|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Delayed to February 2015

Default Witcher 3 - Delayed to February 2015

March 12th, 2014, 09:28
In case anyone missed the news today CD Projekt RED announced today in a new press release that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been delayed to February 2015.

An Open Letter from CD Projekt RED about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Release Date

Ever since we started working on the third installment in The Witcher franchise, it has been our aim to produce a title that would take our 11 years of experience in creating RPGs and distill them into a quintessence, into a game that would effectively crown those years. At the same time, we have wanted The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to expand creative boundaries, set new benchmarks, develop the genre as a whole. Ultimately, you, the players, must get an unforgettable adventure to experience in a vast, open world – and that’s most important.

We’ve created a story that flows naturally, cinematically, rendered it in amazing sound and visuals, while preserving full freedom of choice – all for you. We knew this to be an ambitious plan, but believed we could achieve it by bringing together our team with its creative energies and current gaming platforms with their technical capabilities. A project this vast and complex would inevitably require special care in its final stages, manual fine-tuning of many details, thorough testing time and again.

We recently reexamined what we had achieved thus far, and faced a choice about the game’s final release date. The decision we made was difficult, thoroughly considered, and ultimately clear and obvious. We could have released the game towards the end of this year as we had initially planned. Yet we concluded that a few additional months will let us achieve the quality that will satisfy us, the quality gamers expect from us. Consequently, we have set the release of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for February 2015.

Dear gamers - we know many of you would have liked to play The Witcher 3 sooner, as soon as possible, even. We’re sorry to make you wait longer than you, or we, initially assumed you would. At the same time, we believe the game will prove to be worth the wait and meet the expectations you have of us. We believe The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be an exceptional RPG, one of the best, providing many hours of wonderful entertainment.

Dear shareholders – we are aware of the responsibility that rests with us and thank you for the trust you have granted us thus far. We firmly believe that quality – more than any other factor – determines a game’s success, and that the decision we have made is thus equally valid in business terms.
More information.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

March 12th, 2014, 09:28
Awww, dammit…

Ok, now I have to think of a new "most expectd 2014" RPG.

Cacheperl

Sentinel

March 12th, 2014, 09:54
That's how you need to do it. Inform the community early about release delays.
It's a bit sad, but I think we have enough games to play this year.

EA/Bioware will be happy though.

Morrandir

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

March 12th, 2014, 09:59
I'm expecting DA: I to be a 2015 title too actually. They just love March.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

March 12th, 2014, 10:31
It's much better to delay and polish the game as much as you can - Obsidian is following that path recently too - the gamers will be very happy at the end. Besides I have to finish Witcher 2 first and sadly there is just too many interesting games coming out recently….

xep624

Watcher

March 12th, 2014, 10:42
Oh Noo

but you can't blame them. Rather have the game later, than getting a bad game.
This means I will have more time for D:OS

Good news: We already have a most anticipated rpg for 2015

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

March 12th, 2014, 10:43
Good point Titus!
With so many games being released this year, a few pushed to 2015. for the reasons of polishing is not bad news at all. Besides, don't we expect FO4 next year? It will be fun if they both get released in the same month (yes, I know it's not very likely).
Besides, if we'll need a new machine for TW3 (what am I saying, of course we'll need a new machine) better delay it till prices drop.

Anyway, I'm more conserned over Nuclear Union.
There is still no official word on it's state.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 12th, 2014, 11:21
Sounds good to me, there are old school rpgs coming already that will keep me busy. Wasteland 2, Divinity Original Sin. Heck, even Dragon Age Inquisition has me all of a sudden rather interested these days.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

March 12th, 2014, 13:39
Ack; now the poll has to be redone !!!

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

March 12th, 2014, 16:50
I know it's for the best but ….

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

March 12th, 2014, 18:02
I worked as a mainframe Programmer/Analyst for 17 years. We used to tell the clients, "You can have it done fast or correctly. But you can't have it done correctly and fast."

Zephyr

SasqWatch

March 12th, 2014, 18:14
Perhaps if they spent less time making "The Making of…" movie, followed by the making of the making of movie, this may have been finished on time. I'm starting to think 2014 will not live up to the hype as everything keeps getting pushed back.

ChaosTheory

Sentinel

March 12th, 2014, 20:25
Yeah, that the problem with Projekt Red. Instead of letting their devs to finish the game on time they drag them away to do the PR shit…

zahratustra

SasqWatch

March 12th, 2014, 21:07
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
I'm starting to think 2014 will not live up to the hype as everything keeps getting pushed back.
Really? Just starting? You know nothing ChaosTheory.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 12th, 2014, 21:10
Blaming the delay on PR is beyond ignorant.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

March 12th, 2014, 21:27
Living in the land beyond ignorant sounds very scary. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just like quoting Ygritte.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 13th, 2014, 04:08
Originally Posted by xep624 View Post
It's much better to delay and polish the game as much as you can….
It's even better yet to not give a release date until you actually have a decent idea of when it will be done.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Witcher 3 - Delayed to February 2015