|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age: Inquisition - DigiExpo Gameplay

Default Dragon Age: Inquisition - DigiExpo Gameplay

November 11th, 2013, 01:54
BioWare was at the DigiExpo 2013 showing off Dragon Age: Inquisition. As usual a random attendee captured the presentation with his mobile phone. Here is the 30 minute presentation below enjoy everyone.

More information.
Last edited by Couchpotato; November 12th, 2013 at 20:19.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 11th, 2013, 01:54
To be honest, I like a lot what I see here gameplay-wise - I wouldn't have expected the game to be in such a state already, given it's over a year away from being released. This gives me a little bit of hope there'll be some polishing this time. However, I'm also a little bit sad, because (if it wasn't already) it's kinda official now, that BioWare has only one single story for each game. Saving the world. THAT'S FUCKING IT. Nothing original whatsoever.

Say about Dragon Age II what you want, but at least they tried to do something interesting/different there. 3, on the other hand, is back to the roots of just saving the world AGAIN. I'm just hoping my favorite characters return gloriously, because plot wise there doesn't seem to be much else to look forward to.

Malkavian

Watcher

November 11th, 2013, 03:42
Originally Posted by Malkavian View Post
To be honest, I like a lot what I see here gameplay-wise - I wouldn't have expected the game to be in such a state already, given it's over a year away from being released. This gives me a little bit of hope there'll be some polishing this time. However, I'm also a little bit sad, because (if it wasn't already) it's kinda official now, that BioWare has only one single story for each game. Saving the world. THAT'S FUCKING IT. Nothing original whatsoever.

Say about Dragon Age II what you want, but at least they tried to do something interesting/different there. 3, on the other hand, is back to the roots of just saving the world AGAIN. I'm just hoping my favorite characters return gloriously, because plot wise there doesn't seem to be much else to look forward to.
So if they just make a carbon copy of DAO but make it so you don't save the world then it will be interesting and original?

I mean, you could have 10 games where the goal is to save the world at the end but they could be totally different and original or you could have 10 games in which you don't save the world that are boring and cookie cutter.

To me it's the story and stuff you do that gets you to the end that makes it interesting and original, not just solely the end goal.

Besides in my experience most endings are pretty lame anyway whether your saving the world or not so I'm more concerned with the content before the end.

Btw, you do realize that you said Bioware could only make 1 kind of story and then gave an example of a game they made that was different which incidentally was widely considered to be terrible.

sakichop

SasqWatch

November 11th, 2013, 03:43
Most every RPG I have ever played (in over 30 years since I have been playing CRPGs) have been a version of save the world. I like it if it is done well, and Bioware has almost always done that very well in my view.

NFLed

Sentinel

November 11th, 2013, 04:49
Real C&C, open-region exploration with no rails, destructible terrain, tactical combat options, strategic resource management of captured lands…

I have become as much of a Bioware hater as anybody, but dare I say…Bioware may have actually put on their big boy pants when designing this RPG…

Color me intrigued…

Fantasm

Watchdog

November 11th, 2013, 06:18
It looks pretty decent. The heads up camera angle alone is a big improvement over the other DA games.

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor

November 11th, 2013, 06:34
This looks great. I know it's the new in thing here to hate bioware, but they have done some awesome things over the years and one game(DA2) isn't enough to ruin that for me.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

November 11th, 2013, 07:43
Haven't seen the full thing yet, but all I can snark about right now is that they totally ripped that small little compass thing from Skyrim. Blank colors and all.

siveon

Traveler

November 11th, 2013, 08:07
"enemies will not automatically scale"
good!

Doesn't seem quite as much anime style as DA:2, praise the lord!

I've enjoyed Biowares games with one single exception, DA2, that I stopped playing after a couple of hours in a rage over teleporting and parachuting enemies.

Looking forward.

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

November 11th, 2013, 08:09
Originally Posted by Malkavian View Post
…- I wouldn't have expected the game to be in such a state already, given it's over a year away from being released.
Not surprising at all. Remember that this game was on a verge of being released when EA, probably fearing another DA2 debacle, decided to give Bioware another year.
And yes, I like what I'm seeing too.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

November 11th, 2013, 08:55
Hey that didn't look half bad! Definitely started to win me over a bit when it switched to the tactical view

Up until then I was a bit meh about the tone and gameplay despite a couple of pretty obvious and rather nice improvements: Big open maps and actual CnC (going beyond your relationship with your followers)…

All in all I am definitely keeping an open mind for this one. I am going to let the watch put it through its paces for a while though

A prerelease demo would be nice also…

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 11th, 2013, 10:16
Impressive. I like what I see here. With another year of polish and tuning, DA3 could end up being an excellent game.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 11th, 2013, 11:53
Thank god the benny hill combat that was in DA2 has gone.

Ashbery76

Watchdog

November 11th, 2013, 12:57
Well, what do you know? BioWare is putting together a fine looking and dynamic RPG.
Visuals are great, no question about it. And it took almost a half of video to show the tactical combat which is a big + and so it got my attention.
A decent RPG from BioWare is much needed and looking forward to DA3. But, nothing beats "The Witcher"! Nothing!

Black Rune

Watcher

November 11th, 2013, 13:29
I don't care if the goal is to save the world or to save Jeena from an attack of mosquitoes, but what matters to me is the tactical combat, and looks like they added that back from DA:O. Maybe I should play DA2 I got for like $4 in a Steam sale if only for continuity to DA3

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

November 11th, 2013, 15:11
Originally Posted by Ashbery76 View Post
Thank god the benny hill combat that was in DA2 has gone.
It has returned for the Sage class in SWTOR; developed by Bioware, too …
(Background : After the infamous "H2F", "make them pay" & "L2P" comment of a dev, one forum member illustrated the currentgameplay oif the SAge class and its mirror, the Sorceror class, with an Benny Hill video in which Benny Hill runs away in circles from policepersons … - Which is, cynics (not just me, I'm just one of them) say/believe to be what the class developers want the Sage class to be played like …)

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 11th, 2013, 15:25
I was hoping for something new, but this is the same demo they showed off a few months ago. Also, the game is still on track for a fall 2014 release, so it's (hopefully) not over a year away.

Zborno

Watcher

November 11th, 2013, 15:26
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
(Background : After the infamous "H2F", "make them pay" & "L2P" comment of a dev, one forum member illustrated the currentgameplay oif the SAge class and its mirror, the Sorceror class, with an Benny Hill video in which Benny Hill runs away in circles from policepersons - Which is, cynics (not just me, I'm just one of them) say/believe to be what the class developers want the Sage class to be played like )
Oh come on, after such intro you could have at least included a link :>

fungus

Watchdog

November 11th, 2013, 16:25
Wow! I'm impressed. The world shown here is beautiful! Love the different colored moss on the rocks… Animations look good… Really excited. Another year?? Gah.

ChaosTheory

Sentinel

November 11th, 2013, 16:40
Originally Posted by fungus View Post
Oh come on, after such intro you could have at least included a link :>
He can't include a link because he made it all up! (just kidding Alrik)

zahratustra

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age: Inquisition - DigiExpo Gameplay