|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Patch 1.32 Released

Default RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Patch 1.32 Released

December 22nd, 2013, 09:43
The developers of Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny HD have a new forum post with news that a new patch is now available. Here are some of the changes, and updates.

Patch 1.32, 21st of December 2013

• Completely reworked user interface
    • clear Character Screen
    • extended Tooltips
    • intuitive handling
    • Questbook improved (Mark completed Quests, Sorting)
    • Travelmap and Battlescreen with Camera control icons
  • New Non Player Characters
    • From walkers in the streets to the healer
    • individual Faces
    • Authentic “Thorwalsh”
    • Guards with traditional Skraja
  • Completely new Music (Original score can be optionally activated)
  • Massive Performance Improvements
  • Significant Optical Improvement on all game Scenes (Towns, Dungeons, Battles)
  • Linux Version
  • Beginner mode (choose on new Game)
  • Optional Automatic Levelups
  • Complete Data-Modding-Ability, even with multiple independent Modules
  • Rebalancing Trader Buy Pricing
  • Trader locks you out when trying to haggle too hard
  • Taverns lock you out when being caught stealing / cheating
  • Levelup adapted (Vitality/AE distribution, grand meditation for magicians)
  • Combat and Autocombat Bugfixes
  • AI-Wizards use more different Spells
  • Autocombat also uses Magic
  • Reinforcements appear at the exits
  • Waterskins are refilled in Taverns (with the first beer) and Hostels (when eating)
  • Ingame-Console is saved to a textfile for later reference
  • 40 new Steam Achievements (including Stats)
  • Steam Cloud Integration (Online-Backup of Savegames)
  • Potion effects don’t stack any more
  • New Spell “Break Domination” (to counter Horriphobus, Evil Eye)
  • English Map
  • Corrected Town Names
  • Many texting issues fixed
  • Problem with Unity Crash when having Corrupted Font Files fixed
  • "Campfire Chitchat" with valuable tips for the Heroes depending on their current situation (thanks to Fujak Loganson for the implementation and writing!)

Thanks for sending in the link Avantenor.

More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

December 22nd, 2013, 09:43
Awesome. It starts to be a playable game
After finishing The Age of Decadence with 2 arch types i am gonna have a look at this game.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

December 22nd, 2013, 13:05
"Starts" is the key word here. I will give it another 2 or 3 months.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

December 22nd, 2013, 14:44
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
Same here though it is tempting to buy it before then at the sale price of $9.99 on Steam. I've seen people talking about the next big patch being 1.4, so I'll probably wait until then.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

December 22nd, 2013, 14:55
I was going to ask "are they thee yet?" but I guess you guys are saying hold off? I never played the original…

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

December 22nd, 2013, 15:37
Pretty impressive how they working on it to make up for the poor release (about which enuf has been said already). Haven't seen many other developers so committed to making up for such mistakes and it could turn out to be a good game, certainly many of Steam comments are slowly changing their tune. I'm going to be waiting until they're done though, however long that takes. Guessing 2-3 months, at least, like Zahra.

Roq

Seeker
RPGWatch Donor

December 22nd, 2013, 15:44
It's definitely getting better. At least it's in a state that it looks playable. It is a major overhaul of the user interface, new character models and more interior backgrounds for the text windows instead of plain doors. If you've played the game before, you can see the difference in this (german) Let's Play of v1.32: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBV4J2ETr0g Watch out how the skill screen was modified and how you can see what attributes are necessary for the different skills, similar like in Drakensang.

Crafty has plans to release some kind of retail Gold Edition early next year (January/February). 1.32 was the last patch before that gold release. So the next update will be the Gold Edition release, also coming for the initial release.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

December 22nd, 2013, 15:45
It's a personal opinion boo, but I don't think that they are there yet

Originally Posted by Avantenor View Post
It's definitely getting better. At least it's in a state that it looks playable.
Playable? Yes. Enjoyable? Not quite yet.
Last edited by zahratustra; December 22nd, 2013 at 15:58.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

December 22nd, 2013, 16:04
I hope they do finally get it right. Originally IIRC the plan was to remake all three titles and I am interested in playing the remade ones. I love the originals but unfortunately old titles like these don't always hold up well even when I try and keep in mind the ages of the games.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

December 22nd, 2013, 16:27
Playable? Yes. Enjoyable? Not quite yet.
Can you describe what you find lacking? I (personally) was pleasantly surprised with the changes and think the game has become a lot more enjoyable because of it. In my opinion, the game reflects the atmosphere and gameplay of the original far better than before.

Zerotown

SasqWatch

December 22nd, 2013, 16:50
The game is playable and enjoyable, and I played it 2 patches ago. If you're waiting for perfection or some dreamed of ideal state for the game, you'll be waiting forever. Now is a great time to play it and yeah, it is a fun game.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team

December 22nd, 2013, 18:43
I find it rather difficult to believe that the still don't allow us to remap the inputs. I find the game almost unplayable right now because the input scheme is so awkward. I want to be able to remap the A and D keys to left and right strafe rather than turning, and I want to be able to us the mouse for full mouselook without holding the button. Without those changes, I really can't play the game. It's like going back and trying to play an FPS from the 90's. And yes, I realize that this is an old-school RPG, but it is played largely in first-person, so I expect the control scheme to be designed to be played like one.

Clocknova

Watcher

December 22nd, 2013, 18:55
Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
The game is playable and enjoyable, and I played it 2 patches ago. If you're waiting for perfection or some dreamed of ideal state for the game, you'll be waiting forever. Now is a great time to play it and yeah, it is a fun game.
Well said,
yeah I have been waiting and waiting — partly to avoid disappointment and partially being cheap. But man after what I spent on Christmas Presents, lattes at Starbucks yesterday — surely I can drop $10 on some guys who have faithfully done the updates— unlike a lot of these early releases that seem to fund their dev based on completion "hope". They really have been good about it.

benetar

Watcher

December 22nd, 2013, 19:06
Yep! v1.4 maybe will be worth the wait.

mercy

Sentinel

December 22nd, 2013, 19:58
Originally Posted by benetar View Post
…surely I can drop $10 on some guys who have faithfully done the updates— unlike a lot of these early releases that seem to fund their dev based on completion "hope". They really have been good about it.
Yeah, right! Some other assholes released a totally fucked up game and now those guys have to work their butts off to fix it. God bless their little busy hearts.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

December 22nd, 2013, 20:55
Yeah, right! Some other assholes released a totally fucked up game and now those guys have to work their butts off to fix it. God bless their little busy hearts.
Yeah- I was pissed also (glad I did not buy it then— I still am Mad at Derek Smart for his debacle) But I just sprung— and downloading now.

Not everyone can be total scumbags— guess I am taking a chance. Spent $12 on lunch yesterday and it sucked too.

Let you know how my first impression is.

benetar

Watcher

December 23rd, 2013, 00:07
I wouldn't defend their first release, but I can acknowledge goodwill and real effort to correct a mistake. If somebody is willing to learn, I'm willing to give him another chance.

A-Van-Te-Nor: A big car full of black hot beverage

Avantenor

Sentinel

December 23rd, 2013, 00:43
Originally Posted by Clocknova View Post
I find it rather difficult to believe that the still don't allow us to remap the inputs. I find the game almost unplayable right now because the input scheme is so awkward. I want to be able to remap the A and D keys to left and right strafe rather than turning </snip>
You can re-define keys when the game starts: a dialogue menu appears in which you can set your resolution etc. There's a tab called 'input'. Just press that and map away. Also, to switch between strafing and turning, just press F8.

Zerotown

SasqWatch

December 23rd, 2013, 16:07
Yeah, thanks. I don't know how I missed that.

Clocknova

Watcher

December 23rd, 2013, 17:55
Judging from that youtube LP, there have been massive improvements from earlier versions. Also, NPCs actually look like human beings, instead of the moronic-looking big-handed zombies they were before.

Originally Posted by Fluent View Post
Looks like it may actually be time to finally try this out.

cacaro

Codexian Spy

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RoA: Blade of Destiny HD - Patch 1.32 Released