|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

February 10th, 2014, 02:26
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Ultimate Edition is 75% off on Steam for the next 40 hours…

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234080/

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 10th, 2014, 08:05
Is it playable without gamepad and did they make camera beter in PC port?

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 10th, 2014, 08:13
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Is it playable without gamepad and did they make camera beter in PC port?
I would use a gamepad Joxer. Using a keyboard in games like this isn't recommended, and to answer your question no the camera is still the same.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

February 10th, 2014, 08:34
On the console, the camera didn't function as I initially expected, but once I was used to it, it functioned perfectly well. And I agree with CP, regardless of whether you *can* play the game without a pad, you might want to think about whether you'd actually want to. It needs analogue sticks, etc. If you're anti-pad on PC, then it's likely this game is not for you. Which is a shame, as it's really rather good, once you get through that initial acclimatisation period.

mogwins

Sentinel

February 10th, 2014, 11:06
I'm not antipad, it's just - I don't have one.
I have to buy wireless xbox controller for PC anyway (to show some consolelovers what PC can do outside attached to a projector and with wireless headphones not just wireless controller - they can eat their consoles), the problematic part was amazon.com not shiping to my country but then I discovered amazon.co.uk and amazon.de do ship, but forgot about the whole thing.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 10th, 2014, 11:40
I'm not antipad, it's just - I don't have one.
I have to buy wireless xbox controller for PC anyway (to show some consolelovers what PC can do outside attached to a projector and with wireless headphones not just wireless controller - they can eat their consoles), the problematic part was amazon.com not shiping to my country but then I discovered amazon.co.uk and amazon.de do ship, but forgot about the whole thing.
Before you decide to buy a gamepad, what kind of games do you intend to use it for in general? A 360 controller has good sticks, but a terrible d-pad, but to my knowledge, Logitech's later gamepads support both Xinput & DirectInput, and have considerably better D-pads, but worse sticks.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

February 10th, 2014, 13:27
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
Before you decide to buy a gamepad, what kind of games do you intend to use it for in general? A 360 controller has good sticks, but a terrible d-pad, but to my knowledge, Logitech's later gamepads support both Xinput & DirectInput, and have considerably better D-pads, but worse sticks.
My 360 controller has terrible sticks and D-pad. Both register all sorts of directions in addition to, or often instead of, what's being pressed. How can they not make something that measures up to technology from 20 years ago?

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

February 10th, 2014, 13:46
Using a ps3 controller works fantastic

Speak your own words of wisdom instead of quoting someone else's.

NyxVampiria

Semidevilish

February 10th, 2014, 15:16
You're forgetting that I need it just for a demonstration where gamepad quality is the last thing that matters. But I could go for a better one - if it's wireless.
Don't forget, I want the game displayed on one side of a river and played (contolled and heared) from the other side. That's something no console can do and PC can.
The game will be Crysis (1 and 2, got them cheap, didn't buy the third one since I'm not investing into something I won't play myself).

For my own fun, there is a game I can't play on the keyboard. It simply needs a gamepad coordination as the game system is somewhat revolutionary:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/br…le-of-two-sons

Maybe that's a game of the year. And without a gamepad, I can't try and see if it is. For me.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 10th, 2014, 19:43
Weeklong deals on Steam, a couple of perhaps interesting ones.

Grotesque Tactics pack (1 & 2) - 3€
Never bought those games but someone somewhere mentioned them so… I'm mentioning them too.

Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - 5€
A classic. They don't make games like this anymore. Or they do? Haven't noticed.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

February 10th, 2014, 19:54
I really enjoyed Brothers, though I'd strongly advise going in without too many expectations (should you get your hands on a gamepad). It's quite slight, but what's there is very polished.

mogwins

Sentinel

February 10th, 2014, 21:16
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
My 360 controller has terrible sticks and D-pad. Both register all sorts of directions in addition to, or often instead of, what's being pressed. How can they not make something that measures up to technology from 20 years ago?
That's odd. My experience with 360 controllers is that the sticks are quite precise. Has yours seen a lot of use?

Weeklong deals on Steam, a couple of perhaps interesting ones.

Grotesque Tactics pack (1 & 2) - 3€
Never bought those games but someone somewhere mentioned them so… I'm mentioning them too.
I would recommend staying away from these. At least the first one is quite shallow, and the humor managed to fall flat (at least to me). The second one is generally considered to be worse, but I've not played it, so I can't really comment on it.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

February 10th, 2014, 22:47
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
That's odd. My experience with 360 controllers is that the sticks are quite precise. Has yours seen a lot of use?
Not really. The only things I play with it are old arcade games, the odd fighting game, and the occasional modern platformer that doesn't work very well with mouse and keyboard. It could be it's got something wrong with it, but I'm not going to shell out the money for another one just to test it.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

February 10th, 2014, 22:50
It does sound faulty compared to my experience with 360 controllers. I've had 2 which have seen extensive use over the last 5 years without issue. I imagine wired versions go for pennies on eBay now, I'd you did want to experiment.

mogwins

Sentinel

February 10th, 2014, 23:14
If an electronic device does not meet your expectations, return it. Don't mess around. I've gone through a ton of cassette / iphone audio adapters for my car. 90% of them are crap. They are all made in China, of course.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 11th, 2014, 07:09
I've never liked the Xbox controller design myself. I strongly prefer the feel of the PS3-style gamepad and the position of the analog sticks on it.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 11th, 2014, 07:28
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I've never liked the Xbox controller design myself. I strongly prefer the feel of the PS3-style gamepad and the position of the analog sticks on it.
I agree. The only downside is that you need extra software to get the ps3 controller to work. Just don't use Motioninjoy, I find it a terrible tool.

Speak your own words of wisdom instead of quoting someone else's.

NyxVampiria

Semidevilish

February 12th, 2014, 00:22
I actually still have my old Sidewinder game pad and joystick!

We satisfy our endless needs, and justify our bloody deeds, in the name of destiny, and in the name of God.

Icefire

Sentinel
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

February 14th, 2014, 12:17
GoG's got some multiplayer games for sale because of Love Day, but the important thing is that you can get Dungeon Keeper for FREE! It should be a legal requirement for everyone to play that game.

They're also having another D&D sale. Everyone should already have these if they want them. I just wish we'd get some more of the older games.

Menigal

Keeper of the Watch

February 14th, 2014, 13:16
Originally Posted by Menigal View Post
GoG's got some multiplayer games for sale because of Love Day, but the important thing is that you can get Dungeon Keeper for FREE! It should be a legal requirement for everyone to play that game.

They're also having another D&D sale. Everyone should already have these if they want them. I just wish we'd get some more of the older games.
Finally got System Shock 2. I guess that's $1,49 well spent.

abharsair

Grumpmaster
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!