|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Might & Magic X - Meet the Team & Retro Mode

Default Might & Magic X - Meet the Team & Retro Mode

December 13th, 2013, 19:26
There are two more update for Might & Magic X in the last few days. The first update is part of the meet the team articles were we are introduced to Sound Designer Jan.

Screeching doors, the thump of a lever that slides into the correct position. A dead enemy falling to the ground. The delightful *ding* of leveling up. The sound of wind bustling through the leaves as your party strolls around, looking for new adventures - sound is an essential ingredient for immersion. But who makes the sounds for MMX, and how? Jan, sound designer and sound engineer, started working for Limbic Entertainment at the beginning of November. He talked to me about the sounds he makes for MMX, and what can be done to keep game sound from getting boring.
The second update gives a look at the Retro mode of the game.

For those of you who love the pixels, there will be a retro mode in the final release of the game (as mentioned already in this vote article). You will then be able to toggle your graphic mode to pixelated in the graphics options. Check out the screenshots below, but don't search for the retro mode option in your Early Access Version - it's not there yet.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 13th, 2013, 19:26
A kind of funny adddition…but…why??? If I want to play with pixelated graphics I can replay the older iterations instead. I wonder if ANYONE will actually play with this option enabled. Probably not?

tomasp3n

Watchamacallit?

December 14th, 2013, 01:51
Originally Posted by tomasp3n View Post
A kind of funny adddition…but…why??? If I want to play with pixelated graphics I can replay the older iterations instead. I wonder if ANYONE will actually play with this option enabled. Probably not?
Eh, sometimes the 3D graphics can be that awful. This may not be the case here, but I might playthrough it once like this for shits and giggles.

siveon

Traveler

December 14th, 2013, 05:22
Retro mode seems silly. Anyway, I have high hopes for this game even though as far as I know, nobody from the original team is involved. I hope that "retro mode" option isn't an indication they're relying on nostalgia, alone, to sell this game.
Last edited by CraigCWB; December 14th, 2013 at 07:25.

CraigCWB

Sentinel

December 14th, 2013, 17:41
Wtf?

Morrandir

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

December 14th, 2013, 17:44
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Wtf?
Well they had a vote and this is one of the things people wanted. Blame the game community as is usually the case in open development.

Hope that explains your WTF?

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Might & Magic X - Meet the Team & Retro Mode