Default Arcane Archer Capstone Breaks Arrow Imbues

October 1st, 2013, 16:46
I took the capstone a few days ago when I hit level 20, and all of a sudden all my arrow imbues stopped working. Sometimes they work for a few minutes, most of the time they disappear in seconds. The toolbar will show that it is selected, but it is not showing up at the top of the screen (where the buffs show up), and it's evident in gameplay that it is not working. I've had it happen on all the arrow imbues, including paralyze.

The result is that I had to reset the tree and remove the capstone in order to be able to play. I have tested and verified that it is the capstone, and it's well documented on the following forum thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/423776.

So, do NOT take the AA capstone as it completely breaks the imbue enhancements.

Aletys

U6P Team

October 1st, 2013, 17:13
I have finally managed to port all my 6 toons into the new Character Planner. There are a few bugs here and there so I had to manually update the enhancement file.

The next update will fix most bugs so it's probably good to do the port from the old planner then. Otherwise you will have quite a bit of frustation as I had.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

October 1st, 2013, 18:13
Don't forget that v4.19.01 doesn't have the ability to do the "full 20" printout yet. The various bugs are an inconvenience, but the inability to print out your plan really limits the usefulness for now. Based on their forums, I get the impression that getting the printout working again is the major goal for 4.19.02. I don't remember seeing an ETA on the next version, though.

Aletys, does that give you 1 or 2 toons at lvl20? I think several of us were planning on bringing a toon around once you had two capped- one to stay epic and one to TR. I've still got nearly an entire level to go before RhoGu gets capped so I'll probably be bringing Wouldii around. My most recent tinker-build for him was a drow short sword poking FvS.

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 2nd, 2013, 04:23
Speaking of that FvS build, the planner doesn't seem to move a TR2 drow to 36 points. Is that a bug in the planner (they don't seem to have it listed as a bug) or is the drow screwy due to getting 32 points right out the gate? Never messed with a drow before so I just don't know how the game actually treats one.

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 2nd, 2013, 08:34
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
… Aletys, does that give you 1 or 2 toons at lvl20? I think several of us were planning on bringing a toon around once you had two capped- one to stay epic and one to TR. I've still got nearly an entire level to go before RhoGu gets capped so I'll probably be bringing Wouldii around. My most recent tinker-build for him was a drow short sword poking FvS.
I have one toon at level 20 (arcane ranger), with the next one a cleric at level 17. My 17 will hold at 17 till Jo's Sherina hits level 20, so she doesn't lose any EDs.

I'm planning on taking them both into epic levels and don't plan on TR'ing them for a while. It seems a bit of a waste to spend all that time & effort to get them up there and then not take advantage of the epic stuff, especially since all my toons are first lifers & I haven't had a chance to play any of it till now.

Aletys

U6P Team

October 2nd, 2013, 12:45
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Speaking of that FvS build, the planner doesn't seem to move a TR2 drow to 36 points. Is that a bug in the planner (they don't seem to have it listed as a bug) or is the drow screwy due to getting 32 points right out the gate? Never messed with a drow before so I just don't know how the game actually treats one.
Because Drow get +2 to 3 stats, they are considered 32 point builds on a first life. Most races get +2 to one, -2 to another. So they are stuck on a 28/20/32 point progression, instead of the normal 32/34/36 point progression.

With the skill tax and going TWF FvS, Drow actually are a decent choice for that particular build. I've considered a similar build in the past, as much to make use out of Drow as anything else, but I never have done it. My builds were on the pre-NGE enhancements so I'd have to redo the whole thing.

azraelck

Angel of Cookies!

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread