|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Xenus 2: Back to Hell (mod WIP)

Default Xenus 2: Back to Hell (mod WIP)

May 2nd, 2012, 07:27
I'll need a few more days for the new version of program, because I have a lot of other works to do.

myers90

Watcher

Send a message via ICQ to myers90

January 8th, 2014, 13:26
Project be finished? Where can I download? I have a great desire to play!

Jim-Beam

Traveler

February 8th, 2014, 22:16
No, it was froozen for a long time, because of an AI map problem, but the problem is solved now, so I working on the project again… slowly, as my time let me do it!

myers90

Watcher

February 10th, 2014, 16:50
Hi myers90, I plan on releasing some updated The Precursors and White Gold patches soon, but one problem with both is that I can only fix errors in the dialogue system, but not bad triggers in the world itself or similar. Do you know an easy way to edit these? Like with Bloodlines I don't need to edit the whole map and recompile it, but there is a tool to just edit entities on the map. Is something like this in the DeepShadows SDK?

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

February 10th, 2014, 19:19
Yes, you can use the leveledit from the Precursors beta. Some time ago I wrote an isntruction for it in this topic (first page, a long wrote), but it may contains some of my misunderstandings… but I think I didn't mistaked in the entity editing part I will edit this post, and correct the wrong thoughs, and fill with some new.

myers90

Watcher

February 12th, 2014, 22:00
Ah, I forgot. The problem is that I don't even get the level editor or other tools to work with White Gold! Which files do I need? Just copying over the additional files doesn't work and I don't dare to overwrite existing ones in the White Gold folder out of fear to mess up the game itself. Even for editing the resource file I move it over into The Precursors folder…

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

February 13th, 2014, 19:04
I can't tell you exactly which files do you need, because I build my mod from a "clear sdk" what I made, and I don't have an installed Precursors or Xenus 2 on my computer in the moment. But if you want to be safety, then copy the _leveledit2.exe to your Xenus 2 directory, and if you try to run it, it will ask for the missing dlls or other files. You don't have to overwrite any files, but I recommend to always make a backup of resource.qrc!

myers90

Watcher

February 15th, 2014, 22:19
myers90,are you still working on this mod?
i was looking forward to some new content for xenus 2.

i never thought i be this old!

DONKEYARSE

Watcher

February 17th, 2014, 15:02
Myers90, would you be willing to look into some Xenus 2 mission issues while you don't work on your mod? It's mostly about bad location pointers or quests triggering again after they have already been finished…

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

February 18th, 2014, 20:35
Of course, just write down what is the problem in which mission and exactly where!

myers90

Watcher

February 19th, 2014, 14:45
Originally Posted by myers90 View Post
Of course, just write down what is the problem in which mission and exactly where!
Uh, I hope I still remember the problems correctly. This is what comes to my head:

1) On the first island there are two bandits playing chess or cards or something. I think when you talk to them they ask you to kill someone, but the quest pointer is far away in the middle of the ocean!

2) On the second island there is a guy called Sebastian asking for a statuette. As far as I know the coordinates of this are off, it's in the ocean, also the quest triggers again when you go there again!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

February 19th, 2014, 17:24
Okay, I'll take a look on it tonight!

myers90

Watcher

February 20th, 2014, 15:38
Originally Posted by myers90 View Post
No, it was froozen for a long time, because of an AI map problem, but the problem is solved now, so I working on the project again… slowly, as my time let me do it!
Hi! How did you fix the problem with AI generation?

Nikólay

Traveler

February 20th, 2014, 16:06
I didn't really had to fix it, I've just found the solution: you have to run the engine in developer mode, and it generates the AI map for the current level.

myers90

Watcher

February 21st, 2014, 08:02
It's very cool that the work continues. Looking forward to.

Jim-Beam

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Xenus 2: Back to Hell (mod WIP)