|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » I am making an Android RPG and want user opinion.

View Poll Results - How should fights work?

Pokemon style 0 0%
Turn Based (from above) 5 45.45%
Turn Based (from the side) 1 9.09%
Real Time (from above) 3 27.27%
Brawler 0 0%
Other (specify in the tread) 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Default I am making an Android RPG and want user opinion.

March 16th, 2014, 21:44
In my game, you move around from a top-down perspective. However, I want to know how you all want fights to be. Should they be Pokemon style, or turn based from the side, or just regular top-down. Thanks for your opinion.

AndrewAF1

Traveler

March 18th, 2014, 15:01
Other:
Scrap the idea before the baloon explodes and make a PC game.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

March 18th, 2014, 18:11
Originally Posted by AndrewAF1 View Post
In my game, you move around from a top-down perspective. However, I want to know how you all want fights to be. Should they be Pokemon style, or turn based from the side, or just regular top-down. Thanks for your opinion.
I have never played Pokemon so I have no idea what that means. My preference would also be for tactical turn-based (meaning you can move your characters on the battlefield). If you're doing more of a JRPG turn-based style then you need to come up with some very interesting mechanics to keep it from becoming tedious; because selecting "attack" over and over again / occasionally using a healing item is not fun.

Real-time combat is usually monotonous IMO (Button mashing), and doesn't work well without a controller, so it's a really poor choice for a mobile game because touch screens don't always respond perfectly.

daveyd

Sentinel

March 19th, 2014, 01:02
Originally Posted by daveyd View Post
I have never played Pokemon so I have no idea what that means. My preference would also be for tactical turn-based (meaning you can move your characters on the battlefield). If you're doing more of a JRPG turn-based style then you need to come up with some very interesting mechanics to keep it from becoming tedious; because selecting "attack" over and over again / occasionally using a healing item is not fun.

Real-time combat is usually monotonous IMO (Button mashing), and doesn't work well without a controller, so it's a really poor choice for a mobile game because touch screens don't always respond perfectly.
Thanks, that makes sense.

AndrewAF1

Traveler

March 19th, 2014, 01:03
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
Other:
Scrap the idea before the baloon explodes and make a PC game.
I feel that that the market is too crowded and that I (with my limited skill) could not add anything new to it.
Last edited by AndrewAF1; March 19th, 2014 at 03:37.

AndrewAF1

Traveler

Tags
android, new rpg, opinion, poll, unity3d
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Indie RPG » I am making an Android RPG and want user opinion.