|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

October 29th, 2013, 05:36
Best news I've heard all year is the demise of Mabar!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

October 30th, 2013, 19:18
You can vote now cfor your favourite "3 Barrel Cove" quest here : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…ee-Barrel-Cove
Edit : Seems to be closed already ?

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 30th, 2013, 19:43
Corwin's favorite is obviously "Prove Your Worth"!

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

October 30th, 2013, 20:00
Originally Posted by azraelck View Post
Corwin's favorite is obviously "Prove Your Worth"!
Since "Prove" won the poll, I just assumed Corwin had stuffed the ballot box. He's funny like that.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

October 30th, 2013, 22:44
Yes, we should do that one right after we finish STK!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

October 30th, 2013, 22:46
Saw a funny guild name today : "Dead Parrot Society".

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 30th, 2013, 22:50
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
Since "Prove" won the poll, I just assumed Corwin had stuffed the ballot box. He's funny like that.
It did? I didn't check the poll, I was on break at work. I'm kinda surprised. I figured that would be like The Pit or Coal Chamber, one of those that people either love or hate.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

Default Sagas won't be used for earning TR hearts

October 31st, 2013, 09:05
Jo & I were checking the forums tonight & found the following:

Posted by Vargouille (dev) on the forums on the 29th:

"Thanks to your feedback, we’ve revised our initial plans on how Hearts of Wood can be earned through gameplay. We’re leaving Heroic True Hearts of Wood untouched, still available through Tokens of the Twelve. Iconic and Epic Hearts of Wood are still obtained through Commendations of Valor, but we’re moving Commendations out of Saga rewards and into the end reward lists for all Epic quests."

You can read the full post with additional details, & responses, at:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…ighlight=sagas

Also, there was apparently a podcast where the devs (Glin, Tolero, and Cordovan) talked about all this … it's rather long, so it's been summarized in the following post by SiliconScout:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…=1#post5152252

A couple of interesting points in the summary were that the devs:
  • overestimated popularity of SAGA's did not delve deep to see if they were actually being completed
  • from their perspective heroic tr is somewhat broken, happy that players don't appear to think so

Aletys

U6P Team

October 31st, 2013, 14:19
Interesting, thank you.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 31st, 2013, 18:20
There is also a thread on the proposed past epic lives here:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…nd-Description

Players seem underwhelmed, and the general feeling seems to be that they're rather weak for epic levels.

Aletys

U6P Team

November 1st, 2013, 18:47
We have Friday now - I won't participate, becauseI've got to get up early - tomorrow morning I'm going to Munich for a few days (coming back on Tuesday).

Got a "Solar Enhancement" dealing an additional light damage for my weapon from Mabar yesterday - must've been one of the last possible Chamber runs, because the Chamber needs to long until it gets opened again … Got several dragon scales now, which I can turn in again next year … My Favoured Sould also got a basic Mabar cloak … And my Cleric an cosmetic spider on his head. Got it by turning in 2 Mabar Signets (the Solar Enhancement did cost 1 Signet).

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 1st, 2013, 20:17
Do we have a plan for tonight?

Oh, the game is down, 2-4pm today. I just tried to login, and it's updating, so perhaps it will come up earlier. TBD.

Aletys

U6P Team

November 1st, 2013, 20:41
It appears we've got all hands on deck with no late arrivals or early bails. Plus, token farming isn't quite as critical now, by all appearances. Sooooo, we're back on our 12s. Finish Threnal, run 1 desert quest (Rahmat), take toon level 13.

Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 1st, 2013, 20:53
Sorry to throw a kink in your plans, but I most likely will not make it tonight, or will be extremely late. It's my uncles birthday tonight and I've just been informed we're going out around game time.

Reywind

Spectre

Send a message via Skype™ to Reywind

November 1st, 2013, 20:59
Spoke a little too soon, I did. Jinxed it, I did. Yep, that one's on me, folks.

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 1st, 2013, 22:08
As Aletys hinted, there's an update to download. Doesn't appear too large.

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 2nd, 2013, 15:32
Reywind, we did run the desert explorers on our 12's. Then switched up to highs and did a DA run. Saved Threnal for when you are back. I bailed but they were planning a preraid then raid run. Not sure what got done. Sorry I missed it.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

November 2nd, 2013, 16:00
We ran an over-level Dairy Queen, with The Savage Dragon getting the only raid drop there. Then Corwin dropped, so we did a partial pug run of the Shroud. JM and The Savage Dragon remained on after I dropped out, so I don't know past that.

In U20, any who have A) TRed since U19, or B) completed any raid other than Tempest Spine or Chronoscope will be getting a "Raider's Reward Box", which will offer a choice of raid loot. I think it's just CitW weapons, though. I need to get Ijii through a raid, as well as Aerie and Aneira.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

November 3rd, 2013, 16:09
Reywind, if you can make time, please solo the Desert explorers and the Chamber of Rahmat (Desert lvl10 walkup). You should have no trouble blasting thru that stuff on your own.

If he can get caught up, here's our upcoming agenda:
Threnal: East3, South1-3, Outdoor minis1-3
Take level 13
Desert stuff
Necro3
6 House quests, we'll see how many we need to run to keep our 3rd lifers on pace
Take level 14

Chances are we'll want to run all of those house quests. Level 12 content is fairly thin (Lordsmarch1, Cursed Crypt, finish Desert flags, Dairy Queen, Invaders) so we'll need to allow our 3rd lifers opportunity to bank up. If U20 drops in the middle of all that, all bets are off, but we'll see.

My intention is to bounce between the Desert and Necro3. Both packs have been known to "drag on" so we'll try a little variety to keep everyone awake. Aletys is on rat maze.

dteowner

Shoegazer

November 3rd, 2013, 22:35
Can we organise the rat maze for the week I'm away?

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread