|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age: Inquisition - Discover the Dragon Age Video @ The Bioware Blog

Default Dragon Age: Inquisition - Discover the Dragon Age Video @ The Bioware Blog

March 10th, 2014, 17:03
Originally Posted by Farflame View Post
Do you think that DAI will be completely open world game?
The game is not open world, but it is more open than their previous "console" games.

DAI game world is made of multiple large maps in different regions in at least Orlais and Ferelden. Nevarra might have some as well, although it is not confirmed. The maps are less or more open, but without jumping or swimming there are still limitations…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

March 10th, 2014, 18:48
Not expecting a masterpiece… My only hope for this game is that they get the combat right this time. The repetitive combat in DA2 with enemies spawning out of thin air in wave after wave was something I took a far bigger issue with than the recycled environments or even issues with the story. After all, in most RPGs you spend the majority of your time in combat so they really need to get that right. It seems so far like all of Bioware's marketing has been geared towards reassuring everyone this is beautiful game.. but will it be any fun?

daveyd

Watchdog

March 11th, 2014, 05:45
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
That's, more or less, what Mike Laidlaw have said. No idea about the blandness (or lack of it) though
If its Mike Laidlaw who said it then there is no need for explicit mentions about blandness.

Farflame

Watcher

March 11th, 2014, 21:33
Don't understand the gushing over the graphics. Witcher 2 looks better than this. Especially the forest and trees and ground cover, which look very short and sparse here vs. the Witcher 2.

A new game is going to have to beat a 3 year old game in the graphics department before it impresses me.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 11th, 2014, 22:56
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Don't understand the gushing over the graphics. Witcher 2 looks better than this. Especially the forest and trees and ground cover, which look very short and sparse here vs. the Witcher 2.

A new game is going to have to beat a 3 year old game in the graphics department before it impresses me.
Well, a fully expanded, patched and medium heavily modded Skyrim will give it a run for its money too. But some of the scenes were very nicely composed and atmospheric. It does reassure PC gamers (at least) that DA has entered the second decade of the 21st century. And don't forget, most DA fans are console gamers (if I remember correctly DA:O and DA2 sold fairly limited numbers on PC, particularly compared to the Witcher games). Console players would be enormously impressed, and quite a few are probably assuming it's more or less going to look like that on Xbone and PS4, machines many of them are intending to buy.

Fluffyhotep

Watcher

March 11th, 2014, 23:44
Definitely looks like it's been designed to run well on consoles first and foremost.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 13th, 2014, 03:32
Alright I hate to be the one to say this but this thread is getting off topic. I have moved the discussion to another thread. Feel free to continue it there.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Generic Graphics

Link- http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showt…post1061245544

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; March 13th, 2014 at 06:04.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 13th, 2014, 04:01
I didn’t really care for DA 1 or 2. I actually liked 2 more than 1 which I know is rare (but I didn’t like it much at all so that isn’t saying a lot). DA3 really holds no appeal to me but neither did ME3 before I played it and I think ME3 was probably the only game I ever played that was considered tops in the graphics department that I really got into and beat.

I’ll eventually give it a try probably as long as they don’t have a console interface, as I’m a slow learner.

Bubbles

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age: Inquisition - Discover the Dragon Age Video @ The Bioware Blog