|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - Interview @ Levelsave

Default Dark Souls II - Interview @ Levelsave

November 1st, 2013, 08:16
Levelsave interviews Namco Bandai's Community Manager J. Kartje about Dark Souls II.

Those worried that Dark Souls II was going to be an easy affair, fret not because From Software has brought back one of the most challenging aspects of Demon’s Souls. When you die you don’t come back with full health but with a 25% decrease in your health bar, this percentage will actually double each time you die so if your not careful and don’t recover your soul, you’ll be in a heap of trouble before you can blink.

After playing through the demo I was able to snag an interview with J. Kartje, Community Manager for Namco Bandai America and overall cool dude, where we got to talk about the upcoming release.
More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 1st, 2013 at 10:25.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 1st, 2013, 08:16
When you die you don’t come back with full health but with a 25% decrease in your health bar, this percentage will actually double each time you die so if your not careful and don’t recover your soul, you’ll be in a heap of trouble before you can blink.
Oh dear…

Sadistic Japs, you can actually see (*) the glee when talking about all the ways they are gonna kill you

(* its the ancient reveal vid that everyone has seen, just thought it illustrative of the satisfaction they get from their job I instantly liked these guys…)

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 09:43
Its up to the players to find the weapons, he says… How might I go about finding

– Geo – “Dark Flame Stone Dagger” and “Dark Flame Stone Shield”
– Biccamera, Kojima, Sofmap, Furuhon Ichiba – “Yellow Crystal Long Sword” and “Yellow Crystal Shield”
– Game Tsutaya, Yamada Denki, Best Denki – “Chained Hand Axe” and “Chained Wood Shield”
– Yodobashi Camera – “Small Mace” and “Small Timber Shield”
– Amazon.co.jp – “Criminal Cane” and “Criminal Leather Shield”

hmmmm?

SirJames

Sentinel

November 1st, 2013, 09:55
Were those in #1 ?

Umm, didn't find a single one of them.
I've browsed the Wiki a bit after finishing the game, Mostly to understand how Covenants work and I t has come to my attention that I probably missed lots of stuff despite putting more than 70 hours on the first play through! Brilliant

Really trying hard not to start another play through too soon but I'll probably gonna fail right around christmas…

The only question is NG+ with the Knight or new game with a magic user… Hmm…

Edit: Wait are those Special per retailer items?
Shame if so ?

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 11:28
Hey.. some1 needs to tell these guys that the PC version (downloadable) shouldn't be at the same price as the BOX for PS and XBOX !!
I'm not gonna preorder it just out of principle

borcanu

muist

November 1st, 2013, 15:31
I don't care, those guys made the best game in years, I don't mind giving them extra money.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 16:29
Publisher crap (same with the exclusive items if I got it right) can't really blame the Developer.

I have preordered the Physical (metal case) version from amazon.uk. Its gonna cost me something less than 45 Euros. I am more than ok with that (hey I am going to be getting hundreds of hours for 8 euros from #1!) and its been a while since I've added to my physical collection…

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 16:51
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
Were those in #1 ?

Umm, didn't find a single one of them.
I've browsed the Wiki a bit after finishing the game, Mostly to understand how Covenants work and I t has come to my attention that I probably missed lots of stuff despite putting more than 70 hours on the first play through! Brilliant

Really trying hard not to start another play through too soon but I'll probably gonna fail right around christmas…

Edit: Wait are those Special per retailer items?
Shame if so ?
Yeah, they're retailer specific pre-order bonus' for people in Japan. I hate stuff like that!

Leave me wondering if that means 10 items have been removed from the game with the hope that some people in Japan will buy 5 copies…

Does it mean that there are 10 items missing from the North American release or are they still working out the retailers? Even if these items were never placed in the world they COULD have been.

Is this a sign of overpowered microtransaction DLC weapon packs?

The brand is established pretty well so maybe it's time to over monetize it?

Will they be items the play starts with making them overpowered?

I'm sure the pirate copy will be cracked to include all the pre-order bonus', as always.

new magic user!

SirJames

Sentinel

November 1st, 2013, 16:52
less than 45E .. wow
for me its 60$ .. and its digital

borcanu

muist

November 1st, 2013, 17:05
Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
Yeah, they're retailer specific pre-order bonus' for people in Japan. I hate stuff like that!
Yeah, I really wish that stuff would go away but it seems they are here to stay. Lets wait and see, too early to jump to conclusions and pre-order special don't always tie to all that other crap.

In the end I can just Ignore that shit the same way I ignored bethesda's back in the Oblivion days. I understand it will totally screw PvP though and I kinda doubt Namco is that dumb…

Originally Posted by borcanu View Post
less than 45E .. wow
for me its 60$ .. and its digital
Well with todays prices 45 E = 60$ or there about. You will not have a physical version but you'll be probably playing the game quite a few days ahead of me (it takes at least 8 days to get a package from Amazon)…

Originally Posted by SirJames View Post
new magic user!
I am kinda leaning that way to be honest What is your problem with NG+ though ?
Doesn't sound that bad and I definitely wanna go once with the Knight. I might even put that Greatsword with the 20 int req. I stupidly made to use finally

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 18:34
Originally Posted by JonNik View Post
I am kinda leaning that way to be honest What is your problem with NG+ though ?
Doesn't sound that bad and I definitely wanna go once with the Knight. I might even put that Greatsword with the 20 int req. I stupidly made to use finally
Well, I have a couple of problems with it…

Firstly, no new items! Boss soul gear sucks so being able to make the alternative soul item isn't that appealing to me. I've just munched every boss soul in my later plays.

Secondly, most players are in normal game and I want lots of invasions! You're better off staying around level 120 in the DLC area or forest hunters area if you want to play endgame PvP.

I think by the time you get to NG++ you'll have no one at all around to play with! I've killed people in normal mode who were waaaaay higher than me (and my highest endgame build is 119) who haven't moved on to NG+

SirJames

Sentinel

November 1st, 2013, 18:52
I haven't been following this too close, I know they said they were going to give more time to m&k support this time around.

Has there been any info or confirmation on that? I'd pick it up with proper m&k support.

I already know that most people think this game must be played with a controller and I've already debated that in many threads and don't want to do it in this one.

sakichop

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2013, 21:48
It works fine with m&k we are several people here who play with that, well not only play it but play through it and play PvP with it.

With DS fix and DSm fix and correct settings, it works very smooth, if you need help configuring we can help you. Not to mention it'll look great.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dark Souls II - Interview @ Levelsave