|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards - Chapter 4 On Early Access

Default Blackguards - Chapter 4 On Early Access

December 30th, 2013, 09:53
Daedalic Entertainment announce in a new post on Steam that Chapter Four of Blackguards is now available for Early Access buyers.

Chapter 4 released

Hi there,

We hope you had a great Christmas and you are now fully recovered to visit the new chapter 4 of Blackguards. And because there are always some people who have to work at New Years Eve we thougt we release the update on Sunday. And because we couldn't wait to share it with you.

So have a lot of fun with this chapter and don't stop giving us your feedback. Again we did adjustments with the difficulty level, so let us know if it is to hard for you now .

Have fun and stay awesome,

Your Blackguards team
More information.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

December 30th, 2013, 09:53
I'm at the end of chapter 3 now and as a tactical combat crpg fan I have lots of fun!

Buy this one, because I want more of it

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

December 30th, 2013, 10:19
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
I'm at the end of chapter 3 now and as a tactical combat crpg fan I have lots of fun!

Buy this one, because I want more of it
haha. well ok i will
Serious, this game is indeed fun to play with. Guess i am a sucker for turnbased games.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

December 30th, 2013, 14:43
Bought it during a steam flash sale. Waiting to play it though, I want the whole game first

Yme

Sentinel

December 30th, 2013, 14:47
Originally Posted by Yme View Post
Bought it during a steam flash sale. Waiting to play it though, I want the whole game first
That was my plan, too. But then I tried out one map,… another one, … just one more, … I can't stop playing it

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

December 30th, 2013, 16:00
I played through Chapter One about 3-4 times and that was enough for me. I need more than just battles to get me going and I had no empathy at all with the main characters. I don't generally do well with games that have no exploration. Still, I bought it early access HiddenX, so they gots my money

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 30th, 2013, 17:00
That was my plan, too. But then I tried out one map, another one, just one more, I can't stop playing it
I'll consider myself warned then, I thought about playing it for just a bit…

Yme

Sentinel

December 30th, 2013, 17:56
Well, I can say that with Chapter 3 has more going for it than just battles. There's no real exploration, but there's quite a bit of places to go around and look for quests and stuff between the combats.

Polyester

Watchdog

December 30th, 2013, 18:06
Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
Well, I can say that with Chapter 3 has more going for it than just battles. There's no real exploration, but there's quite a bit of places to go around and look for quests and stuff between the combats.
That is nice to hear since i bought the game a few hours ago after hiddenx forced me

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

December 30th, 2013, 19:26
Unless it was at gunpoint … In any case, I hope you have fun! I really wish that Blackguards is a major success and there'll be more of it to come!

Polyester

Watchdog

December 31st, 2013, 05:39
I just got the game recently and I'm enjoying it. It's even better than expected and an interesting twist/nice change of pace from other RPG styles.

Voqar

PC Gaming Snob

January 1st, 2014, 17:52
I'm at the end of chapter 4 after 51 hours - now I have to wait for the end of January for the final part.

Last edited by HiddenX; January 3rd, 2014 at 14:45.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 3rd, 2014, 12:38
I'm athe the end of chapter 4 after 51 hours - now I have to wait for the end of January for the final part.
I'm through with chapter 4 as well. I hate it to wait for the final chapter… BIG TIME!!!

Gulag

Watcher

January 4th, 2014, 00:24
Well, I played the tutorial last night and thought it was the most confusing pile of manure I've ever seen and I usually love tactical turn based games and I also have enjoyed all the previous Aventuria games. If it doesn't get MUCH better quickly, it won't get played by me!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

January 4th, 2014, 00:35
Corwin, you should calm down, how about visiting Colorado for a day or two? I'm planning it soon so we could meet and exchange the smoke experience.
And I'm still waiting for the input on Nowhere Boys (is it or not a government conspiracy on TV)!

Anyway, not touching that game till it's finished. I have it for ages now as early access, but no way I'll play it three weeks prior to the full release.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

January 4th, 2014, 00:44
@Corwin

What things/rules are confusing for you? - the rules are simple, but you get a lot of posssibilities to build your characters - that's the fun for me.

Depending on how you build your characters you have to develop a combat style - it's up to you.

You need close combat and ranged combat skills. You need healing skills.
You need magic attacks, but don't rely on it.
-> train your mages to rangers,too, so they can fight when mana is empty.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 4th, 2014, 02:51
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Well, I played the tutorial last night and thought it was the most confusing pile of manure I've ever seen and I usually love tactical turn based games and I also have enjoyed all the previous Aventuria games. If it doesn't get MUCH better quickly, it won't get played by me!!
You didn't really say what was confusing but here's a rules guide I found quite useful. I didn't find the game confusing but I did wish they would tell you more about what's happen under the hood. Anyways hope this helps it was made by Felipepepe. So thanks go out to him.

http://http://steamcommunity.com/app/249650/guides/?browsefilter=trend&filetype=11

sakichop

SasqWatch

January 4th, 2014, 09:52
Thank you for this useful Blackguard guide, Felipepepe.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

January 4th, 2014, 11:07
Thank you for this useful Blackguard guide, Felipepepe.
I thought that name was familiar. Let me add my thanks also Felipepepe.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team

January 5th, 2014, 00:22
The system rules are not confusing, the game is. I have no idea what was supposed to be happening in that tutorial; it told me nothing!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Blackguards - Chapter 4 On Early Access