|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Default The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

February 1st, 2014, 16:22
Turbine has taken to bundling another piece of malware with DDO. Unlike Pando, once it is installed, you cannot uninstall it. People are reporting that it reinstalls itself, without your permission.

Here's the thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea…a-step-too-far

It was the night before Hogswatch…

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity - Edgar Allan Poe

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

February 1st, 2014, 21:08
What a load of crap! No Lamm for me.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

February 2nd, 2014, 02:22
I get a site is down message when I click on that link!!!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

February 2nd, 2014, 02:25
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I get a site is down message when I click on that link!!!!
Works for me. Here is the first post.

Spoiler – First Post

And no I wont join the guild. I'm a lone wolf.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 2nd, 2014, 02:43
Thanks, for some reason I'm getting a site is down for maintenance screen every time. Weird. However, you SHOULD join our Guild, you have NO idea what fun you're missing!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

February 2nd, 2014, 08:09
If nothing else, you would gain access to ship buffs and occasionally a useful item is tossed into the guild chest that's open to all. If you hit the Friday sessions, you also get to laugh at Corwin when he dies. It's win-win!

azraelck

Me Grimlock

Send a message via AIM to azraelck Send a message via MSN to azraelck Send a message via Yahoo to azraelck Send a message via Skype™ to azraelck

February 2nd, 2014, 13:49
We have several guild members who prefer to play solo. Just getting access to the ship buffs will make soloing so much easier. The resist shrines will be particularly important at lower levels.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

February 2nd, 2014, 21:10
Originally Posted by Peter Stauffenberg View Post
The resist shrines will be particularly important at lower levels.
I can only stress that.

My Lammannian client currently resists in an .ZIP package nowadays, by the way.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 4th, 2014, 01:28
Soloing with ship buffs makes life much easier….we will not mandate you join us to run stuff…if you want to chat up anyone logged in be sure to use /tell rather then trust they see guild chat. Guild chat can scroll off really fast and there is no special ping sound to let you know someone posted a message.

Send Corwin a pm if you want to be invited, or any of us for that matter if you don't want your toon names public knowledge.

May as well benefit from the ship…it really does help.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

February 4th, 2014, 11:55
I finally managed to ETR my level 28 fighter Peter Stauffenberg yesterday. He has now maxed out all Epic Destinies for fate points. He has now twists tier: 4-2-1.

He is back to level 20 and can finally start working in quests in good destinies like Legendary Dreadnought in quests. It will be great to not spend tany moreime in crappy destinies doing less damage than he's capable of.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg

February 4th, 2014, 11:58
My monk also managed to get to level 28 yesterday and he got 6 mill karma in Martial. He will first ETR for the doublestrike bonus and then a full TR to level 1 to get his third life.

That means I will only have 2 high level toons remaining (a level 26 cleric and a level 28 cleric). The level 26 cleric will get to level 28 and ETR to 20. The level 28 cleric will make a full TR to level 1 once we form a new group that should stay together (alternate between the current Friday team and the new one).

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

February 4th, 2014, 12:00
So after today I will have the following toon levels:
Petresus: Monk level 1
Pitrelon: Artificer level 8
Karlpeter: Fighter / paladin level 16
Peters: Fighter / paladin level 20
Rolfpeter: Cleric level 26
Peterp: Cleric level 28

So I'm not as top heavy as I was.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

February 5th, 2014, 21:27
The log-in issues from earlier have been fixed in case anyone was trying.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

February 6th, 2014, 22:37
FYI, I will be working Saturday. Most likely, I will be working late Friday as well, though I'm not 100% on that. So if I am late, don't wait up.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

February 7th, 2014, 14:09
If we are working on the epics again then I have my newly ETR'ed level 20 fighter available.

Should we maybe consider TR'ing another group that we play together on Fridays? That group can be the backup group in case we don't fill the main Friday group. One reason is that it's easier to catch up the low level quests than the quests we will run on the level 16's.

My level 28 cleric is available for TR'ing back to level 1.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

February 7th, 2014, 14:29
It looks like the new divine epic destiny tree called Divine Crusader will be available in Update 21. This tree seems to be a hybrid between casting and melee and is dps oriented.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

February 7th, 2014, 15:44
Originally Posted by Peter Stauffenberg View Post
Should we maybe consider TR'ing another group that we play together on Fridays? That group can be the backup group in case we don't fill the main Friday group. One reason is that it's easier to catch up the low level quests than the quests we will run on the level 16's.
Given my lack of excitement for character development at epic levels, I'd be all for this. I've got RhoGu already waiting. He's completed Korthos but done absolutely nothing in Stormreach and I believe he's nearly hit 4th rank of lvl2. We had plotted out what everyone was going to run with the next round, but I don't know if everyone has a toon ready to bring around. Aletys seems rather taken with epic gear, so I don't think she's ready to TR just yet. We'll have to see.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 7th, 2014, 20:11
Yes, I'm afraid I am enjoying the epic stuff … it's all new to me & I'm having lots of fun with it …

I guess I could do something with one of the two I started & parked after the enhancement update (a level 4 halfling bard & a level 5 or 6 human druid) … but I'm not really sure I want to play them as currently spec'd, & I really have more than enough active toons to handle at the moment.

Besides … I'd have to empty their inventory first (argh! … *runs*, *hides*, *cries*) …

Aletys

U6P Team

February 7th, 2014, 22:23
Currently, I'm enjoying playing my epic Druid again, and I'd likely enjoy doing some epic stuff with my AA. Having said that, I could also be talked into Peter's idea as well. I think it would be good to run the epics at least once a month just for variety, have our regular Friday toons and perhaps some low levels as Peter suggested for when we have a few weeks with people absent. I'll be away on the 14th and 21st of Feb.

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

RPGWatch Team

February 7th, 2014, 23:39
As of now I have 16 more items to run. I probably can get it done by 5:30 so I will probably roll in late.

azraelck

Me Grimlock

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread