What games are you playing now?

About challenges in the new Thief, they're actually meant to be mutually exclusive most of the time. Because they're about different playstyles. You might be able to complete them all, but I don't think it's designed for you to do so. If you feel compelled, it's an OCD thing ;)

Playing The Witcher 3 preview build. Wooo!

Obiously joking. Did I almost give anyone a stroke?

Thinking I might install and play Alpha Protocol though since I never tried it back in the day but I picked it up during one of the steam sales.

Also the controls seem a bit simplistic. Is there a way to tell a party member to hold his ground like NWN2? I'd like to use Cano to sneak and scout ahead but it's impossible when party members start to follow after a short distance.
Yeah party control isn't one of the highlights of this game…

Playing Baldur's Gate 2 EE. Played this game so many times in the past that I thought that I will never be able to get into in again but I'm liking it so far. "Don't teach hamster to suck eggs" - priceless!

I wonder if any of the old mods are compatible with EE edition...

Yeah party control isn't one of the highlights of this game…

Playing Baldur's Gate 2 EE. Played this game so many times in the past that I thought that I will never be able to get into in again but I'm liking it so far. "Don't teach hamster to suck eggs" - priceless!

I wonder if any of the old mods are compatible with EE edition…

Yes, there are some mods that are compatible with EE! :)

http://pocketplane.net/mambo/

Thanks to the efforts of Kaeloree, Wisp, and Kulyok, several PPG mods are now ready for BG2:EE.

Included in this update are:

Banter Packs
Dungeon Crawl
Dungeon-Be-Gone
Flirt Packs
Kelsey
Keto
Unfinished Business
Assassinations
Back to Brynnlaw
The Sellswords
Xan
de'Arnise Romance
Branwen, Coran, Tiax

Kelsey is now packaged as a unified SOA/TOB install--no more need to download and install two separate components.

Thank you to everyone involved in maintaining and refreshing these mods.

Thrasher I toldya to start it.
You'll be kicked out of it and will return back with another portal. And then again.
And you will know when the addon finale happens as you will have to add Phileasson to your party as a controllable party member, not additional NPC. I suggest doing the finale when you're at least level 10.

Meanwhile I've redone the Thief final circus side mission and this time the gamestopper bug didn't happen. And then I've finished Chapter 6. So much enemies to avoid, KO or kill. Of course not only that, there are many traps, narrow passages and avoiding getting killed in confrontation of two sides - and both want to get their hands on you. While it's great, still it's not a breathtaking mission like a few previous ones, it is kinda designed to persuade you to go hostile. I couldn't resist it and killed a few mobs. Felt sorry for them. :(

But finally I managed to get all 6 possible collectibles in a main story mission and one full collection (plaques) is in my hands. There is a reward - 1900 cash. If I knew it, I'd search for those items more carefully before.
Why? Because the shop got some new items, very nice items, but they charge 28.000 each! :(

Also cracked the baits mystery with obelisks. Did I say I hate respawns? I hate them even more now as for that mystery you must switch areas too many times and that means too many respawns.

Last edited:
Pardon me for not taking advice from random internets without explanations. ;)

Going through the temple now. Up to now the encounter designs have been mostly fun, but this is getting repetitive with mobs of nasty giant crabs. At least the XP is good.

Last edited:
Thrasher, eventually you will have to leave the temple - there is a key item needed to open the lowest level and you don't have it yet.
The first key you got from a water boss. Which means you have to find one more water boss somewhere else. :D

Which doesn't change the fact that it's probably one of the most boring dungeons I had displeasure to encounter :)

Yes but... Only in that dungeon you can find two good items for a spellcaster (the mask and a staff) but it happens late game when you definetly don't need those things any more.
My problem however was... While obviously a case of bad design, I wasn't bored with it, not at all! :D

You just like having your ass kicked by crabs and snails. Pervert! :)

haha. Yes I made it to the bottom last night. I see I am missing a puzzle piece. Well, crap. At least I got a TON of crab carapaces to make some hopefully not to difficult to make armor and maybe sell them for lots of ducats. Also literally hundreds of poison bolts from the snails, and of course I have no one trained to use a crossbow. ;)

A huge repetitive dungeon where you have to deal with the mediocre RTwP combat controls, gets boring really fast. Blackguards turn based combat and encounter design is 20 times better, even if though it doesn't have summoning magic.

For me, so far, the charm of Drakensang 2 is the world design, NPCs and some of the quests; NOT seemingly endless repetitive crab and snail fests. Now, eating them would be a different story.

Last edited:
It's just that dungeon that's too deep, and is also "deep" like DA2. :)
Some people adore Diablo dungeon style so it's there for them.

One thing you ou probably noticed can be (ab)used later at a certain fight… Those crabs cannot be knocked out. Right? Right. And elven summon on a certain level is… And when you face an enemy that adores to KO your whole party… :D

And for me the charm was putting Forgrimm as a party leader and then listening to his yells. ;)

Stick of Truth opens up at midnight GMT on my side so I'm gonna play that next.

Yep, first time I had to use Forgrimm as party leader. But then had to switch to my main spellweaver to run away from the 10 crabs of death Forgrimm pulled. Short moment of glory for him, usually ending in multiple wounds and sometimes unconsciousness. But one of 10 crabs killed in the process. Yay! Rinse and repeat... Lots of bandages recommended.

Re-intalled Morrowind last night (with the overhaul sounds&graphics only).

First, making a character class was harder than I remembered. Not in a UI sense, but in the ability choices sense. I didn't remember that I could use: spears, short blades, long blades, marksman (not just bows), blunt, axes, hand-to-hands and 4 type of armors (light, medium, heavy and unarmored). Tempted to make a spear dudes this time around...

Second, I forgot how crap the character is at fighting right out of the boat. Outch

Third, the game character creation flows better than Skyrim and Oblivion to me. More ambiance too.

I'm still not done with Drakensang The Dark Eye though, I'm in chapter 7 but I want to finish Ferdok (aka Vengeance for Ardo) before leaving the town and I got my but kicked by a fire elemental (than looked online for fire resistance in the game and was told that slave burns are only available in chapter 8...me is not happy).

Slave burns? I didn't have that in my game… :p

I also suggest to skip that sidequest and return to it later. It's not only the fire resistance you need, it's the horde of respawning guards you'll face (IIRC you need to climb up stairs to stop them appearing endlessly) and you will need the equipment buyable in the next chapter to survive it. Not remembering which chapter is what though.

Last edited:
@purpleblob

I've just remembered another trick you can do with your Icewind Dale II problem. (I know you're probably not overly interested for other reasons, but this might help other people if people remember and know about this trick).

In the Icewind Dale series you are not permanently tied to your characters. So, if you have more than one save game (I normally have about 6 or 7 per game all from different stages of the game) and you have a save from a good while back (a few thousand XP worth) then you can perform the following function:

1) Save a second save state of your current position.

2) From this save Export one of your characters so you have a gap for one new character.

3) Open up the old save and save that again in a second save state.

4) From this save Export one of your characters so you have a gap for one new character.

5) Create a new Sorcerer at lvl 1 in the older save-game where there is now a character gap.

6) Play the game until the sorcerer is allowed to choose Knock as a spell.

7) Export this Sorcerer out of the old save game and into the current save game that has a gap.

8) Once their job is done, export them out and Import your correctly leveled Sorcerer and continue where you left off.

(all the various extra saving is just so you never lose a character if you get a bit lost while practicing with the Import/Export character function)

All your exported characters should be saved somewhere so that when you select Import you will have a list to choose from. I can't remember how user-friendly this system is and its best that you practice a bit with it first, that's how I remember doing it anyway.

(if you have no old saves, you can just start a new Sorcerer and play 'till lvl 2 spell choice, but this is more long-winded than killing a few 1,000 xp monsters later in the game)

It should work a treat, and, in an RPG sense, you can just imagine that you're hiring an NPC :)

@MinorityReport:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will do that when I get back to IWD2... :) Taking a break from it at the moment. Lag is terrible with that game.... although I should probably finish that game sometime since I'm close to the end.

Back
Top Bottom