|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 2 - Preview @ JumpToGamer

Default Wasteland 2 - Preview @ JumpToGamer

January 21st, 2014, 00:56
Jump To Gamer has posted a new preview of the early beta of Wasteland 2.

One of the most impressive things about Wasteland 2 is the writing. Everything is very descriptive in that you can picture the scene perfectly, and fill in any blanks with your imagination. The writing and dialogue is equally well versed with many characters having a distinct and believable personality. This goes a long way towards providing a suspension of disbelief that may be hard to experience in these cRPGs.
More information.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

January 21st, 2014, 00:56
I really don;t understand why all these reviewers are comparing Wasteland's combat to X-Com's and saying it pulls up short. To me, while I enjoyed it, the new X-Com was a dumbed down version of the old ones and the combat wasn't as satisfying as it could have been. Wasteland 2 plays like an old school top down RPG, something that has been around a lot longer than X-Com. I actually enjoy the combat, but look forward to the changes inXile are promising (targetting, destructible cover). Once they're in place it will be a great game.

I was driving my car.
I crashed and broke my spine.
So, yes, there are things worse in life than never being someone's sweety.

inakaguy

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Wasteland 2 - Preview @ JumpToGamer