|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition - New Screenshots, Music Samples, and Wallpapers

Default Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition - New Screenshots, Music Samples, and Wallpapers

October 17th, 2013, 01:29
Overhaul has a few more media updates available on the games webpage that includes new screenshots, music samples, wallpapers, and concept art. Also just a quick reminder you can pre-order the game for release on Novemembe 15th.

More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; October 17th, 2013 at 01:39.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

October 17th, 2013, 01:29
I wonder what screen res. those are shot at?

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 17th, 2013, 05:38
It seems almost like a widescreen mod…. I can't say I like it… I reckon everything is scaled too small. Also, I don't like those enhancements they've made - it seems like they've tried to polish the graphic which ends up giving a feel of too straight and plastic-ie….. I preferred the older art direction. Also don't like those bright colours - way too bright for me…. especially those colour/prismatic spray thing. I gotta admit though, those new areas does seem interesting…. must be related to the new NPCs added (3 in BG:EE + the new one in BG2:EE).

BG2 fan girl
BG2: Eowyn & Anomen
IWD: Orhlanna & Korin
ME: Shepard & Garrus

purpleblob

Princess

October 17th, 2013, 07:16
Looks pretty good to me.

Did they release the latest patch that got delayed due to the legal crap for the first game yet?

Waiting for that so I can give the first one a go and then roll right in to this one depending on it's release condition.

sakichop

SasqWatch

October 17th, 2013, 08:50
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
It seems almost like a widescreen mod…. I can't say I like it… I reckon everything is scaled too small.
Don't forget about the zoom function. I'm guessing those screens are zoomed out to show more area in the screenshots.

Otherwise, it looks pretty much the same to me. Maybe a little cleaner. The only changes I notice are for spell effects.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 17th, 2013, 17:02
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
Looks pretty good to me.

Did they release the latest patch that got delayed due to the legal crap for the first game yet?
no noting as of yet, which is a bit lame/not fair for them imo

Fanest

Watcher

October 17th, 2013, 18:46
Looks good to me too.
I really liked the zoom feature in the first remake, I know I will like it here also.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 18th, 2013, 00:28
No money for them until they fix the mess they released as BG1 E.E.

griniaris

Watcher

October 18th, 2013, 01:02
I've played BG:EE through twice. Must have missed the mess. Granted there are a few bugs, but it's more than playable.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

October 18th, 2013, 01:11
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
It seems almost like a widescreen mod…. I can't say I like it… I reckon everything is scaled too small. Also, I don't like those enhancements they've made - it seems like they've tried to polish the graphic which ends up giving a feel of too straight and plastic-ie….. I preferred the older art direction. Also don't like those bright colours - way too bright for me…. especially those colour/prismatic spray thing. I gotta admit though, those new areas does seem interesting…. must be related to the new NPCs added (3 in BG:EE + the new one in BG2:EE).
I wished you hadn't mentioned it Blob, but you are right. In my recollection BG2 had a certain rawness, not quite Icewind Dale's dark, mystical feel, but in someways better.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

October 18th, 2013, 01:36
[QUOTE=rjshae;1061222579]I've played BG:EE through twice. Must have missed the mess. Granted there are a few bugs, but it's more than playable.[/QUOTE

There wasn't any "mess" when I played, at least with the current patch, a couple of small bugs was all I saw on my start to finish game. Looking forward to Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition based on that.

Warmark

Sentinel

October 18th, 2013, 11:21
Looking forward to this. I'll do a replay or two of BG1: EE as well before this is out, so November will be Baldur's Gate month for me.

It's quite sad when a remake of a game I've played dozens of times before is the most exciting thing for months.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition - New Screenshots, Music Samples, and Wallpapers