|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » D&d games?

Default D&d games?

January 27th, 2014, 19:47
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
Sounds excellent, Jmab - a noble endeavour to be sure.

I very much appreciate your feature list and will definitely be keeping an eye on your progress, as I'm sure other AD&D Watchers will be as well.

P.S: Did you play Knights of the Chalice? If so, what were your impressions? That was a wonderful attempt to bring back those classic turn based AD&D/Goldbox inspired dungeon crawls.
Hi Pessimeister, thanks, I hope people enjoy the game when it's finished - I think there's definitely a gap for this type of game. Pool of Radiance had some "magic", but is pretty dated now, of course. The Baldurs Gates were classics. TOEE was a a pretty good attempt, but it's story was quite lean and it was so combat-heavy that it got a bit stale for me after a while. I'm hoping that Subterranea will give players a fun, party-based, dungeon delving experience, that's the main goal.

I haven't played Knights of the Chalice, but have heard a lot about it. It is the obvious comparison to this game - I do intend to pick up a copy at some point for some "research" (read: tips on what worked well to incorporate into my effort!).

JMab

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » D&d games?