Released kickstarter games

I didn't support it on KS because IIRC I've written that the presentation reminded me on Pirate101 MMO and I didn't like that game unlike Wizard101 MMO.

But now on Steam I see it's a singleplayer game?! How the hell I've got the wrong impression from the presentation?

There is F2P multiplayer(with rather stupid microtransaction system) part that came out little less than year ago.But main goal of dev is 3 part single player RPG.

EDIT: from reviews it seems it's proper cRPG with good writing.

Okay a question then if you know since it doesn't write - what does deluxe edition include? Subtitles? Because it seems the game doesn't contain that option! :wall:

Okay a question then if you know since it doesn't write - what does deluxe edition include? Subtitles? Because it seems the game doesn't contain that option! :wall:

It's most likely game + soundtrack.They have full orchestral soundtrack it was one of big goals on kickstarter.

Been meaning to post this before, thank you for working on this thread. One would lose himself trying to sort through the kickstarter announcements and having one concentrated list of materialized projects is great.

Maybe it's time to move/mirror the topic to the the Kickstarter subforum and have it pinned?

The game has subtitles automatically. I've been enjoying it thus far. I've enjoyed the story and contrary to what RPS has said, I don't find it confusing or hard to follow. There's no respawns and it's pretty linear. You're going to go from point A to point B no matter what, but you have tons of choices to make along the way. I think they did a really good job, sometimes you make the wrong decision and people die, but you keep moving.

Edit: Ok no subtitles in cinematics but they're very few and far between from what I've seen.

Yeah there should be an option for subtitles for the cinematics at least. The in-game dialogue is presented as text but a global subtitles option would be nice; it would obviously be helpful for those with limited hearing and makes for more robust language options down the line (and is particularly helpful for fans unofficial translation plugins for legitimate game purchasers if the devs are slow.)

The lack of subtitles in the Banner Saga is rather lame, the explanation from dev/dev representative is there's a maximum of 10mn of speech without subtitle. Because of the short contents involved and other more important tasks in todo list (wonder which one as for now I don't see any problem in Mac version, except loading that seem a bit long for what they load but it's really minor) the fix of this problem could be delayed.

From what I have played I have fun. My main worry was about having strategic decision to do from dialogs and because of that to be a bit blind to make those decision. It's in part true, in part wrong:
- Dialogs choices often cover subjects with clear consequences even if you can't predict the amount involved you can product more or less the elements involved by your choice.
- The second aspect is as I had bet, there many dialog choices for which it's close to impossible to predict the consequences or all of them. It's not as bad than I expected, it works as accept them with fatality, sort of unpredictable consequences of your choices. I quoted the game tried few time use the Witcher 1 approach to highlight consequences of choices, not in an as elegant and efficient way, but with a clear effort on that on some occasions, good point.

Now those who play only "real" RPG this one is clearly in the category of Tactical RPG, but it takes some distance from the JRPG that used this genre, and do it in its own way even if there's many clear links with JRPG tactical RPG.

That made me remind the controversial Shadowrun return, I'd say it could be considered in middle of RPG and tactical RPG, but also in a way, its approach of Tactical RPG is a lot more original and it succeed better insert many more RPG features. For some other players, the main advantage of The Banner Saga is to use and implement choices in a stronger way and in a more clear way.

For the fights I'm not sure yet, I do enjoy for now what I play in the Banner Saga, but for now I have some doubt I'll get the depth and diversity of possibilities that offer SSR. Anyway for now The Banner Saga is a very satisfying play.

Been meaning to post this before, thank you for working on this thread. One would lose himself trying to sort through the kickstarter announcements and having one concentrated list of materialized projects is great.

Well there isn't any other list(that I know of) of released projects so I made one since I am big crowdfunding enthusiast.

Maybe it's time to move/mirror the topic to the the Kickstarter subforum and have it pinned?

I don't know why I didn't make it there in fist place , also I should have named it released crowdfunding games:(

I don't know why I didn't make it there in fist place , also I should have named it released crowdfunding games:(

Don't feel bad I know how you feel from some of my news-bit titles. ;)

I know it's not easy to do, and I wish I had time to spare to help you. Instead I keep adding to the kickstarters on site.

Allow me to say thank you for taking the time to make the list :salute:

I know it's not easy to do, and I wish I had time to spare to help you. Instead I keep adding to the kickstarters on site.

Allow me to say thank you for taking the time to make the list :salute:

I have more than enough spare time, you would be surprised how little time at work I spend working and how much roaming web(it not that I am lazy just my job is easy).:biggrin:

2 days ago Broken age act 1 has been released for backers, and it will be released for rest on 28th January(I will add it to list than).

So game here it is game that started it all, is there any backer on watch that can share impressions?

Edit: RPS did Wot I think

Last edited:
2 days ago Broken age act 1 has been released for backers, and it will be released for rest on 28th January(I will add it to list than).

So game here it is game that started it all, is there any backer on watch that can share impressions?

Edit: RPS did Wot I think

Reviews have ranged from pretty good but short to extremely positive. It is important to know that purchasing part 1 gets you part 2 free, but that part 1 is a bit short on its own.

Added Dungeon of elements to list.

Game got $21k on KS 1k above goal, kickstarter ended 19th June 2013.Game was lunched Only 3 moths later.

Dev describe it as:"RPG with combat inspired by Dr. Mario & Tetris. Crafting, gear, pets, a branching story, and more."

I didn't find many reviews but they are positive.

And here it is Broken age act 1 has been official released.Game that opened new chapter in indie game industry is finally here.From reviews it looks like game didn't disappoint, it got high score and most "lower"(lowest are around 7/10) score reviews are complaining about short lenght not about quality of the game.But does it stand up to classics of genre?For that we will need to wait for game to be completed with act 2.

Last edited:
I was curious which crowd-funding game did best on with critic and audience so I looked it up here are results if anyone is interested.

Looks like pioneer(well kind of earliest game from this list is Kentucky route zero but crowd funding as viable option started with Double fine's KS) Broken age is very well received so are most adventures even those like Larry or Knock Knock which did badly with critics.One thing that pleasantly surprised me is how well Expeditions:Conquistador was received among players

Wouha never looked up Strike Suit Zero critic score, way too low in my opinion.

Critic list is blasphemic, the top game is an unbalanced one and on the last spot is Larry.

Conquestador's spot is not a surprise, it's a great game and the only KS game I still play a music from here and there.

Critic list is blasphemic, the top game is an unbalanced one and on the last spot is Larry..

There is nothing wrong with FTL. I still enjoy it playing it, and the new enhanced edition is almost ready. It's also free for all backers.;)

I still have to finish Expeditions: Conquistador. I can't find the time with work, and other new games being released. I seriously need a vacation.:(

Back
Top Bottom