|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Everquest Next - Preview @ PC Gamer

Default Everquest Next - Preview @ PC Gamer

November 13th, 2013, 13:54
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post

Unfortunately, it's still one of the most shallow toy boxes of a game I've ever played - but that's another story.
Haha can't said it better myself

As for EQNext, I really have zero hope for it given the direction SOE have taken in their other games recently. If you die in EQ2 now, a box will pop up asking for you to revive at the nearest way point or you can pay cash and revive where you died…
lostforever is offline

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

#21

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,032

Default 

November 13th, 2013, 15:01
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
As for EQNext, I really have zero hope for it given the direction SOE have taken in their other games recently. If you die in EQ2 now, a box will pop up asking for you to revive at the nearest way point or you can pay cash and revive where you died…
That's your reason to lost hope on company? How they handle death? I suggest you do not watch the latest round table video on the death penalty in EQNext (or maybe check it because seen the dev having no idea how they will handle it is quite revealing).

I used to be interested in EQNext, but each new round table makes me think that it's going to be the next lobby-game on the market. I call MMOs where you can zip-zap everywhere and with a bunch of ultra-convenient features lobby-games. I already got GW2 for that, I don't need another one.

Now though, landmark is a prettier Minecraft mixed with NWN GM feature (once everything is in place to allow players to place mobs and scripts events) and that looks a lot more interesting to me. Not sure of the end result though…
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#22

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,470

Default 

November 13th, 2013, 16:09
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
That's your reason to lost hope on company? How they handle death? I suggest you do not watch the latest round table video on the death penalty in EQNext (or maybe check it because seen the dev having no idea how they will handle it is quite revealing).

I used to be interested in EQNext, but each new round table makes me think that it's going to be the next lobby-game on the market. I call MMOs where you can zip-zap everywhere and with a bunch of ultra-convenient features lobby-games. I already got GW2 for that, I don't need another one.

Now though, landmark is a prettier Minecraft mixed with NWN GM feature (once everything is in place to allow players to place mobs and scripts events) and that looks a lot more interesting to me. Not sure of the end result though…
That is one of the reasons. The *real* cash for death/revive thing is their latest "bright" idea! One of my friend was joking that next they will add a button next to raid boss and if you press it and pay real cash you get instant kill!
lostforever is offline

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

#23

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,032

Default 

November 13th, 2013, 16:17
Originally Posted by lostforever View Post
That is one of the reasons. The *real* cash for death/revive thing is their latest "bright" idea! One of my friend was joking that next they will add a button next to raid boss and if you press it and pay real cash you get instant kill!
Don't give the devs ideas…
azarhal is offline

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

#24

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,470
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Everquest Next - Preview @ PC Gamer
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:51.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch